De-evolution Candy

Lightkiwi

I found an essentially similar topic but i think it doesnt go indepth at all...

I propose to add an item similar to the Mysterious Candy to the game which lets you de-evolve Pokemon.

First of all, what does the Mysterious Candy do? It lets you evolve a Pokemon thats already level 100 but hasnt reached its final evolution stage yet.

This was probably added to reduce the work from the Megathreads which was to help out people that weren't able to evolve their Pokemon due to bugs, lags, not knowing how to evolve them, simply by being careless or whatever reason...basically to undo mistakes mostly from players.

While there is no Megathread for de-evolution, the reasons I can think of to de-evolve a Pokemon are:

-evolving into the wrong Pokemon for Pokemon with multiple evolutions, reason for that being similar to the Mysterious Candy

-evolved due to bugs, lag, not knowing how to evolve into the desired Pokemon or being careless when evolving

-making it easier to train, as unevolved Pokemon gain experience much faster

-increasing the value/resell value of a Pokemon as base form shinies or event poke for example usually are much more desired

-the pre-evolution being stronger (Chansey)

-the possibility of de-evolving a caught evolved Pokemon or boss reward (eeveelution line) and evolving it into a different one

There are clearly some abuse cases, the only fix for all of it I can think of would be if youre only able to de-evolve a Pokemon down to an evolution stage it was caught at, which could only be possible if thats something thats actually saved server side (caught time/date and region are, so maybe?).

A fix for a few problems would be to only allow to de-evolve Pokemon that are level 100. In that case I think the biggest problem would be if someone caught a Slowbro that would be better suited a Slowking or receives a Flareon from Boss Xylos thats a much better as Umbreon. The question is how often does this actually happen or could that even be desireable with how incredible difficult it is to hunt for some eeveelutions in this game.

The third option I could think of is to make it only available for certain evolutions that have fewer chances of abuse cases but still help out players to achieve the goals of a de-evolution item. The Pokemon where this would be the case in my opinion are Glalie->Snorunt, Gardevoir->Kirlira and the Rockruff evolutions and perhaps Espeon/Umbreon that are accidently evolved. This could then be paired with the second point that the to de-evolved Pokemon needs to be at level 100 already.

I believe availability and cost of the item is of no concern here, as it should be heavily tied to the possibilities it would give.

Another point I often read when researching is that it is currently technically not possible to de-evolve Pokemon.

Even in recent threads I found this response but I wonder if that still is the case with, since during the Hoenn Starter Megaquest, the starters can evolve and de-evolve freely as well as redistribute ev while keeping their ID and OT intact.

Well if it still isnt possible, then the discussion of "should it be implemented" would shift to "how difficult is it to implement and should it even be"

Spoiler

Thank you for reading!

P.S.: Please just de-evovle my male jolly Gardevoir. Im an idiot :EeveeShy:

• Like 1

It would be nice to lower the level of a Pokemon by 1 or by several and or by a entire evolution (i.e Blissey to Chansey)

But, it would need to have a way to counter the abuse it can have and a way to avoid impacting the economy. (As mentioned below)

The suggestion is a rather interesting one, and I do believe it deserved a +1, if it had a way to get around not affecting the economy in a bad way.

But, with everything said below, unless a way to balance out the economy and a way to prevent it being abused, I guess its a -1 by me too.

Edited by Electrocute4u
Unaware of the previous denials, so reflected my answer accordingly.

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

It won't happen because it is easily abusable. (E.g: I buy an en epic bold shiny Flareon, i use that candy and sell it for higher price)

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will purified.

Thank you for some of your input, but seems like some didnt bother reading the post.

Im aware of possible abuse cases and offered some solutions to them to keep the main use of the de-evolution candy as i see it, the evolution into a wrong evolution branch, intact. If people find issues with them or have other suggestions how to avoid abuse cases im happy to hear them.

I dont have insight on the technical possibility of it, except devs saying its currently not possible.

Other than that, this is the suggestion forum, this is to discuss features we would like to see implemented and in what way.

9 minutes ago, LightKiwi said:

Thank you for some of your input, but seems like some didnt bother reading the post

It has been suggested and denied before. The potential abuse is besides the point that we simply are not able to de-evolve a Pokemon. In some situations it might be useful, the boss rewards f.e, if making a mistake its a misfortunate action but misclicking the evolution screen can be avoided. 

Maybe the Devs have another opinion now but I dont see this being added into the game.

Screenshot_20210321-185852_Chrome.jpg

20210407_201806.gif