PvP And the "latter" of it

G3n3r4l

Now, many of you may have been confused by the sly wordplay I added to the title, but the suggestion is simple:

- Prohibit players to ladder on both servers

And for all people wondering, this is not hard to do, one simple way is just to watch the results of top 25 ladder, and punish those who break the rule. It's simple, and how it's already done for two accounts, this time it just varies for one account by server. Which should be easier to find because they have the same name

Why, on two questions, I see being asked. Why does it concern me, g3n3r4l, a low ladder, not very PvP skilled player, but can fend for myself when it comes to it. And the other question, why should this be added. To answer both, in recent months, the ladder has been littered with the same players on repeat getting the same rewards by doing the same thing as they always do, which is respectable, congratulations for grinding. The problem here, is that there are still many other people that try and ladder, and are almost able to get there, but in the end can't. Why can't they? Because someone else is on the ladder, logically. And who might this be, perhaps on of the dozens of people that have already been laddering on both servers.

The outcome of this is simple, there will in turn be more players able to play in the Ladder tournament, as it will total to a maximum of 50, as neither server will have the same people laddered, and it will also prevent a single player from gaining double rewards. This will in turn deflate the PvP market, lower the economy's value on many things, and provide less PvP shop items to be sold in the masses from these players.

Now considering there is already the PvP rule saying:
image.png.29097e27f0f8dfe59b65b0e6cdaeb70c.png

Now what this says, is already clear. Players cannot ladder (Top 25) with 2 accounts. So how is that any different to different servers ladders. Players are free to transfer once every 30 days, which is ample time to ladder on one server, then transfer and ladder on the other.

Edited by g3n3r4l
  • Like 3

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

I do not agree with this proposal due to several options.

1- As you all know, it is not easy to be on the ladder, if a person has the possibility of being on both servers, why not?

2- I believe that this does not promote frustration but rather the motivation to try to get on the ladder.

3- to finalize my opinion and my contribution to this issue, I believe that the trick is to surpass oneself and not make the system easier, otherwise it would be boring and would not have the merit it deserves to be on the ladder.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ELCAPI77 said:

I do not agree with this proposal due to several options.

1- As you all know, it is not easy to be on the ladder, if a person has the possibility of being on both servers, why not?

2- I believe that this does not promote frustration but rather the motivation to try to get on the ladder.

3- to finalize my opinion and my contribution to this issue, I believe that the trick is to surpass oneself and not make the system easier, otherwise it would be boring and would not have the merit it deserves to be on the ladder.

I respect the players skill and dedication to be able to ladder on both servers, and realize that doing this is not an easy feat. I also however realize, that this continuously makes these players wealthier and wealthier amongst PvPers. And while no, it might not promote frustration, i do not fully understand how it's motivating to lose to the same people that make it to ladder every month on both servers.

and yea i do understand that you're a ladder player and don't want your rewards to be nerfed

Edited by g3n3r4l

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

1180258041_blacksworddeathiconwhite.gif.a16562bf8d17f96731e57a2aecd5f6da.gif

Allowing multiple people using multiple accounts to ladder on both server is an absolutely dumb possibility buy.... Honestly, can we rethink the ladder reawards because the reward for  10th-4th is an 25% EXP boost, which is nice it helps, but a months worth battles, a ton of effort & of course the sever crash setback .... 

thats its not the top 25 on gold and top 25 on silver anymore... It’s more like 10 and 10.. When someone is laddered on gold and silver it creates a mess of the showdown tournament because if I am laddered on both servers I can’t possibly play myself can I? Right, reserve that spot for someone who I can compete against.

☑️ I agree with your concern here and [ +1 ] this post as well.

1180258041_blacksworddeathiconwhite.gif.a16562bf8d17f96731e57a2aecd5f6da.gif

💭  IDEAS (( NOT )) COMPLAINTS           

haven’t checked the dev todo list so forgive me if its been mentioned already..

1. We are in desperate need of a new Battle UI - Would be nice to have the current stat changes next to hp bar like showdown. Also, if trick room and  other moved like that need some sort of visual change so everyone knows its active,. I believe this is on dev list aleady.
  2. The PVP meta has been stale for quite some time now, I feel like I’ve been battling the same pokes for quite some time now. Megas are nice but they haven’t really altered the meta as much I was hoping for.
  3. We need other battle formats implemented, I feel like PRO OU Gen 6.5-1/3  is in need of a push towards UU, doubles or even a Monotype ladder would be cool too - most importantly Anything Goes format would open up our pc and allow us to use any of the bans like there are in anything ges.our legends that would also afford us the opportunity to use all of the pokes that are banned in OU - hopefully then they wouldn’t feel like such a complete waste of time and money..
  4. How about an option to look at the pokemon stat card and put a button on there that flips the care around so we can see the mega evolutinon stats instead of needing to link it to a chat in game just to check or use reborn but that ^hp command feature rarely works. 
  5. Put all of the ladder and individual standings & rankings like you have on forum dash, but in the game itself like on an npc somewhere or a button next to the coin shop..
  6. What if we had a mailbox button added to the upper nav bar with a drop down menu of PRO generated Global notifications - I LOVE discord but the game requires way too much back and fourth between the two.

Just thoughts and Ideas - take it or leave it

swordsig-mskell.gif.a469f0effb70ad789668b0481898b7a9.gif

Dig my artwork? Want to see more? Check out my discord server...

1))  DISCORD SERVER   🢂  Open Invite     2))  GUILD BENEFITS   🢂  View Thread   3))  GUILD SHOP STORE   🢂  Soon       

★   IGN PRO + SD   🢂    mSKELL       ★   DISCORD TAG   🢂    mSKELL#0001        🇺🇸 USA 🕒 EST ( -5 )      

13 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

Now considering there is already the PvP rule saying:
image.png.29097e27f0f8dfe59b65b0e6cdaeb70c.png

This Rule itself has to be elaborated/rework(reworded) 100% even if this suggestion inst implemented as server transfers made more commonplace.

DISCLOSER I AM ABOUT TO MAKE OPINION BASE SUGGESTIONS! 

I do think people should be able to Battle on both servers using their main as wanting to expand their account on both servers shouldn't be punishable.  Thats what i thought when someone else posted a similar suggestion as well, but looking through the past top 25's of the last 3 months we can see about 2-5 in both silver and gold ladders. So i propose 2 solutions that may work for both sides in this.

Solution 1- The 200 Rating rule.
What does this rule mean exactly?  Well very simple.  Every time you transfer if your rating is above 200 it automatically becomes 200.  This would make PvP'ing in both servers troubling as now users will have to split up their teams/pokemon between 2 servers if they want to make it to top 25. 
Downsides
Well simple people can just hunt/buy pokemon for each server to pvp with.  Not to mention guild members would be willing to give out pokemon to help,  Not to mention the annoying factor in it.

Solution 2- Averaging the Ratings (this is going to be weird)
Let me just give an example I a user on silver currently have 400 rating and my gold account is at 300.  End of season boom im in 15th place in silver and 25th in gold.  My solution would average out 400/300 but the only rating that would change would be the server i got the highest rating on, so in this case would be silver that would change.  The average of 400/300 would be 350.  Now my silver rating is 350 i am no longer in 15th place. Im in 27th on silver now but my gold account is still at 300 25th place on gold (this Doesn't increase since you should go up in rankings just by averaging due to rewards.)  A weird Solution that might not work all the time looking back at the latest pvp top 25's this would upset a lot of people in top 1-4 place.  People would think twice over "Is it worth it for me to go a higher rating on my silver account if my gold is just in 20th place?  Should i pvp more on gold?"  These questions will hopefully frighten people and make them do [Risk over Reward} thinking like should i go for first in silver?  or should i get a middle place with my average?
Downsides
People could just pvp more evenly to get around this to try to get the same rating on both servers.  This in turn gives them more chances to mess up and lose rating as well.
(would annoy people)

Overall-
I Do not think people should ever be punished for wanting to expand their account as i said above.  However i do see people getting annoy'ed seeing the same people getting top spots.  I dont think we should punish them but i do think we should at least make it more annoying / skill base to get top spots in both servers.   I wouldn't be suprised or even mad that they disallow people from doing this in the future as im mostly play on gold (i do play silver sometimes)  This would even help me in the future as getting a top spot would become easier.  But in the end ladders will look around the same as they do now.  The same top people domination their respective servers with maybe a few new people each season.

Thank you im going to sleep!

Oh yea -0 as i dont really mind either way.  people are probably going to debunk this post anyway.  HF g3n.

• Like 2

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif