SERIOUS FIX

Ta7esh

I will be comenting as a player rather than in behalf of staff team. As someone that has seen how things work behind the curtains i will try to clarify what has been happening:

Developers have not ditched the servers in favour of cosmetics and more content, quite the contrary, they've been working tirelessly to find the cause of these crashes. With each patch that attempts to fix these crashes, they get closer and closer to the source of the problem. As it was previously posted before they did a HUGE overhaul on the server code, which was tested privately and then publicly in order to test the stability as it aims to improve playability for Mac and Android users. In fact, to showcase how serious the situation is they even announced a reward for whoever finds and shows how to replicate the bug that has been crashing the servers, not to mention issues with host providers in which are out of the dev's hands. Despite all of this they are always looking for a solution to these issues, always trying to not affect as much as possible the user experience in the process.

34 minutes ago, CobraMK said:

Let be honest PRO started to became famous again and walross is pretty happy.

But this give less motivation the last PRO hype peaks was in 2016 back in the day where Shane was staff and crash rarely happens.

We need to fix this we are a pokemon game with active players each day lets continue.

We know walross/Cames trying them best and it cost a lot of Energy for them. But we can not do things by yourself only ask some help is recommanded.

Thanks for thread.

One misconception i want to clarify with this, in contrast to that era v/s the current code, a lot of changes and improvements have been made. Sure servers were stable but they also came with their fair share of bugs and unfixable/uncodeable abilities, moves and items. Even the slightest addition could potentially bring the servers to a halt for how sphagetti the code was. Ever since Walross assumed the leadership of the project this sphagetti coded has been slowly reduced, fixed, replaced and reaccomodated. What has this done for us? Quite the array of things:

• The implemention of previously thought non-possible to code abilities, movements and even mechanics (Like megas, which was hugely requested in great amounts but wasn't possible due to the previously mentioned sphagetti code).
  • Huge improvements on tools staff use (For both content and moderation team).
  • Dynamic cutscenes and interactable events (Puzzles through NPCs, pokemon and such for example).
  • Unlike before, bugs are being addressed and fixed as soon as possible.

Old times were enjoyable, but did not offer much to do after completing the game. Now there are various activities to do even after finishing the game. Whether you may percieve this as an improvement or a downgrade is up to you but the game has changed quite significantly and for the good.

In regards to the interface, its true that there are a lot of places the game could improve upon. Boxes, Pokedex, you can name it. However, aside from requiring the involvement of the Artists and Devs, Devs also have priorities to attend. These things will be addressed eventually, however, at the time there are different issues to attend to.

We are are well aware of the issues the game is currently under, but its not as simple as to snap our fingers to fix it. We can only ask for patience until a definitive fix is found by our Devs.

• Like 1
giphy.gif.91df8c76586489c4cb7c1431882d5ae5.gif

PRO Rules | Report Center | Discipline Appeals | Punishment Policy

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Unsolicited messages will be incinerated and consequently terminated in the spot.

2 minutes ago, WhiteBaron said:

Hello,

@Ta7esh

Asking a senior developper (the hightest dev rank irl) wouldn't change anything regarding our servers issues, why?

Because before touching anything in PRO he would need to check the whole PRO code and this would take more than 1 month and half for sure, since you have to check every edge case where all different parts of the code are interacting and also understand these ones, this would took many, many months.

Also it look like you think that our dev's are currently sleeping.. Thing that is totally false keep in mind that it's not because you don't see the work provided that people aren't working our dev's still spend nights on it (and keep adding fixs even if you don't see them). Do you think that any developper would be happy to see his game crashing and to provide a bad user experience ? The staff care about the game else we would let it die instead of adding constant updates/events and fixs. 

I read something related to artists? @Liz

Yes they could draw a new interface but do you think that the whole interface is made only with pictures ? When you got the picture drawed of your interface you have to "draw" it via the code too, thing that take imo more time and testing. So even if artist was drawing it this wouldn't be made now since only dev's could code it right and implement it.

About new Pokeballs I think everyone get now that it take few second for our dev's to implement them since the animation is already created and that only pictures file (made by artists) would be missing so it's not needed to argument about this on my side.

@Ta7esh

About our events and servers performance you are totally false, yes a code made by a CS can crash a server (if it's not made properly) but this get also fixed in some minutes since we get a notifications about npc's error's so we can desactivate and fix them. Adding a event/npc/map won't make our servers performance going down drastically.

