SERIOUS FIX

Ta7esh

while yes server should be fixed, and people would like it to be fixed, THIS IS THE DEVS JOB!

realize that cosmetics are done by artists, and not devs, the pokeball thing? ARTISTS

new regions? MAPPERS
events? SCRIPTERS

and yes i know its a combined thing and its all a mixture this is basic info no techincalities

yea i understand people getting upset at it and the crashes are annoying, but all the same, the bug isn't found yet as nobody has claimed the staff poke, so i feel like when thats found, all will be well. 
On a side note, that pvp bug seems to have happened very recently, to the point of maybe like a couple hours ago.

Edited by g3n3r4l

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

17 minutes ago, masinmanc said:

Agreed. Cosmetics shouldn't be coming out before game stability fixes. It's showing some bass ackwards priorities imo.

Cosmetics, events etc. are done by different people. Just because we get new cosmetics etc. doesnt mean that the server issues are not being adressed. Fixing the servers has the absolute highest priority for the developers right now.

21 minutes ago, Barze97 said:

it could be good also to try to implement a way to reconnect to pvp match if we disconnect

An option to reconnect is already on the devs to-do-list as you can check here but is probably just not that easy to implement.

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/159019-dev-to-do-list/

• Like 1

Saying that added cosmetics or events cause crashes is a really common missconception. Events are made by CS and mappers who have no business in DEV side things. Cosmetics are made by Artists and these do not cause mass crashes either. How could either of them cause frequent crashes?

Updates are always tested prior release in a test server, but because of the user difference between a test and the live server is tremendous there are bound to be issues that only appear after the release. This particular update was really big: image.png.33ba6d194363fee38fb73d8715bb10fd.png. It even had a public testing period where alot of stuff was found and fixed but still there are things that pass through always. They have also opened a bounty to find the crash issues: image.png.b25bec5697f11f8bad47bc856389e5d7.png

There is no benefit to keep rambling about fix servers fix servers, it does not bring anything anywhere. PRO is not made by a triple A company, it is ran by volunteers and you should remember that. 

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

Yeah truthfully the amount of times that the server crashes during these events, pvp matches, world quest and during rare pokemon encounters & every other aspect of the game I feel like is has really started to kill the morale of the players and I know of quite a few who have already quit because of it. It always seems like fingers are being pointed to the servers being [heck] but I don't believe thats the case at all, especially because the game was recently moved to new servers within the past few months and still we have the same issues. The problem has to fall on the programming side of things, so I would agree with the recommendations of this post.

Aside from that and I am sure you guys are overwhelmed but the gameplay (when the server is not crashing) is becoming very stale all in itself.  The game has become super redundant, we hit the same bosses, same daily hustles, same old not quite gen7 OU format in PvP, which has pretty much had the same meta/team setups being used for the past year that I've been playing. I am not one to complain about a lot of things cause I love this game but not as much as I used to. 

• Like 1

swordsig-mskell.gif.a469f0effb70ad789668b0481898b7a9.gif

Dig my artwork? Want to see more? Check out my discord server...

1))  DISCORD SERVER   🢂  Open Invite     2))  GUILD BENEFITS   🢂  View Thread   3))  GUILD SHOP STORE   🢂  Soon       

★   IGN PRO + SD   🢂    mSKELL       ★   DISCORD TAG   🢂    mSKELL#0001        🇺🇸 USA 🕒 EST ( -5 )      

27 minutes ago, g3n3r4l said:

that cosmetics are done by artists, and not devs, the pokeball thing? ARTISTS

Artists should be dedicated to provide better interface in the game than useless pokeballs

Pro is very poor in the interfaz (artists)

556692861_Untitled07-20-202207-54-08(6).png.25cd0edd14949987e568a5b18eb334ba.png

If you don't know how a game is coded or if you don't know coding at all, then please don't make wild assumptions on how it works.

Nevertheless claim that this or that is what's causing it.
Because people will believe things so easily and then spread that misinformation elsewhere.

As a part-time hobby coder myself (not in relation to PRO), I can confirm that what the staff above has said, is in fact true.

Adding new items should not increase the chances of the server crashing or increase the intervals between each crash.

And I am sure that the developers are bug-testing any event before it goes live.

World Quest doesn't seem to be interfering with how often the server crashes, so I'm sure you can't blame it on that either.

For all we know, it could be a memory leak somewhere in the code that's causing the server to bleed and eventually crash and restart.

If that's the case, then items, wq's, outbreaks and events could be almost certainly be left out of the equation.

Also, this is exactly why random players keep on spreading missinformation on PRO atm, because people believe in the same things as the OP does.

I suggest that you forget whatever previous knowledge you had on this.

Also... I cannot let this one sentence go unnoticed.

53 minutes ago, Ta7esh said:

Please CONSULT a Professional Developer for this, outsource one do anything just stop adding stuff so that players spend rl money on cc and making us crash every 10 minutes and even worst! new record 3 dcs in 1 MINUTE! 

PRO's developers are in fact more or less knowledgeable enough to create and maintain a game on this scale and continue to push updates and new content on a regular basis.

I believe that if you don't think they are "professionals", you must be either ignorant or blind.

They've done so much to improve this game since I first joined in 2017.

So saying that they aren't good enough to handle this problem and that PRO has to consult or outsource a "professional developer" is such a disrespectful thing to say.

You should be ashamed of yourself for even uttering those things.

And I know that someone will eventually say "But if they are professionals, why haven't they fixed it yet, huh?".

Because even professionals use time and resources. Because its not easy to debug something on that scale, if it was, PRO would be fixed by now.

Anyway, I'm not here to start any flame.

Just here to give people the lession they need in order for them to wake up.

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

PRO's developers are in fact more or less knowledgeable enough to create and maintain a game on this scale and continue to push updates and new content on a regular basis.

I believe that if you don't think they are "professionals", you must be either ignorant or blind.

They've done so much to improve this game since I first joined in 2017.

So saying that they aren't good enough to handle this problem and that PRO has to consult or outsource a "professional developer" is such a disrespectful thing to say.

You should be ashamed of yourself for even uttering those things.

Even to add to this in 2017 before they became devs the game was in a state where megas could never be introduced, but they still managed to fix that and add them. They have done gods work.

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~