[Feedback - Megathread] XMAS Event 2020 ❄

Shinohara

Quest was pretty much good. I got no high tier Xmas form ( I blame @WhiteBaronfor this ).

Quest was difficult but it's reward make it worth it. If you have completed whole quest , you get items which are worth 500k+ from Santa. 

Story line is good 🙂 enough. There is nothing to say much about it. In my view , it was one of the best event in PRO.

Releasing a new legendary is like archiveving a great milestone. Reward ratio was fine as per me.

Cheers for full staff team to organise a epic event for us. 🎊🎉

Edited by supertrainers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

For me it was the first Xmas event quest cuz I joined pro like 4 months ago I guess and it was really really awsome.The quest was hard and epic but it should be more harder and bigger so that it’s more fun ,talking about the rewards I expected more cuz I heard from somewhere there are really good rewards in Christmas event but not as aspected.It was really cool to play Xmas event thank you for the effort and the rewards were not bad I’m saying they were really good just thought of some more rewards. THANK YOU .

• Haha 1

Cannot deny, it was a great quest really fun and challenging. I like that aspect alot. Individual battles in the Wastelands were great much easier to do when collecting Moves fot guides and PRO wiki. I really enjoyed that.  Avoiding battles at the end even better where we didn't have to have a quest with alot of battling rather we had other tasks like finding things or presenting different things e.g. Pokémon weight.  

I'll group effort difficulty and reward ratio together. As they are practically 2 in 1. For the effort put in I think the rewards were very nice. I think we got more given than the effort we actually put in. The Greninja outfit itself was very nice to wear and look at, that in itself was a great reward.  Rare Candies and a Reroll from the boss in a 3v3 monotype battle was fair as some battles were hard etc. Keldeo waa a great reward. I won't talk much about it as I don't really pvp and won't use it but for the pvp players it's a nice edition and maybe hopefully change the ways teams are played.  

Though a couple of things I'll complain about is the Lore. I didn't like the references to PRO staff e.g. Niko and Lord Wally Wally. Key aspects of the story don't need to be based on any PRO staff. I'd actually rather had some of the characters based of the Pokémon Anime or completely made up characters. I basically just feel like using names of people you already know isn't creative. I'd love to see a character who's unique in the future quests or specific Pokémon lore wise. I would have honestly rather seen a small cameo from the other sword of justice Pokémon to make things seem more interesting.  Like I would have liked to see Virizion in the Forest Dungeon a grass type (kinda fits the theme), Terrakion a rock type kinda would fit in with the whole Mountain Dungeon theme. Also I would have probably not named the map Burring Strait. It just seemed so different form the other Dungeons and didn't feel like it fit the theme. Me personally I would preferred underwater Dungeon. However enough of that.  

Another thing I'd like to complain about is the way the gifts were handed out. As much as I am grateful for it. I didn't actually receive the greater gift with the 3 Lunch boxes and neither did other players I know. Only because one NPC wasn't spoken to at the very end???? Like honestly what is that the way it was announced on PRO Discord wasn't very clear either. Maybe give a heads up to the players next time. It's like watching all your friends enjoying their new ps5 on Christmas day whilst you didn't get one. It isn't a nice feeling. Would highly recommend giving a heads up to the players in the future events. I really wanted a Lunch box. 😔

Anyways sorry if it sounds informal but that is really my honest opinion on the whole event and I hope its productive enough so the next event will be fantastic.  

Edited by Waleed1301

spacer.png

I played most christnas events that pro has offered. I think i like the spawns at the map some are less rewarding and some are well snobbed.  Due to the fact the pokes can be hunted elsewhere in the event map. Next regarding about tier rarity. T6 hound(evergreen) became less frequent than hunting them at wasteland.

Although i like the part where get keldeo but i want to be honest here, i hate the part where we do a long quest then end up with trash legendary. Like literally not pvp wise ivs. Maybe next time at least make a code that we at least get usable ivs(dont need for the nature its cheaper cost to handle than ivs).

Another thing is why is it that the odds of getting xmas forms drops each day / week? I noticed that not only in this event.

Also i like the idea of the new boss in this event. Maybe next time add a similar boss in the upcoming events.

My judgment this event is  great around 4☆ for me. Why not 5 stars? I was expecting sinnoh starters to get their alternate forms and a new xmas dragon but didnt have them now lol.😂😂

• Haha 1

General: Overall, although it was very good it felt like the quest didnt belong to an xmas event and more like an endgame quest.

Challenge and reward: This quest has some good challenge and a great storyline. Being rewarded with keldeo which was a meta defining poke in oras ou feels rewarding aswell. If you possess strong pokemon including megas then the bosses feel challenging in a good way except maybe the boss with charizard X which was overtuned in my opinion especially because if you lose you had you go through the maze all over again. Perhaps the ability to use items and not making the pokemon overpowered for their level would make it more suitable for newer players?

Spawns: The spawns overall were very nice although the tier 5 buneary spawn was OP but it changed to tier 6 recently so thats cool.

Christmas theme: Although its perfectly fine to deviate from xmas cliches i felt the quest and map still needed some more traditional xmas stuff to make it feel more like xmas e.g snowy landscapes, xmas decorations, perhaps include diancie as a reward (debatable but i wont go into that one xD).

