Complete PRO Pokedex - All information you need about a Pokemon on PRO

Desumi

Changelog #2:

• Added a new section on index post.
    • Added a new tinyurl link.
    • Added a new Bit.ly link.

Comment:

I'm still considering adding sprites to every Pokemon.
But I'm still testing out whether it loads through spoiler interaction or if everything loads seperately when the page loads.

Should it be the latter, I will not add sprites to not increase loading times for low-end PCs.

Also considering adding repel-trick spots to every Pokemon that has one.

It will be another large task, but I'm not sure if its a feature people would want just yet.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

Changelog #3:

• Manually fixed a formatting issue that arised from a broken BBCode clusure for bold formatting for Gen 1. (Still a issue on gen 2 to 5)

Other problems:

• Code blocks (for the spawn locations) had more whitespaces on top. This is wasting a lot of space.

This was spotted on generation 1 to 5 where the formatting issue was found. It is most likely a side-affect.

Comment:

I have fixed Generation 1 with the expcetion of the code blocks including the spawns. Those will be fixed when I have the stamina to manually adjust them all.

I will continue to fix the broken formatting code manually for gen 2 through 5. Because fixing it automatically with BBCode is no longer a possibility.

Simply because each text size for every Pokemon's name was done manually, and I do not wish to go over 721 names again and manually adjust the sizes a second time.

And a lot of rich-text formatting was also implemented throughout, because BBCode for those features were no longer supported.

I swear I have clicked a million times since I first created this thread. And automatically adjusting is no longer possible, everything will now be manually adjusted.

Let's hope this goes without further side-effects to the already existing code.

Expected ETA on fixing the formatting issues and codeblocks:

~ 1-3 days (maybe today, if I pour my heart and soul into it)

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

Changelog #4:

• Added a "World Quest" section to every Pokemon that can be found on Birth Island
    • Added information related to legendaries:
      • Which counterpart(s) to catch to unlock spawning that legendary
      • Chances for a legendary to spawn
    • Added information related to pseudo-legendaries:
      • What chances to encounter that pseudo-legendary
      • That every psuedo-legendary will have their H.A (Hidden Ability)
      • Which other psuedo-legendaries that you can encounter
    • Added a short guide on how to participate in a World Quest and how to gain the Mysterious ticket
    • Forum guide and a Youtube video explaining how World Quest works
  • Fixed up some BBcode formatting along the way.
  • Added some more information to the following legendaries:
    • Suicune, Raikou and Entei
      • Added the explaination for each legendary beast (i.e Entei is said to represent the flames that burned the Brass Tower)
  • Updated some information on the following legendaries:
    • Latios and Latias
      • Updated the section for "Change your legendary"
    • Regirock, Regice and Registeel
      • Removed that you could only catch one of the titans.
      • Added a new section for Regice only (explaining that you can still encounter a Regice if you caught one during 2017 winter event and didn't choose one as part of the legendary titans quest)
  • Some other changes in relation to updating some BBCode parts here and there to match the supported version

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Changelog #5:

• Changed the evolve criteria for Goodra. Level Trigger => Original Game Trigger
    As the original game evolve process has been added to the game, replacing the old level trigger at x.
  • Fixed some grammatical errors along the way.

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

Changelog #6:

• Fixed the "Generation TOS (Table Of Contents)" (quick go-to links to each Generation)
  • Added Generation 7 and all the available data for every Pokemon (if it has any).
    • Added a new "Birth Island" category (i.e for Lunala and Solgaleo)
    • More clean formatting and now is synched with the new forum formatting (Gen 7 exclusive so far)
    • Grammar is on point this time, I promise.
    • All the base game level-up requirements or evolution requirements and an notice that it may change once the Pokemon is out.
    • New "Outbreaks" category for all the Pokemon that is in the Outbreak spawn set. (Gen 7 exclusive so far)
    • New "Guild Island" category for all the Pokemon that is a part of the "Rare encounters" spawn set for Guild Island Falls (Gen 7 exclusive so far)
    • New "Safari Event" category for all the Pokemon that was part of a spawn set for each region's Safari Zone (Gen 7 exclusive so far)
    • If the Pokemon has any available "seen data", this is now included (and if it is only during a specific season). (Gen 7 exclusive so far)
  • Cleaned up in main post.
  • Added a new Generation 7 banner design.
Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

Changelog #7:

