PvP And the "latter" of it

G3n3r4l

1 hour ago, ELCAPI77 said:

image.png.10166f0b7aaa55bcef07620a528ca88c.png  

The same .. if instead of laughing at me you tried to improve your level of play, you would not have the problem of not being on the ladder. XD

dude i literally complimented you after that? speaking of ladder i have 2 times more ladder than you have anyways :thinking:

im sorry if you thought i was being disrespectful, i wasnt, i was just trying to point out that you have improved a lot over the last few seasons :< 

1851510552_SigII.png.23a63e13a9414839c3d3276e8743699d.png

If we dont allow players to ladder in both servers , the "good " players will be divided into 2 groups making the ladder even less competitive than it is rn . I honestly think that any player with some good pokemon knowledge and a decent team  can reach ladder after playing a lot games as it is rn . Also about the chance in ladder tour some say , i personally think that someone that cant make ladder rn wont go far in ladder tour anyways . I  dont really care what is decided cause i  lately dont go for double ladder , but as i said ladder will be a lot less competitive which isnt what we want 

Edited by Pispi13

13 minutes ago, Pispi13 said:

If we dont allow players to ladder in both servers , the "good " players will be divided into 2 groups making the ladder even less competitive than it is rn . I honestly think that any player with some good pokemon knowledge and a decent team  can reach ladder after playing a lot games as it is rn . Also about the chance in ladder tour some say , i personally think that someone that cant make ladder rn wont go far in ladder tour anyways . I  dont really care what is decided cause i  lately dont go for double ladder , but as i said ladder will be a lot less competitive which isnt what we want 

I believe it is meant to allow players play in ranked in both servers at the same time, but with the difference being that at the end of the season, they are allowed to reach the top 25 only in one server. If that's the case, I don't see how that would make the ladder less competitive as you'd still be allowed to get a high rating in ranked on the other server. If you were referring to the potential discouragement the implementation of this rule could bring to the same people who ladder on both servers for the extra rewards/prestige, I think you're wrong to some exten as I doubt it would discourage all of them to continue playing on both, but in case it would, I'd definitely welcome it as we need more diversity, instead of running into the same people in the q all the time

• Like 1

It's a "Cause and Effect" feature

Cause: you can only ladder on one server

Effect: if you can't make it, transfer and try laddering on the other server

I'm not saying to stop people from PvPing on both server, I'm saying to allow more people a chance on ladder

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

Okay okay okay, we've got a suggestion that can either make or break PRO PvP in a good or bad way. Very interesting. And you're a brave boy to suggest this one.

I honestly don't want to provide my own personal opinion on this.

Simply because I know that PvPers on PRO can be very... "sensitive" to changes.

So, I'll just quietly +1 this and move on.

Best of luck with your suggestion.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

Having only 25 "good" players that hog the top spots on both servers speaks for itself. I really never cared if people got 2 or even 3 accounts into the Top25 back in the day or if people like Pispi get 1 account on both servers onto Top25. Each their own, if the PvP communities on the servers are that small that 1 player can hold 2 spots then it is really on them. 

The "problem" isn't them, if you want a ladder spot, get good. If you want a competitive environment you want the best players to get the Top25 spots, regardless of how many spots they filled before. 

There are other problems that I could name like using alternative accounts (that is allowed thanks to Eaty) that are used to to "snipe" or just in general grief high-rated players due to the poor PvP activity at times (if nobody queues up, the game will put you against anyone who is in the queue currently). Guilds with their Q/G systems boosting themselves intentionally/unintentionally, screensharing your matches with your friends in VC & getting help, etc. All the stuff staff can't ban for, I wish we could have gotten rid of screensharing as a whole for the ladder PvP matches but lol 🙂 

The game should be innovative and not fall into stagnation. If you want some ideas:

• 1 PvP Ladder
  • You can play on both servers and get rating, swapping servers doesn't effect your rating
    • Good players might swap servers for "easier" games because gold might be less competitive, that thought many will have and it will balance itself out.
  • Cap it at Top 35, not Top50 anymore. I think Eaty would like that as well to get less stuff into the economy but maintaining some form of "rewards". 
  • No more "double rewards" through double servers etc. 
  • Less work for staff, initially it would require a decent bit of Dev work but that is literally any "bigger" change to system that have been in place since 2015

You can suggest stuff endlessly about "how" it should be or what needs to change but generally speaking a portion will never be happy. Especially PvP players are one of the worst offenders in that regards, they whine about everything and everyone. Not all of course but a decent chunk. 

• Like 2

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.