I give this quest 2 ratings

8.5/10 GREAT - for a challenging quest with good rewards and story that would belong in an endgame situation.

7/10 GOOD - for a quest that doesn't feel like it fits the xmas theme too much and is perhaps too challenging to an xmas quest but still posses all of the strong traits already mentioned.

• Haha 1

Enjoyment: I enjoyed the event very much! the overall mixture of bosses, hunt, mini-quests and duration was fun and challenging. finding out everything there is find, getting all the minigames finished, it really spiked my interest when I played the event.

Quest Difficulty: I believe there should be at the very start of the event some sort of ranking system, when we first initialize the quest lets say, the npc should ask if we are intermediate players or newcomers, and make the bosses harder\easier depending on the outcome.

Why? because the boss gauntlet on some part of the xmas was harsh, and even me as a semi-veteran player, couldn't pass it without lending OP poke's and knowing the exact strategy to kill them. I know events should be hard, but I don't even want to think about the fresh players who joined lately and couldn't finish the event because of this.

Story: Nothing to say about it, I enjoyed the story. don't have any criticism.

Effort\Reward Ratio --> I think the final gift (below the Xmas tree) the full one, was very rewarding and felt fruitful in terms of the work we did!

I personally didn't do Elmer because I just started bossing this last few days, but I understood the reward was a RR Tick, and I think a reward for a timed-event boss its a perfect reward!

I enjoyed the fact that the rewards weren't just Choice items or poke items for pvp but clothes as well, a mount could have been awesome 😉

Overall, I really enjoyed the event. don't have much con's to say about it.

Though, is it finished already? I was sure there's a 3rd part, that wasn't released yet?

Edit:
Honestly, there is one Con id love to talk about.

I fully understand why the event forms were super low spawn rates. you dont want to lessen their rarity, and keep them unique. i really do understand that. However! I'm a B.Cs student and I dont have 10 hours to play each day.

I farmed for quite awhile, pushed whenever i can because i really wanted to find an Xmas Snorlax or Mudkip or a few more cool event forms. unfortunately, i couldn't event find one.

I understand its part of the way to maintain their rarity, but honestly --> a trash iv event form shouldn't cost 3m just because its event form.

I would have loved to see an easier rate on the next event forms because it really lowers the drive (for me atleast) to event try and grind for event forms.

Edited by dastoks

This event was cool for legendary addition (maybe a bit in advance)

The boss was annoying, adding a boss each year is pretty bad and not accessible to everyone (like newbie)

The xmas % is always bad since 2017.

The thing about "talk to Nikola for better rewards" was pretty bad and we are not getting noticied.

Except the forest maze which was random, nothing change and event pretty easy.

So much mega pokemon (I know it is 2020 addition but you dont need to spam it)

During 2nd Pikachu wq, the crash was annoying so paying to enter event island was trash and i doesnt like this (dont say, stay in event island since we have so many things to do outside of event (excavation,digs,solaceon quest,bosses etc...)

gen7 pokemon this event was useless (pvp environment) and i think we can get better (Dhelmise and the fish how coming is bad and will not be useful in bosses.

I didnt like this event and that the most hyped event with halloween. Summer or easter event was better tbh.

Hope we are getting a better event future year.

Have a nice day.

CobraMK

I think the Story of the event was very interesting and nice ,and so was getting getting keldeo but personally i didn't like 2 things . First of all the price to go to matsuki island is really expensive considering you have to go back and buy those stones who are also expensive and then return to pay another 7.5k. The second thing is,this event compared to the halloween one,was much more difficult and i think new players like me have very few chances to actually complete it since there are so many bosses that require you to have ev trained pokemons to beat them (I am focusing on story so I don't have any EV trained.) Overall i still think you did a great job. Keep up the good work!

• Enjoyment
    I am not really enjoy some part such as NPC with lv 100 with 6 Pokemon. This is so annoying part I dislike it. Also, battle NPC can't use items. If it is for final boss I can accept that. Furthermore, Hunt Contest always being same thing in every event. When I go to Evergreen, always see Riolu get the highest score in Silver server.

• Quest Difficulty
    It is normal for me somehow we can get information from other player.

• Story/Lore perspective
    Not much to say, I like story.

• Effort/Reward Ratio
    I like those rewards.
  • Like 1
tumblr_pzawqx8A2G1v6xsm2o1_500.gif

I really enjoyed the first part of the event and can't think of a bad thing to say about it. I liked the different areas. The little quests and puzzles to open each area were fun.

The second part though there just didn't seem to be much to it. The only thing that happened there was an outbreak that could've just as easily happened anywhere else.

I can't comment on Corsica because I haven't been there yet and until I came to this post I didn't even know it was open. That brings me to my main issue with the event, I know this wasn't one of the topics but I feel like it's important, the communication about the event with the community is pretty awful. I put off starting Sinnoh for a while and finally started it just after the release of the second area and have been checking discord to see when Corsica would open and there has been nothing announced there about it. Also I have a habit of sitting in help chat and responding whenever I can and the lack of communication before the event about when it would start meant every second question there was "when will the event start" or something similar. I think pinned messages in chat or maybe a little pop up newsletter or something when players login would be really helpful not only with future events but keeping players up to date with patch notes, future plans etc.