I would also appreciate to see a battle reconnection but we aren't in a Pokemon simulator on a website. Basically a website would keep your token when you get disconnected (unintentionaly) so your user session can be restored it do not work on the same way regarding a online game  that use his own client interface (so it's not that easy).

Thanks for your bug report (even if this not the right section) we will take a look with testers!

Keep in mind that we aren't happy to see our game crashing, the whole staff do his best to help as possible the project we are sorry to make all of you experiencing these crash but trust our dev team they will get rid of these bugs.

WhiteBaron

Thank you for your time in writing this, 

Let me shed light on something I didnt say that the devs are sleeping nor careless but a different approach should be taken in other words when u are facing a severe issue adding things that doesnt solve the main issue gets players more devastated. it will seem like your buying cosmetics but you arent able to utilize them cause eventually the game is unplayable atm. What I meant about events increases the crashes we all know or the servers doesnt run by codes only but also by disks motherboard .. basic stuff i mean, hence every thing is related so when u make events there is a load on the game it might be on the memory on the ram on the HW itself anything, to simplify things if you have a full memory phone/ open several things at a time it will definitely crash on certain apps or run slowly this is my point about it. Its not a direct cause but its a plus for sure. 

Adding a dev as a support, your point is definetly valid, but it could be a longterm investment if they managed to get trustworthy ones because by the looks of it and lets be realistic the situation is vague on all levels, you were saying that it could take atleast for 1 month or so for the new dev to really help out, okay what if this issue was extended to another month or months without any clear solution... we need to be pro-active here. I really hope this could be resolved by our current devs I wont be sad but I just fear what will happen in the future if this wasnt resolved.

About reconnecting system, well yes as I mentioned its not an easy thing but I dont agree that its not applicable as there are other games such as clash royale etc,.. that has it, this thing is basically related to the API to a certain point with certain SDKS ( sorry for the technical terms I'm a project manager for a developing company ) so I know some things and I know how hard some bugs or crashes could be.

Devs should fix these bad servers, I pay good money for my cosmetics, the least they can do is keep the game up. Sad.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

6 minutes ago, Novus said:

I will be comenting as a player rather than in behalf of staff team. As someone that has seen how things work behind the curtains i will try to clarify what has been happening:

Developers have not ditched the servers in favour of cosmetics and more content, quite the contrary, they've been working tirelessly to find the cause of these crashes. With each patch that attempts to fix these crashes, they get closer and closer to the source of the problem. As it was previously posted before they did a HUGE overhaul on the server code, which was tested privately and then publicly in order to test the stability as it aims to improve playability for Mac and Android users. In fact, to showcase how serious the situation is they even announced a reward for whoever finds and shows how to replicate the bug that has been crashing the servers, not to mention issues with host providers in which are out of the dev's hands. Despite all of this they are always looking for a solution to these issues, always trying to not affect as much as possible the user experience in the process.

Devs are definitely not ditching the servers for other content, and god knows how much they are working on it but its also tiring to see announcements about them and just logging in to try them or spend rl money on cc to buy certain CCs just to witness a crash, I mean its going to be a 2 month from the initial crash but nothing is clear adding bounties to a possible crash prospect is a good thing ofc. but why not search for different alternatives.

As you mentioned they are working tirelessly without any real solution altho its funny the amount of announcements we see " we fixed a possible crash fix " and we still crash. We've been patient for some quiet time but Ive already witnessed many frustration and demotivated members lately so things should be escalated, outsource support should really be considered in such a case

19 minutes ago, Novus said:

One misconception i want to clarify with this, in contrast to that era v/s the current code, a lot of changes and improvements have been made. Sure servers were stable but they also came with their fair share of bugs and unfixable/uncodeable abilities, moves and items. Even the slightest addition could potentially bring the servers to a halt for how sphagetti the code was. Ever since Walross assumed the leadership of the project this sphagetti coded has been slowly reduced, fixed, replaced and reaccomodated. What has this done for us? Quite the array of things:

• The implemention of previously thought non-possible to code abilities, movements and even mechanics (Like megas, which was hugely requested in great amounts but wasn't possible due to the previously mentioned sphagetti code).
  • Huge improvements on tools staff use (For both content and moderation team).
  • Dynamic cutscenes and interactable events (Puzzles through NPCs, pokemon and such for example).
  • Unlike before, bugs are being addressed and fixed as soon as possible.

Old times were enjoyable, but did not offer much to do after completing the game. Now there are various activities to do even after finishing the game. Whether you may percieve this as an improvement or a downgrade is up to you but the game has changed quite significantly and for the good.

In regards to the interface, its true that there are a lot of places the game could improve upon. Boxes, Pokedex, you can name it. However, aside from requiring the involvement of the Artists and Devs, Devs also have priorities to attend. These things will be addressed eventually, however, at the time there are different issues to attend to.

We are are well aware of the issues the game is currently under, but its not as simple as to snap our fingers to fix it. We can only ask for patience until a definitive fix is found by our Devs.

I totally agree with you for that game progress a lot and I'm happy about this thanks for every staff ingame 

But there my points was : why not ask about help (not former dev cuz he is (sorry for word I just say truth)idiot)

Walross and Cames are good dev and added so many new things and they can do better in the future. But I know Cames a bit since he is a former mate and still at this day, he is trying to do everything by himself. Getting some help is fine too we will not judge 

(I know its hard cuz you need to believe in a people who can do bad things.)

Thanks for answer btw game is cool now and we really like this

Have a Nice day/night.

Edited by CobraMK

51 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

If you don't know how a game is coded or if you don't know coding at all, then please don't make wild assumptions on how it works.

Nevertheless claim that this or that is what's causing it.
Because people will believe things so easily and then spread that misinformation elsewhere.

As a part-time hobby coder myself (not in relation to PRO), I can confirm that what the staff above has said, is in fact true.

Adding new items should not increase the chances of the server crashing or increase the intervals between each crash.

And I am sure that the developers are bug-testing any event before it goes live.

World Quest doesn't seem to be interfering with how often the server crashes, so I'm sure you can't blame it on that either.

For all we know, it could be a memory leak somewhere in the code that's causing the server to bleed and eventually crash and restart.

If that's the case, then items, wq's, outbreaks and events could be almost certainly be left out of the equation.

Also, this is exactly why random players keep on spreading missinformation on PRO atm, because people believe in the same things as the OP does.

I suggest that you forget whatever previous knowledge you had on this.

Also... I cannot let this one sentence go unnoticed.

PRO's developers are in fact more or less knowledgeable enough to create and maintain a game on this scale and continue to push updates and new content on a regular basis.

I believe that if you don't think they are "professionals", you must be either ignorant or blind.

They've done so much to improve this game since I first joined in 2017.

So saying that they aren't good enough to handle this problem and that PRO has to consult or outsource a "professional developer" is such a disrespectful thing to say.

You should be ashamed of yourself for even uttering those things.

And I know that someone will eventually say "But if they are professionals, why haven't they fixed it yet, huh?".

Because even professionals use time and resources. Because its not easy to debug something on that scale, if it was, PRO would be fixed by now.

Anyway, I'm not here to start any flame.

Just here to give people the lession they need in order for them to wake up.

I dont much about developing games but I have been a web developer for 15 years so I understand troubleshooting. After they decided to switch the game and forums to new servers, we still have all of the same problems. So, while I agree that taking shots at any of the developers and making claims  about who is or who is not a professional, is definitely not at all what anyone of us should be debating here. This post should not become used as an opportunity to start pointing fingers in any direction, nor should it be used to character assassinate any of the developers.

While every game has it's own set of issues, the problems that we have been experiencing here are only crushing the games true potential and that hurts everyone involved. These people no doubt work hard and they eat a lot of [heck] as soon as something doesn't go right. So while they don't deserve any sort of respect for doing their job, they do however deserve respect because they are human like everyone else. To be fair, no matter how good we are at whatever it is we do - we are human, and we make mistakes.

So the way that I see it, is that it doesn't take away from anyones level of professionalism for asking for help - In fact, that is probably the absolute single most responsible thing that any person can do would be to accept that they in fact don't know the answer - acknowledge that they need help - be humble enough to ask for it - all of which they have already done. I think they pretty clear that they are baffled by this issue and need our help. So while I don't think this post is calling out how professionalism they are or are not - I think what he's trying to say here is that consulting with a 3rd party professional developer & having them come in to take a look at the code would probably be more beneficial solution for everyone involved. Instead of leaving it up to a bunch of gamers to hopefully, just maybe, by chance stumble upon a bug or glitch that will help them to identify the issue. I think you perhaps took that consult a professional line a little out of context.

swordsig-mskell.gif.a469f0effb70ad789668b0481898b7a9.gif

Dig my artwork? Want to see more? Check out my discord server...

