Mirage Island Cave Needs Rework Please.

Sk8trgod618

Map Name: Mirage Island Cave

Pokemon: Geodude, Raticate, and All tier 9 Fossil Pokemon.

• Replace Geodude with Whismur

• Replace Graveler with Loudred

• Replace Raticate with Makuhita

• Change all tier 9 Fossils to Tier 8.

Whismur and Makuhita are low tier spawns that are Native to Hoenn so they make more sense and are more appealing for a Hoenn hunt than Geodude and Raticate are. Mirage island is supposed to be special, and Geodude + Raticate are anything but special.

Also the fossil pokemon being tier 9 here makes it punishing to hunt in. I tried for Tyrunt a few times and it keeps taking 2+ hours for 1 Tyrunt or Cranidos. Then I find 2 shiny Geodude instead of even 1 h.a. Tyrunt or Cranidos with Bms. 😞 A change from tier 9 to tier 8 would make this hunt more appealing and less punishing, as even if they were tier 8, you can still get the "other" fossil Pokemon at each phase of the Poketime cycle. So even if I'm hunting t8 Tyrunt, i can still get unlucky and find Amaura instead.

Thank you for reading. To be honest, I kinda wish tier 9 would just be retired from the game. But I understand a Pokemon like Zorua being tier 9.

Every single time that I get Mirage Island on a character, I'm excited to hunt H.A. Tyrunt with BMS, but then I go 400 encounters 0 Tyrunt and it makes me hate the game. Waste of BMS. waste of excitement about mirage island cave. Waste of a cave with impossible to find T9 Pokemon. Why even try.

Edited by sk8trgod618

+1

For the suggestion.

18 minutes ago, sk8trgod618 said:

Every single time that I get Mirage Island on a character, I'm excited to hunt H.A. Tyrunt with BMS, but then I go 400 encounters 0 Tyrunt and it makes me hate the game. Waste of BMS. waste of excitement about mirage island cave. Waste of a cave with impossible to find T9 Pokemon. Why even try.

Well, its in the tier 9 for a reason. Its the rarest of the rarest... There is no one rarer to spawn then these Pokes.

There is a reason that tier 9 is called "Extremely Rare".

Finding one is ultimately all about luck or a chance to repel the poke to avoid all the encounters and have a easier time hunting.

While 400 encounters sounds like a lot, its not a whole lot...

I've hunted a tier 9 Poke for a entire day, on a place that is always available. I believe 400 is nothing in comparrison to what I encountered that day.

I never once got the Pokemon I wanted and I also wasted a BM. However, that is how Pokemon hunting is supposed to be.

You take risks and sometimes you earn something and sometimes you loose.

If you're not prepared to loose something in order to maybe gain something else, then Pokemon is not the right game for you.

TLDR: Grinding is everything on PRO and grinding a tier 9 is the worst possible thing a person can go through on PRO.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

I'm the guy who did 1250 encounters for 1 Bagon in Dragons Den before Hoenn Existed. 1193 encounters for 1 Absol in Mt. Silver 3F with MS before Hoenn existed. I spent 210k in Safari Johto Wet Zone Entries to fish up only 7 Feebas with Super Rod before Hoenn existed. And I even spent 5 months on route 107 / Dewford without leaving a single time, until I caught my first H.A. Skrelp when Hoenn was new, Skrelp required MS. I hunted every day and after 5 months had only caught 61 Skrelp.

Things changed after that and all spawns were reworked to be less punishing, which was the best thing to happen to this game in my opinion. However, lately, things feel different.

My issue is that I feel like someone stealth-changed some things.

It feels like we're on track to going back to how things were.  Where it will take 8-16 hours of hunting to find 1 Charmander like it did back in 2016. If this happens, I will undoubtedly Quit the Game.

There is nothing wrong with letting players get what they want. If they find an epic of what they are searching for, they'll spend more time training it and showing it off and have more motivation to hunt the next target. Finding a target species isn't what ends a hunt, unless the player is just going for Caught Data. A hunt ends when you find epic version of the species you want.

To hunt 4 hours and not find the targeted species a single time is something that shouldn't happen in this game. The finding epic ivs and nature / ability is what's supposed to be insanely rare.

