Remove monthly tournament to give better reward for ranked ladder players?

Yellovv

I really don't know why we keep having a monthly tournament with insane reward while the ingame reward completely garbage compare to players effort and there is literally 0 competitve environment for top 25 players since you only get 5 extra coins for getting 1 higher rank. LUL. 

Staff keep saying that they want to have a fair advantage to all players and then we have a super dead and uncompetitve ingame queue. ppl with troll team can make it to top 25 easily, competitive players stop PvP after a certain rating because there is no point to climb into higher rank just to get few extra coins. Then we all realize that this game PvP is just a promotion for pokemon showdown.

For sure that a tournament on SD will bring more fair advantage than ingame, but we took away all the reward that suppose to give for ladder players to keep everyone motivation to PvP, to get rank 1 etc. And if you really think that having a fair tournament is more important than having more active PvP players then uhmm, I have nothing to say here.

Fair advantage is actually not fair. Due to generated pokemon on SD will make the meta much different than PRO, even we limited everything to PRO rules, the meta still not the same no matter what. So technically we keep asking players to PvP on different game and different meta. In that way, a lot of game can also tell their players to play on another game just to have your "fair advantage".

why it have to be monthly tour and not 3-6 months tour, I don't know why staff want to put so much effort on an unnecessary tournament while doesn't give a sht about ingame PvP where ppl spending thousand of hours of PvP, hunting, reroll just to get nothing and some random guys who mostly PvP on showdown get all the Op reward.

Lastly, not everyone have time for your tournament. Pls take a look at how ppl climbing ingame because it's your fking game not pokemon SD. When do you realize that queue is super dead, players keep fighting same guy 100 times row to climb super fast. And do staff ever asking players why they don't want to PvP, I guess no.

after all this is my suggestion:

- Give monthly tournament reward to rank 1,2,3 ingame monthly ( can slightly adjust due to we having 2 sv)

- Replace monthly tournament with bigger tour that happens every 3-6 months ( rework the rewards)

bb07943896b4bae2a54325ba8c0ccf74a46d8d6dr1-500-281_hq.gif

On 3/14/2021 at 9:23 AM, Yellovv said:

I really don't know why we keep having a monthly tournament with insane reward

Didn't make any sense a year ago, doesn't make sense now. 

while the ingame reward completely garbage compare to players effort and there is literally 0 competitve environment for top 25 players since you only get 5 extra coins for getting 1 higher rank. LUL. 

Ladder rewards are generous enough for their time commitment, they used to be flat 500 coins when I reached ladder in 2017, where the economy was hyper inflated by bots and got increased at some point for some reason. 

There is not enough uniqueness behind the ladder rewards though. 

Then we all realize that this game PvP is just a promotion for pokemon showdown.

Screw that but I can with 100% certainty say that you can blame the PvP players for that. I believe Eaty doesn't want them on the tournaments on Showdown either, any staff with a decent chunk of braincells doesn't want them on Showdown either. 

You reach ladder with your Pokemon in-game by moving tournaments to Showdown it completes invalidates everything but good luck getting that into the head of those thick skulled staff members. They should be in-game, in the end you are getting rewarded in-game as well. 

For sure that a tournament on SD will bring more fair advantage than ingame, but we took away all the reward that suppose to give for ladder players to keep everyone motivation to PvP, to get rank 1 etc. And if you really think that having a fair tournament is more important than having more active PvP players then uhmm, I have nothing to say here.

Showdown is only "fair" if you put Showdown and PRO on the same scale. PRO is PRO and Showdown is Showdown, they made the mistake by mixing that in the first place. 

Fair advantage is actually not fair. Due to generated pokemon on SD will make the meta much different than PRO, even we limited everything to PRO rules, the meta still not the same no matter what. So technically we keep asking players to PvP on different game and different meta. In that way, a lot of game can also tell their players to play on another game just to have your "fair advantage".

Yup, good luck getting that changed, It should. 

why it have to be monthly tour and not 3-6 months tour, I don't know why staff want to put so much effort on an unnecessary tournament while doesn't give a sht about ingame PvP where ppl spending thousand of hours of PvP, hunting, reroll just to get nothing and some random guys who mostly PvP on showdown get all the Op reward.

Yes sir, why? Mostly uninspired staff, lack of support for creative staff, too much of a headache to deal with certain staff members and ah getting anything "bigger and better" for rewards through Eaty is a big no-no probably. 

Holding it every month is actually the dumbest thing really. It should be every 3-4 months, only Top 25 from those months should be eligible to participate. 
It makes the tournament have a higher value overall, more participants, less time crunch on matches, etc etc. 

When do you realize that queue is super dead, players keep fighting same guy 100 times row to climb super fast. And do staff ever asking players why they don't want to PvP, I guess no.

As someone who checked the Top25 ladder for over a year for boosters/cheaters, seeing the same names with a 50% win/lose ratio and 700 games in the ladder made me cringe pretty hard (hyperbole btw).  

after all this is my suggestion:

- Give monthly tournament reward to rank 1,2,3 ingame monthly ( can slightly adjust due to we having 2 sv)

- Replace monthly tournament with bigger tour that happens every 3-6 months ( rework the rewards)

Yes but realistically no. Rank 1,2,3 should get something but not the tournament rewards (the spawned Pokemon mostly). 
Tournaments should be every 3-4 months, that would result in 4 Pokemon spawned and 2 Legendary spawned from the summer tournament.
Instead of the current 12 spawned Pokemon+2 the Legendary ones. 

But as I said, good luck with getting that kind of stuff through staff, it was a discussion over a year ago (the exact same topic you are bringing up)

Edit: I lied, I tried that in 2019 already lol. 
aetVV48.png.92e87fdec7bcce6727ba5def664e6022.png

Edited by PreHax
  • Like 3

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Honestly, very well said by the best man Prehax, well detailed and everything. What i think would be a simple solution would be to have a couple other people be as "Tournament Staff" and not just Keita and some moderators in the game that are already busy with in game moderation duties. Just people that are active and supervise the playthrough of the tournaments, and doing this would also probably relieve some stress off of said moderators, and probably the players too, as they won't be as rushed to get some games done. Sure recording gameplay would always be something tricky to do, and it just relies on honesty, but at least the games would be played on PRO.

But yes i do overall agree that the PvP rewards focus heavily on ladder players, and care little for the other PvPers

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif