Make Excavation great again [An In-Depth Excavation Suggestion]

Norex

+1 As mentioned before, after reaching 10k mark - every piece of content connected with excavations is unlocked, so I was thinking about adding something special at 50k mark, or maybe 100k mark. Something like free excavation site entrance for 1 of sites (every 50k) or maybe all of them free at 100k mark. This is obviously just an idea, and free entrance can be replaced with any other reward, but it have to be worth it, so players won't have feeling of wasting their time .  
Another idea that I have is giving players more control over pokemon spawns. Let's take for example beldum from mineral site. I am suggesting to , either for money or artefact pieces, buy a chance for encountering beldum (+20% or so). You can think of it as an blk medalion but for excavation sites. How can this be done? Before entering, while speaking with Gingery Jones you should have option for this.
And one more idea is having a special excavation site where you would be teleported either randomly with chance (1:100 or 1:500... ) or every 100th time you visit site, or 500th or 1000th etc. This site should have guaranteed reward in it (maybe shiny poke, maybe valuable item, maybe free high tier syncable poke etc).

Edited by JustLegend

-1 just because you suggested a mareanie spawn

Jk , people who have reached the pinnacle of excavation in pro have been crying forever for a change or an update , which is well deserved. The current spawns are outdated and some of the mons can be hunted outside of excavation , so there is really no incentive to care about excavation . Updating the spawns to what you have suggested or something similar will also be a great way to integrate gen 8 pokemon slowly  ( we still havent forgotted about that wishiwashi spawn and corsica island ) . The items do need a slight buff imo , but not to the point of getting too much profit , because  i think getting the high tier pokemon is the profit in itself but i won't delve too much on that , just saying a slight buff is appreciated.

Big +1

Edited by Ghabra

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

8 hours ago, iceflake said:

Personally Having Items all the same instead of having them correspond with the site would just feel very bland

I get your point but in order to have a different item on Excavation Sites they would need to get balanced in another way. As mentioned the items currently have very different odds and values which makes the different Excavation Sites unbalanced. Less-valuable items are more likely to be encountered which leads to less pokemon spawns while rare items are too rare to have any impact. It doesnt have too much of an impact but I still wanted to mention a way to make it balanced. Maybe it could be considered to introduce new rare items for the Excavation Sites as well.

8 hours ago, iceflake said:

This site just seems unbalanced as 1 sync shouldn't be able to sync 6/7 available pokemon, and that without porygon in this site there would be no way to farm for one every day without doing a boss/quackjack.  Most of the spawn changes in these sites just seems overwelming tbh.  Some of the changes are good mind.  But most of them feel like change just for the sol purpose of adding farmable alola's/new pokemon (also making alolan geodude a common would prob make a lot of people mad as well)
I am remembering you did say you were no spawn expert but these will probably have to be changed in another way/add new spawns/maybe make a rotational excavation with a new alolan in one exca every week/3days or so. kinda like forest pit rotations.

-1 / +1 b/c i cant decide, as a hunter i love having new hunts but as a guy who loves his exclusive epics its just eh.

First of all thanks for the feedback on the suggested spawns. Really appreciated because they are not perfect or may be imbalanced sometimes as mentioned. I thought about some rotating spawns as well but was unsure how that would work and if it could be too much work from the content-scripters but I like the idea in general as this would make the spawns less overwhelming to a certain extend.

I went ahead and added Audino as an option over Togepi for the Wondrous Site but I want to mention again that I think the spawns should be somewhat good to make Excavation feel worth and exciting. So if people think the spawns are too overpowered I would suggest to increase the cooldown or the entry-price instead of the actual spawns.

7 hours ago, Takanumi7 said:

+1 from me overall. I think its all a bit too much tbh like your spawns are a bit too overpowered but in general very nice suggestions! My favorites are: reroll ticket obtainability, every 1000 points a reward, stat-modifying berries (way too hard to farm atm, i would raise the price for them though) and of course shiny rocks

Thanks for your feedback. I understand the point that some spawns may be too overpowered but I would recommend to increase the cooldown or the entry-price of Excavation Sites instead of making slightly worse spawns. I think the spawns should be good to make Excavation Sites feel worth and exciting while doing them. However I can understand if people want spawns to not be that overpowered to keep the same cooldown and entry-price for Excavation Sites alive.

+1, the current spawns doesnt worth valueable time and money. I do exca alot and recently i quitted at 20k point because imo, the high tier spawn doesnt good enough . Some of them are totally sellable as they r clefa, rotom and ferroseed which is the best meta spawn in exca sites. I like the idea of new spawns but yea its kinda op, that to balance it, is by increasing abit the entry cost and cd(not my fav)

Hnnn#5949