[Feedback - Megathread] XMAS Event 2020 ❄

Shinohara

Frankly speaking, I am disappointed at xmas event.

The chances of high tier themed pokemon is super low.

It's way lower than summer event.

We only get one chance to farm xmas pokemon in every year. 

Ther is no reason to make xmas pokemons such hard to farm.

• Like 2

This is my 3rd winter event and the quest part was a lot of fun with fun and challenging trainers. 

For the rest the biggest part I don't like is: that if you're unlucky you just won't get a chance to catch an Christmas Mon. 
3-4 years ago I had my last Christmas encounter and it was a Sentret , I dare to say at this and the other 2 winter events I attended, I put at least 100 hours+ in each event with hunting without a nice reward as I had the same bad luck with the Easter event. Heck  I've always hunted for the christmas dratini and caught so many by now I've even caught a shiny one which is great but still not an event mon.
 I resort to buying them from other players but all snake like pokemon that are event or shiny, I really want my OT on and it sucks it seems impossible to catch one, Because luck just goes :"NO", I love the designs but they're harder for me to get then a shiny and at this point I would be thrilled to encounter any event Mon, since it's literally been years.

It would be nice if there was another way to obtain an event Mon then from trade or hunting, hunting is what most of us do all the time on this game and it might be nice to have a break from that during an event to make it more special .
I liked the look of the forest pit but for the rest the map didn't appeal as much to me as older event areas, it's still a nice looking map though and I don't hate it at all,but I liked the look of the older ones more  and the map felt a bit to big which sometimes made the enviroments a bit stale and boring.
One more complaint , next time make the shop guy sell max repels at shop !!!!.
Aside from that, thank you for the work on the game and all the battles in the event I enjoyed a lot.
I won't mind if they're even harder in the future , Keep up the good work and my apologies for my bad english,
I haven't slept much these past few days 😛

Sincerely, Snek the god of Sneks

• Enjoyment-POS- Farms were fun and had a consistent nature for hunting, each spot had 1-2 high tier mons/new mons, very nice!.
                     -NEG- Areas were quite large, with a lot of unusable space and some parts had a terrible (Forest Dungeon Entrance) patch of grass.                             Event map fare was wonky and didn't account for people mistaking which PC they last visited, 15k instead of 10k, user error but come on.                 
  • Quest Difficulty- I didn't understand the forest task at all, all i knew is that it was random and spent 30 mins clicking on every rock and flower.

Unaware Quag n Clef will always be the bane of my existence.

• Story/Lore perspective
  • Effort/Reward Ratio- At this point how many times can you make a quest that different, i got Keldeo and im happy, thanks.

Can we get all Ice mons to eventually have a holiday theme, please and thank you.

funny event good story etc,  the underwater part was best xD, quest was also not too hard like haloween all great just the rewards were not so good xD the entry costed me around 500k - 1m and dailyboss elmer only dropped a reroll ticket so that wasnt really worth coming back for everyday and also it should have been free for travel pass users and the quest only dropped an unnessesary legendary keldeo nothing else but still no mewtu ho-oh kyogre groudon lugia giratina rayquaza deoxys and the other important ones 😢 :'(( but apart from it event quest maps and spawns are/were great xD

finn.gif.d450244a79435b8983a25a5b72cff0b1.gif                 Youtube Channel xD                 cruci.gif.0344cffa73dea39fea2bd65a11f291ef.gif  

This is totally FALSE. Once you has entered in the Forest Boss Room, a hidden path is unlocked, and its location is hinted by the stele.

Please, do not propagate false information anymore.

See, that's exactly one the issues here. I did check the stele again out of a hunch, but nothing in the quest even hinted at checking it again. Or maybe there was a hint at the door of forest boss room, but most players escape via Escape Rope or just relog in the middle of the battle with the boss, because who the heck wants to walk all the way back to PC. And then many players are left wondering why the first lever they used to enter forest boss room doesn't work again, and the explanation everyone keeps saying is that the lever changed, so have to check another object for the new lever.

Oh and I still clearly remember the stele does hint at the hole between the two trees, like you said. But that's it, that's the only hint given, nothing is being said about the new lever. The lever definitely changed, my first trip involves the berry bush, my second trip is the skull guarded by litwick, and my third trip needs the welcome board. But the stele doesn't hint at the changes, only about the hidden path.

And using the hole between the two trees is not even necessary to access the underground area where the new lever can be accessed, so the hint is not even that useful.

I'd say pretty much the only false thing in my post was the word "everything", since yeah, I admit that part is wrong, there was no need to check the items triggered on the first trip since those don't work anymore, so just need to check the rest of the items, not every single one of them.
On the other hand, I can imagine those first few players who first did the quest, are clicking on every single thing on the map to find out what the new lever is......

The fights were quite challenging I'd admit. I've breezed through last year using my story pokes. With this one I needed to cheese some fights. Also surprised that pretty much all the trainers have megas. I'm not sure I would have completed the fights without megas of my own, so there's that, not everyone might be strong enough to beat those. Maybe next time reserve the megas for the bosses and the regular trainers only use megas if the player have at least one Pokemon in party equipped with a megastone. 

Rewards overall were OK. Some new costumes and of course Keldeo. I'm just a bit bummed that they did not clarify that we need to make Naero disappear from Crystal Cave to get the full XMas gift but otherwise it's fine. 

I can't think of what Easter would be but hoping for Victini in Summer. 

• Like 1