[Feedback - Megathread] XMAS Event 2020 ❄

Shinohara

14 hours ago, Shuhei said:

@Kimap

Pearl, Big Pearl, Nugget, Rare Candies and few others items are hidden on the maps with daily and weekly respawn.

It has been done in a way that if you're curious enough, you'll not loose money cause of the Aero Airlines.

You may even be surprised by making some economy with them!

where are they hidden at least make a guide

• Haha 1

discord = algerie31#5698

Coarse-Finished-Grunion-size-restricted.gif

Hello @Shinohara,

First of all thanks have a nice year, for you and the other's staff. 

My Opinion: 

1- Enjoyment :

Has a 7/10 in general , i enjoyed the hide and seek and the Maze Forest and the height  levers on the mountain , oh also i found a bug Alola Golem have the same height as the normal one <.<.

I did not like the tax to enter at the event map, because a player like me needs every time to go out to do excavations and newspaper at Sinnoh , so paying 7500k each time is kinda huge price in a week, i suggest next year put free tax, till Xmas is over.

Other aspect, that i believe could increase the enjoyment, please make secret stuff random form each player, secret areas, something to discover puzzles inside maps to access something.  

2- Quest Difficulty:

In fact the difficulty was ok, not to hard not to easy, every player can enjoy .

Believe new players cannot do it... but i think is possible with python, define the difficulty with the badges that each player have and calculate the lvl, ofc the final reward will be reduced if so.  

But in general is a ok.

3- Story

1st time i like a story created by staff, was not forced and was actually cool, without boring parts exept the maze forest but the objective was to find , so, it was really nice.

4-Efford and Rewards.

In fact i was waiting for more, is true that Kaldeo is a great pokémon in general, but i think could be like something more, for the time we waste on this event.

I was waiting like a Nature or a Iv reroll , or a pack of net, fast, heavy etc etc Pokeballs and the legendary. 

I believe its all keep safe.

Voldis4.

Edited by Voldis4

- Battle Tower Sheet:

Battle Tower and Tactics (Google Drive Sheet)

- Oak's Newspaper:

I am honestly amazed how much effort they did put into it, I mean it really has good story/lore and Corsi even make a cinematic trailer for intro.. although the sad part of this event was not favored to most beginners when talking about the quest but the content keeps improving so overall it's still a successful event (in my opinion), so thumbs up and keep creating amazing content. 

Edited by Icefroqe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Untitled_05-31-2022_12-01-07_2.png.b0206a71b8f00a4946f0e5bd1b5adf38.png

16 hours ago, Starlight said:
  • Plus, if we have to leave the boss area, the lever changes, meaning players might have to check everything all over again.

This is totally FALSE. Once you has entered in the Forest Boss Room, a hidden path is unlocked, and its location is hinted by the stele.

Please, do not propagate false information anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hello.

the 3 quests were good, but as the objective was to get the keldeo, there should be a battle against Virizion, Terrakion and Cobalion

I didn't like the price charged to go to the event

I would like to see that  viridian city area being used again

I thought the xmas pokemon was easier to find, I liked it

I wish had + npc and boss to battle after the quest

I liked the rewards

Edited by alfecor7
  • Haha 1

only big complaint was that because of how hard charizard x team was, i had to spend a lot of time trekking back to him from pokemon center. That itself wasnt a problem, its when i get inside the volcano and am running into wild pokemon nonstop. I just didnt like that once I've already done the requirements to reach the boss, it basically takes me 8-10 minutes just to get back to him for a rematch. Tediousness isnt always bad (like ev training or something) but it really started to not be fun especially when I'm constantly tweaking my team to get a little bit further each time in the fight. Like i had a strategy i thought was working but my gyarados missed an ice fang against garchomp so i lost the fight to being unlucky and tried the same strategy another 4 times cuz i thought it would work if my attacks were just hitting. So i wasted a lot of time waiting to see which strategies would work just in the act of getting to him every time. 

Other than that I liked seeing snorlax and dragonite which r 2 of my favorite pokemon hence my name getting these xmas forms even though i havent caught either yet

Edited by Dragolax90210
  • Haha 1

Overall the xmas event is good 🙂

But I don't like the last part in kledo quest.Before the guide release,you literally need to click every mushrooms,rocks,and trees or any possible things in the forest.I think this is pointless because it has no fun and puzzle.Kind of wasting time for me.

By the way,the xmas form poke looks very cool.Tks the staffs:)

spacer.png

I believe that the xmas-pokemon output isn't great enough to keep players interested enough. One of my friends has literally moved on from this event because the lack of xmas pokemon he tried to get (there wasn't much variety when getting a xmas-mon). Personally, whilst farming for a better dratini, I have exclusively received Tentacool and Tentacruel which seems more so like a cruel joke at this point. As far as the content created I believe it was well thought out and enjoyed it throughout the play through. 

Overall enjoyed the play through however the xmas-pokemon grind has proven to be lacking in variety in my experience. I welcome others to share their experience. Did you guys find that there are/is a lack of variety in xmas-pokemon? Let your voice be heard. Cheers Everyone!

• Haha 1

The event was ok.

Personally still being only Kanto champion and starting this year, i didnt have access to mega Pokemon etc.

I 'll compare it to halloween though since i completed that too and i can have an opinion there probably.

As part of enjoyment it was fine and new place hype etc. The trainers scaled right away a lot while in halloween it was a slow start up to 120 lvl boss fights.

The low level trainer battles were good to have and nice to replay. I tried to use the extra ammount of exp i could get from them after every week reset.

If the event is recommended for everyone, i feel that at least the battles could be a bit easier, with some key battles to take some time.

The story was fine didnt pay too much attention though to judge.

I wanna say though that the forest maze part that you had to find your 3 randomly generated buttons wasnt fun personally. I get the idea why it was done, but still it was a pain to find them for people trying to complete the event. Personally, it took me around an hour to find the last after i heard what are the possible ones. I had found everything but the one i needed. If they aint randomly generated, at least people can look up to find the one they are missing.

The zones personally are very nice to be large wide areas without too much grass. But next time it would need some more pokemon centers or teleport options like halloween had. In the start it was nice, but after starting grinding it becomes just a problem that shouldnt exist.

Some nice options would be for guards like the ones in matsuki, to disappear after you complete the event, there was no reason to have to avoid them, just to get to the grass later to farm. This was done in halloween event, i dont know why you didnt continue this way.

Last ideas i would like to recommend :

1) dont ask for that much money to re-enter event area. Like as a kinda new player i cannot afford that, so i can only go back to Vermillion only if will farm dig spots or i really must to.

2) even if you didnt do pikachu as January's world quest, it would be nice if it still was a pokemon found in the event. A lot of people probably wanna participate in the world quest.