1))  DISCORD SERVER   🢂  Open Invite     2))  GUILD BENEFITS   🢂  View Thread   3))  GUILD SHOP STORE   🢂  Soon       

★   IGN PRO + SD   🢂    mSKELL       ★   DISCORD TAG   🢂    mSKELL#0001        🇺🇸 USA 🕒 EST ( -5 )      

13 minutes ago, mskell said:

I dont much about developing games but I have been a web developer for 15 years so I understand troubleshooting. After they decided to switch the game and forums to new servers, we still have all of the same problems. So, while I agree that taking shots at any of the developers and making claims  about who is or who is not a professional, is definitely not at all what anyone of us should be debating here. This post should not become used as an opportunity to start pointing fingers in any direction, nor should it be used to character assassinate any of the developers.

While every game has it's own set of issues, the problems that we have been experiencing here are only crushing the games true potential and that hurts everyone involved. These people no doubt work hard and they eat a lot of [heck] as soon as something doesn't go right. So while they don't deserve any sort of respect for doing their job, they do however deserve respect because they are human like everyone else. To be fair, no matter how good we are at whatever it is we do - we are human, and we make mistakes.

So the way that I see it, is that it doesn't take away from anyones level of professionalism for asking for help - In fact, that is probably the absolute single most responsible thing that any person can do would be to accept that they in fact don't know the answer - acknowledge that they need help - be humble enough to ask for it - all of which they have already done. I think they pretty clear that they are baffled by this issue and need our help. So while I don't think this post is calling out how professionalism they are or are not - I think what he's trying to say here is that consulting with a 3rd party professional developer & having them come in to take a look at the code would probably be more beneficial solution for everyone involved. Instead of leaving it up to a bunch of gamers to hopefully, just maybe, by chance stumble upon a bug or glitch that will help them to identify the issue. I think you perhaps took that consult a professional line a little out of context.

Well said my friend and this is exactly what I meant

• Developer
3 hours ago, PreHax said:

Devs should fix these bad servers, I pay good money for my cosmetics, the least they can do is keep the game up. Sad.

I am trying my best. Debugging locally with tons of accounts to reproduce and fix bugs.

https://walrosskastanie.com/fba461ddc5a54ec069fa2ff8.mp4

I made big steps the last few days and hope to upload a stable version soon.

Also, we did not change servers at all. We reworked a lot in the code recently, really a lot and somewhat ended up with a memory corruption which is/was not easy to find. We checked every crash, every server stuck, every log. We did not decide to simply ignore the crashes but we also didn't want to revert the changes as it would have ended in us throwing away changes we worked on for months, several hours daily.

I am really sorry about the negative experience but I am sure it'll be a huge improvement once the bug is fixed and gives us the opportunity to do a lot we weren't able to do in the past. These reworks were also the reason we were able to add mega evolutions, Transform, Illusion and many other things that seemed impossible in the past.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

while yes server should be fixed, and people would like it to be fixed, THIS IS THE DEVS JOB!

realize that cosmetics are done by artists, and not devs, the pokeball thing? ARTISTS

new regions? MAPPERS
events? SCRIPTERS

and yes i know its a combined thing and its all a mixture this is basic info no techincalities

yea i understand people getting upset at it and the crashes are annoying, but all the same, the bug isn't found yet as nobody has claimed the staff poke, so i feel like when thats found, all will be well. 
On a side note, that pvp bug seems to have happened very recently, to the point of maybe like a couple hours ago.

Although I see where you’re coming from, ultimately all these things fall onto the devs and take time from them also. Whether it be overseeing the projects to implementation of changes. Regions take time from all content staff and devs oversee the continuation of the project in hand that being said, it is quite obvious where the priorities are being cosmetic changes and events to retain player bases, I don’t think they can stop doing events at this stage otherwise PVE players will complain that they are getting nothing new while PVP players are getting new moves and abilities coded. Outsourcing probably will

never happen because it requires access to code. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PreHax said:

Destiny 2 servers? Wrong forum buddy. 

Edited by Gore
  • Like 2