• Added the new categories below to the Features section on the index post
    • Pokemon form (if it has any)
    • Birth Island
    • Outbreaks
    • Guild Island
    • Safari Event 
  • Removed spawn locations for all Pokemon who had one (became quickly deprecated)
    • Added useful link to PRO's Discord bot and the channel to use the command(s) in
    • Added a command example (i.e ^spawn Magikarp) where each has a custom made command for that Pokemon which can be directly copied and inputted into the #bot-commands to get its spawn location on PRO's Discord server.
    • Colorized the example to highlight its importance.
  • Fixed the broken redirect link in Changelogs for Changelog #6 and adjusted the others accordingly
    • Uses the share url for comments instead of the old but trusty method (which became deprecated when the forums updated)
  • Completely reworked BBCode and paragraph formatting from scratch for Gen 1 (following gen 7 format now)
    • Adjusted size of all subheaders to 18px (BBCode for size is no longer supported :C --- Why PRO, whyyyyyyyy)
    • Fixed weird spaces and gaps in formatting, making it look more cleaner
    • Added new spoilers for long paragraphs (i.e for Pokemon Day Care & Curing a Pokemon)
    • Added in the new categories where applicable (If I missed any, please let me know so I can add it)
    • More compact and less spacey for each Pokemon.
  • Added a new Banner design for Generation 1 (Visually more pleasing to look at then the old yellow one)
Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Changelog #8:

• Updated the index post
    • Replaced the previous introduction section with two new sections
    • Adjusted content to fit the style
    • Fixed a few grammatical errors
    • Added Changelog #8 (this) to the list
    • Replaced all instances of "Pokemon" with "Pokémon"
  • Reworked Generation 2 and Generation 3 (now follows the Gen VII template)
    • Fixed every single formatting issue that remained since last forum update (broken BBCode)
    • Removed all spawn locations and replaced them with the new template (see spoiler below for an example).
    • Replaced all lowercased headlines (They are now all 18px)
    • Spoilers to large sections on a Pokemon (i.e Quest(s), Day Care, Honey Trees, etc)
    • All weird spaces and invisible characters that somehow appeared are now removed.
    • More compact and less spacey, with a dash of modern feel.
    • Added two new banner designs

Template for spawn locations (X is replaced with the Pokemon name):

Spoiler

Spawn Locations:

To find it's spawn location(s), please use the Reborn Discord bot found on PRO's Discord server.

Use the command: ^spawn X in the #Bot-commands channel to get a list with updated spawn location(s).

What's next?

After spending 6 hours in total today reworking Gen 2 and Gen 3, I've decided to take a few days off this, simply because I don't have as much time during week days.

Once its closer to the weekend or I have more time available, I'll continue reworking Generation 4 and 5 and finish up with Generation 6 soon after.

Hopefully I'll be able to rework the last 3 generations before Christmas, so I can add in all the missing information on a whole specter of Pokemon during last events.

Also been thinking about adding in a Repel Trick category, if a Pokemon has one available. But not sure yet, as its a very time consuming task.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Changelog #9:

• Updated the Index post
    • Added move specific requirements to the "Evolve" category
      • Added Move Relearner locations/TM locations
    • Added this changelog to the Changelogs list
  • Final banner design rework - Is now complete
    • Updated the style to fit the gen 1-3 rework and to match the desired gen 5-7 artwork style.
    • Replaced the yellow/orange tint for a more gray and darker theme on each banner.
    • Added the respective legendaries/mythical Pokemon for most banners.
    • No more repeating background for each banner.
  • Completely reworked Generation 4
    • Fixed up in all the messy formatting (text size, spoilers, etc)
    • Fixed the broken BBCode resulting in bold text on everything from #416 and onwards
    • Fixed up in weird spaces between spoilers
    • Removed unintended whitespaces from various locations
    • Added more information about the Darkrai quest
      • Added a forum guide for the Dark Realm (with strategies)
    • Added/Removed information about specific "seen" data of Legendaries and how to obtain them
      • Removed outdated content after cross-checking with multiple information sources
      • Added more accurate information about "seen" data and how to obtain them, if possible
      • Added placeholder information which may or may not be accurate, but is a plausible possibility for existing
    • Updated the "Catch" category for certain Legendaries
      • Added a "Old method" and "New method"
      • Updated the "New method" category with more accurate and helpful information 
    • Replaced a lot of broken links that routed to the old wiki domain for i.e bosses, maps, routes, etc. Many may still be broken, because it is a lot to go through, so don't expect to not find a broken link for the indefinite future while browsing through any generation

What's next?

I'll update Generation 5 tomorrow once I get some sleep. And if I'm still alive,  I'll even try to do Generation 6 - which is the last Generation that needs a complete rework due to the new forum formatting causing issues with the previous forum supported formatting codes.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Changelog #10:

• Fixed up in Generation 5
    • Fixed a few minor spelling mistakes on each legendary
    • Fixed up in a typo for Daycare section on two different occasions
    • Made facts about a Legendary/Mythical italic (i.e Landorus is a part of the Forces of Nature and is serving as its Trio Master)

The only left to rework is Generation 6, which would take far less time. Once this is done, I'll start constructing more details about each individual Pokemon, maybe add some sprites and make them look more unique. We'll see how the loading times holds up while preasure testing it. Anyway, I'll do Generation 6 when I have the time.

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png