I can not think of any other game which has such punishing odds for something that is so basic in the game. A good example is World of Warcraft. Everything you do in the game is progress towards something. Even when you are clearing old dungeons for rare 1% drop mounts in raids with a 1 week cooldown. Spending 4 hours doing those raids and getting 0 mounts still gains you any gold that the bosses dropped, as well as any gear, pets, or even crafting materials.

The fact that you can try to find a pokemon and find 0 in 4+ hours is not human friendly. It's an unhealthy system at that point.

"I have been hunting for 4 hours and haven't thrown a single pokeball." is something that shouldn't ever be said by anyone in PRO, unless they are super picky and are specifically hunting for shiny or pinkan form or something..

Idk man, hunts feel masochistic to me. Either I'm losing my mind, or everyone else has lost theirs, to be able to accept such harsh odds for some of the spawns in this game.

Edited by sk8trgod618

-1 for the fossil change, don't really mind the other pokes, they're two t1s so replacing with hoenn t1s seems fine.

I think fossils should be hard to be farmed, as it's not supposed to be something simple, i think t9 suits it well, and you can get every fossil pokemon there, so it's very advantageous if you intend to hunt there

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

22 minutes ago, sk8trgod618 said:

I'm the guy who did 1250 encounters for 1 Bagon in Dragons Den before Hoenn Existed. 1193 encounters for 1 Absol in Mt. Silver 3F with MS before Hoenn existed. I spent 210k in Safari Johto Wet Zone Entries to fish up only 7 Feebas with Super Rod before Hoenn existed. And I even spent 5 months on route 107 / Dewford without leaving a single time, until I caught my first H.A. Skrelp when Hoenn was new, Skrelp required MS. I hunted every day and after 5 months had only caught 61 Skrelp.

Things changed after that and all spawns were reworked to be less punishing, which was the best thing to happen to this game in my opinion. However, lately, things feel different.

My issue is that I feel like someone stealth-changed some things.

It feels like we're on track to going back to how things were.  Where it will take 8-16 hours of hunting to find 1 Charmander like it did back in 2016. If this happens, I will undoubtedly Quit the Game.

There is nothing wrong with letting players get what they want. If they find an epic of what they are searching for, they'll spend more time training it and showing it off and have more motivation to hunt the next target. Finding a target species isn't what ends a hunt, unless the player is just going for Caught Data. A hunt ends when you find epic version of the species you want.

To hunt 4 hours and not find the targeted species a single time is something that shouldn't happen in this game. The finding epic ivs and nature / ability is what's supposed to be insanely rare.

I can not think of any other game which has such punishing odds for something that is so basic in the game. A good example is World of Warcraft. Everything you do in the game is progress towards something. Even when you are clearing old dungeons for rare 1% drop mounts in raids with a 1 week cooldown. Spending 4 hours doing those raids and getting 0 mounts still gains you any gold that the bosses dropped, as well as any gear, pets, or even crafting materials.

The fact that you can try to find a pokemon and find 0 in 4+ hours is not human friendly. It's an unhealthy system at that point.

"I have been hunting for 4 hours and haven't thrown a single pokeball." is something that shouldn't ever be said by anyone in PRO, unless they are super picky and are specifically hunting for shiny or pinkan form or something..

Idk man, hunts feel masochistic to me. Either I'm losing my mind, or everyone else has lost theirs, to be able to accept such harsh odds for some of the spawns in this game.

I'm not sure if someone stealth changed them.

But I guess it doesn't hurt to ping @PreHax to confirm whether or not something has indeed changed with the spawn mechanism since his time.

As for the WOW reference.

I've been farming dungeon and raid drops for the past year, and the rarest ones, with less than 1% is basically just luck if you get it. I've watched streamers go about the same dungeon for a year, each week, after every raid and dungeon reset to go over and over again, only to be let down. They even play on 4 different characters to increase their chances of dropping one.

Unlike PRO, WOW is heavily reliable on insanely low-level drop chances and the cooldown between each time you get a chance to battle a boss for the reward.

We should just be thankful that they haven't even thought of adding cooldowns to tier 8 or 9 pokes once you've caught one :TreeckoNo:

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

On 3/14/2021 at 12:15 AM, Electrocute4u said:

But I guess it doesn't hurt to ping @PreHax to confirm whether or not something has indeed changed with the spawn mechanism since his time.

All changes I did you can find here: 
https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/97479-spawn-changelog-current-06302019/

Anything else that was changed and isn't noted anywhere, you can thank Spawn Editors that came after me for that. 

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.