[Feedback - Megathread] XMAS Event 2020 ❄

Shinohara

I really do love the xmas event and it have been my favorite event since i started on my first account (Duerenkran) - but i almost lost patience and hope, i used about 2-3 days (not full days, but alot of hours) just to get through those npc's and then getting smacked by the boss Charizard-X up to several really wanted me to quit the game again, cause from my point of view and since i didnt have any boss pokes or anything, i had my story mons and i tried using them without success, but imo it's not fair to the new players that the team made the bosses so hard, not everyone have the mindset or skills to beat bosses that literally smack you in the face, they was even harder (imo) than the normal bosses we have around the regions.

But i got some help and borrowed some pokes, so i could get done with the quest. 

I was expecting more NPC's and events on the island, so u could use the advantage of that big map, instead it just felt empty when u went outside of wastelands and into the dungeon where sableye spawns.

I totally love that u gave us access to evergreen, still the best xmas map for me, mostly cause of u dont need to break your fingers while hunting.

Overall, it was a nice xmas event besides the quest and i hope it will change till next year, so every player who doesnt have a team and that just finished story to attend the event have a  chance.

Add: Next time, if u didnt had Corsica planned to be added during xmas event, then u shouldnt "hint" it (dont know the correct word of it) cause u will just be met with dissapointment from some players.

Edited by PrayforStefan

i enjoyed it since i love xmas and the new island was rly nice having all only event forms spawn. the mountain area of the keldeo quest was a bit excessive, it required me to bring a boss team through, i think difficult trainers with lvl 80-90 pokes would have been better (like the eriyadu trainers) and then have the big boss at the end. the story was nice and i enjoyed the youtube video "teaser" that was released before the event. the rewards were good for the effort involved although i was not a fan of having to buy leaf stones and revival herbs. aside from that my only other complaint is waiting to release evergreen, i would have liked it all released at once but i can understand why the release was staggered. i can tell a lot of thought and effort went into it and i really enjoyed it (especially the gifts from santa!). overall i will rate the event 8/10. good job pro staff 🙂

The event was great, I only find one thingy.

Around 10 of my friends started playing the game this week and some of them tried to complete the quest but as a new player you dont have many options to beat it with only one region unlocked, I had to give them some lvl 100 pokemon to beat it.

I'm not saying that the difficulty its bad, honestly it was pretty great even for late game players but maybe if you guys add a system for the difficulty of the quest based on the regions unlocked or something that lets new players beat it without any help from friends something like the current bosses, Easy/Medium/Hard mode for the important fights.

Overall the event was pretty fun.

also hi 😄

ezgif-6-fde42bc79ce2.gif.1834900c4cb925539e9d9ee25d790458.gif

AriGG Shop

"The ones you looked down on and stepped on and toyed with are going to defeat you today!!"

I really liked the event! I would've liked to see some more variations in the spawns perhaps, since some pokemon overlapped with the summer event (dratini and azurill). The quest was also fun, except it would be nice if the cave didn't require flash and if there is another pokecenter nearby (I had to make so many trips).

I liked quest personal and again not a fan of keldeo. The quest was pretty big and one problem found was in Christmas gift giving. Is there any clause that only quest finished guy gets full Christmas gift or anything??  Other wise plz give others also to get the gift left 

Ty rly enjoying the game

content and everything was awesome in event but that travel fee like 10x per day even for ppl who paid for free traveling.. i probably wasted 1m on this alrdy even tho i bought a ticket for free traveling xd for beginners this must be horrible and even for me it is crazy

I actually enjoyed this event quite a bit,

The randomized part of it per user made it more challenging, made it so that you can't just follow someone's guide and beat the whole thing in 5 minutes. The rewards were really nice too, getting a reroll from Elmer, a mini membership from the presents along with an EXP boost and various other rewards from the present from Santa Corsi. I now think that people will try and do the most they possibly can in future quests so that they don't miss out on other rewards like this one.

What i did not like in the event was simply the travel times, you had to travel over long periods of time just to get somewhere with no fast method of returning, besides an escape rope, but if you need to go back there, then you're stuck. The times that you had to go to the mountain, then do that part of the quest, then return to the wastelands which was another long run, and go into the forest dungeon was i find more tedious, and becomes dull.

Other than that i thought the quest was very creative and fun to do, i especially liked the part where you got swallowed by the wailord, thought that was funny, and a couple of the Legend Of Zelda references were cool too, don't know how many others noticed those. i would 100% be down to do another individually randomized puzzle quest, i find them interesting, but i know that some just want the plain and simple "i do this in 1 min and give me reward" type of thing.

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

• Enjoyment : Overall, enjoyable, EXCEPT the mountain part in the quest, that's all I can say. But I can't say I'm not puzzled at your spawn choice here. During the quest, we saw Wishiwashi in Burring Strait Underwater, so why Dhelmise is the one spawning there? Wouldn't it be more logical to have Wishiwashi spawn there, while Dhelmise is in the "~*so inaccessible it's mythical*~" Corsica Island instead? Also, the fact that we have to go all the way to Evergreen's last cave for Treecko spawn. It feels like it makes zero sense putting Torchic and Mudkip spawn in Matsuki but no Treecko, considering Evergreen map has all 3.

• Quest Difficulty: I personally had not much issue with the forest area since by the time I'm doing that part, there is a guide online already, but some people, especially those doing that part before there's a guide, find that part incredibly confusing. Did you test that part in any way? I'm probably wrong about this, but it feels like you might have simply tested the quest from the perspective of a programmer, but did not test the quest from the perspective of a player. Programmers naturally would already know what to do in the quest, they're likely just testing to see if their coding works. But players don't immediately know what to do. I think, the problem here, is that there's just not enough hints and too much object to check in the forest area. Plus, if we have to leave the boss area, the lever changes, meaning players might have to check everything all over again.
    And now the one I and many others have the most trouble with: the mountain area. Having a difficult part in the quest for a mythical, that makes sense. But this is just way too much. Multiple superboss that not all players have a way to deal with, with the last one carrying hyper meta team, as in, all meta high tier Pokemon crammed into one team. After a few losses, I eventually had to borrow a friend's bossing team to get through that MCX boss (and the rest of the quest, which all also involve superbosses). Good thing I have a friend that lets me borrow his team, but what about those who don't? Again, it feels like you're not testing this from the eyes of a regular player. Also, the incredibly long trek players have to do if they lost to the Mega Charizard X superboss team, not to mention the second half of the trek needing Flash AND is a maze. This, I really think you never actually try to feel it yourself. After a few trek, this isn't difficulty anymore, this is just plain being annoying for the sake of being annoying, and it feels dumb.

• Story/Lore perspective: I have no issue with this so I can't say much about it, just that it's fine.

• Effort/Reward Ratio: Considering the massive difficulty AND annoyance for the mountain area, we probably should have gotten a lot more, like say, the Keldeo should have been guaranteed to have 3 31 IVs. Thankfully my Keldeo ends up decent, but I can imagine the frustration of people who after going through all those superboss, ends up with a terrible Keldeo. Or, we should have gotten something really valuable in the end in addition to the mythical, like a reroll ticket + a nature reroll ticket, or free 15 day ms + free BMS. (Maybe make those valuable items untradable so that the market is not affected much, though)