SERIOUS FIX

Ta7esh

@Comrader @g3n3r4l @Norex

The fact that you highlighted on the idea of cosmetics being done by artist and not devs etc... I am well aware of the specialization of each, but my point is the staff structure is corelated, these cosmetics or events cant be published without the acceptance of the heads thus they are part of it.

To clear some points out:

- Cosmetics definitely doesn't cause a crash but adding such cosmetics for people to invest in and having bad user experience (crashes) in return is not a good idea it can be misleading and gives a bad impression, imagine purchasing a ticket for a concert and most of the time the Mic of the singer is going off you feel you've wasted your money even if they extended the duration of concert as a compensation but still the main issue is not resolved " Mic in that case", I'm not going into details but I believe you understand my point about it and some others that have commented here.

- Events definitely has a direct effect for crashing the servers how? well basically servers are not stable and by making events there is an overload on the servers due to more users being online in the same time in the same place, this will cause more processing on rams or memory etc...), just like placing more weight on a broken chair. 

- Reconnecting system, yes I appreciate that its on their to do list but due to the circumstances it should be sorted as a priority due to those measures as it could be an alternative temporarily solution and its definitely a worthy investment as feature.

-Fixing servers as a top priority, that is definitely a positive thing said and confirmed by you guys but this also means that things are out of control, we cant deny that, why not outsource trustworthy devs then as you mentioned there is a bounty for whoever catches the bug but again no one has access to the coding and no one should to avoid confusion here and it seems its a very complex issue as weve already tried doing several tests from Ditto to Aegi to everything and couldn't catch it. My point this should be escalated.

Finally even if its ran by volunteers but some players are also putting some serious money in the game this should also be taken into consideration.

Let be honest PRO started to became famous again and walross is pretty happy.

But this give less motivation the last PRO hype peaks was in 2016 back in the day where Shane was staff and crash rarely happens.

We need to fix this we are a pokemon game with active players each day lets continue.

We know walross/Cames trying them best and it cost a lot of Energy for them. But we can not do things by yourself only ask some help is recommanded.

Thanks for thread.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

If you don't know how a game is coded or if you don't know coding at all, then please don't make wild assumptions on how it works.

Nevertheless claim that this or that is what's causing it.
Because people will believe things so easily and then spread that misinformation elsewhere.

As a part-time hobby coder myself (not in relation to PRO), I can confirm that what the staff above has said, is in fact true.

Adding new items should not increase the chances of the server crashing or increase the intervals between each crash.

And I am sure that the developers are bug-testing any event before it goes live.

World Quest doesn't seem to be interfering with how often the server crashes, so I'm sure you can't blame it on that either.

For all we know, it could be a memory leak somewhere in the code that's causing the server to bleed and eventually crash and restart.

If that's the case, then items, wq's, outbreaks and events could be almost certainly be left out of the equation.

Also, this is exactly why random players keep on spreading missinformation on PRO atm, because people believe in the same things as the OP does.

I suggest that you forget whatever previous knowledge you had on this.

Also... I cannot let this one sentence go unnoticed.

PRO's developers are in fact more or less knowledgeable enough to create and maintain a game on this scale and continue to push updates and new content on a regular basis.

I believe that if you don't think they are "professionals", you must be either ignorant or blind.

They've done so much to improve this game since I first joined in 2017.

So saying that they aren't good enough to handle this problem and that PRO has to consult or outsource a "professional developer" is such a disrespectful thing to say.

You should be ashamed of yourself for even uttering those things.

And I know that someone will eventually say "But if they are professionals, why haven't they fixed it yet, huh?".

Because even professionals use time and resources. Because its not easy to debug something on that scale, if it was, PRO would be fixed by now.

Anyway, I'm not here to start any flame.

Just here to give people the lession they need in order for them to wake up.

You have misunderstood my points, please have a look one my previous comment for detailed explanation, as I didnt say that cosmetics and events are the main cause especially not cosmetics... but events they could be another burden on the server as u mentioned via rams memories.... Instead of directly attacking me understand the context. infact no one knows what is causing the crash thus its not spreading false information.

A very important point is that I didnt say that the devs are useless or they are unprofessional infact I said that they need to outsource another prof devs but that doesn't mean I'm underestimating the current ones cause as you mentioned yourself even if they are prof devs they are unable to resolve the issue thus getting support will make things easier.

I hope its clearer for you now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CobraMK said:

Let be honest PRO started to became famous again and walross is pretty happy.

But this give less motivation the last PRO hype peaks was in 2016 back in the day where Shane was staff and crash rarely happens.

We need to fix this we are a pokemon game with active players each day lets continue.

We know walross/Cames trying them best and it cost a lot of Energy for them. But we can not do things by yourself only ask some help is recommanded.

Thanks for thread.

Exactly! THANK YOU

12 minutes ago, Ta7esh said:

adding such cosmetics for people to invest in and having bad user experience (crashes) in return is not a good idea

No game ever operated by hoarding cosmetics for a year while waiting for a stable patch. Same for events. If nothing was added for a long period of time people will complain about having nothing new and leave. 

Do you believe you could play like this? I don't think so.

14 minutes ago, Ta7esh said:

- Reconnecting system, yes I appreciate that its on their to do list but due to the circumstances it should be sorted as a priority due to those measures as it could be an alternative temporarily solution and its definitely a worthy investment as feature.

If it was as easy to make as you make it sound it be surely it would have been made already. The code is spaghetti from before 2017 and adding something with the snap of a finger is not reality. 

9 minutes ago, CobraMK said:

Comparing shane age pro and current age pro is like comparing a car from 1900 and a modern sportscar, so many missing features, bugs and what not. I played back in 2016 and there was definitely crashes. And another thing worse than crashes was the constant queues. 

• Like 2

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

2 minutes ago, Comrader said:

Comparing shane age pro and current age pro is like comparing a car from 1900 and a modern sportscar, so many missing features, bugs and what not. I played back in 2016 and there was definitely crashes. And another thing worse than crashes was the constant queues. 

It like compare a boss with your power abuse in discord. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CobraMK said:

It like compare a boss with your power abuse in discord. 🙂

Go on, show me where i have abused. I'll wait.

• Haha 1

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

5 minutes ago, Comrader said:

No game ever operated by hoarding cosmetics for a year while waiting for a stable patch. Same for events. If nothing was added for a long period of time people will complain about having nothing new and leave. 

Do you believe you could play like this? I don't think so.

If it was as easy to make as you make it sound it be surely it would have been made already. The code is spaghetti from before 2017 and adding something with the snap of a finger is not reality. 

Dear I agree that if nothing was added it would be even more boring but i mean this is a special case and its temporarily to make sure that there are more preferences as its giving a bad impression, the reconnecting system is surely not an easy feature to be implemented but setting it as a priority would make things faster... altho i have nothing to do with the shane thing post but i agreed on one thing that we appreciate wallross/cames efforts but they definitely need support. 

Hello,

@Ta7esh

Asking a senior developper (the hightest dev rank irl) wouldn't change anything regarding our servers issues, why?

Because before touching anything in PRO he would need to check the whole PRO code and this would take more than 1 month and half for sure, since you have to check every edge case where all different parts of the code are interacting and also understand these ones, this would take many, many months.

Also it look like you think that our dev's are currently sleeping.. Thing that is totally false keep in mind that it's not because you don't see the work provided that people aren't working our dev's still spend nights on it (and keep adding fixs even if you don't see them). Do you think that any developper would be happy to see his game crashing and to provide a bad user experience ? The staff care about the game else we would let it die instead of adding constant updates/events and fixs. 

I read something related to artists? @Liz

Yes they could draw a new interface but do you think that the whole interface is made only with pictures ? When you got the picture drawed of your interface you have to "draw" it via the code too, thing that take imo more time and testing. So even if artists was drawing it this wouldn't be made now since only dev's could code it right and implement it.

About new Pokeballs I think everyone get now that it take few second for our dev's to implement them since the animation is already created and that only pictures file (made by artists) would be missing so it's not needed to argument about this on my side.

@Ta7esh

About our events and servers performance you are totally false, yes a code made by a CS can crash a server (if it's not made properly) but this get also fixed in some minutes since we get a notifications about npc's error's so we can desactivate and fix them. Adding a event/npc/map won't make our servers performance going down drastically.

I would also appreciate to see a battle reconnection but we aren't in a Pokemon simulator on a website. Basically a website would keep your token when you get disconnected (unintentionaly) so your user session can be restored it do not work on the same way regarding a online game  that use his own client interface (so it's not that easy).

Thanks for your bug report (even if this not the right section) we will take a look with testers!

Keep in mind that we aren't happy to see our game crashing, the whole staff do his best to help as possible the project we are sorry to make all of you experiencing these crash but trust our dev team they will get rid of these bugs.

WhiteBaron

Edited by WhiteBaron

lsqu.jpg

Bugs Report Center

Client Bugs - Pvp Bugs - Npc's/Quests Bugs - Mapping Bugs

Use the proper Subforum so others can share their knowledge and help.

+1 on whatever good thing on this thread.

The server disconnecting problem is the main thing that give bad impression to the players, not the lack of event or purchasable items in the period of time where the 'crash event' started. Tbh, i made a lot of friends with newbie as i helped them throughout the 4regions. But as the server bad condition keep interupting their progress ,they just quit the game although just about 3-7 days gameplay.Its kinda heartbreaking tho. 

GoodLuck to our Devs on solving the mass problem we are currently hving.

• Like 1

Hnnn#5949