Random Battle Ladder Rewards?

Eaty

• Developer

Hello guys, we are currently working on random battles and expect them to be released in near future (might still take 1-2 months or longer, depends on how it goes).

With the random battles we will introduce a second ladder for it while the normal Ranked PvP ladder will (probably) change between OU and UU ladders.

With this laddering on more than one server will be prohibited. 

But we are also uncertain about random ladder rewards. We want them to be low compared to OU/UU as you don't need to invest time in hunting, buying, training and movesets.

That's why we would like to hear your opinions about it. Tell us what you think would be appropriated and please give us reasons for it!

• Like 10

Something visual would be nice. A colored name e.g.
Some clothes maybe for reaching the ladder once, 5 times, 10 times would be cool as well.
Smt like coins Id dislike

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

+1 , uu and random battle gonna make pvp more funny. i think rewards can be 100 pvp less than ou cause like u said , its more easy laddering cause u dont need to farm or train anyhting. But for my opinion , u could add uber pvp too, so funny too, and many pokes like ninja ash ,blaziken, traper wobufet ,legends like darkrai solgaleo, and  more , could be usefull again, and gonna growth up the economy again. 

• Like 3

Random battles really promote the idea of not knowing what to play and how to play, because you just don't know. This i think is a good thing because then it lets players practise with different styles and develop more adaptation. to simply not play the same team.

I like the idea alot

Rewards i think should be about the same as normal ladder, maybe a bit nerfed in comparison for it though

The one thing i am thinking about though, would rating for this ladder also contribute to guild ladder. As doing this would then promote guilds to have users who are good in both randoms and normal in order to get the most rating

• Like 7

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

1 hour ago, Eaty said:

But we are also uncertain about random ladder rewards. We want them to be low compared to OU/UU as you don't need to invest time in hunting, buying, training and movesets.

That's why we would like to hear your opinions about it. Tell us what you think would be appropriated and please give us reasons for it!

Personally we shouldn't make it to much as to keep the main format from taking to much of a hit, id suggest just a special trophy (like those from top guilds/top ladder) players beside's their name in chat and maybe exclusive mounts for top players.  Or maybe just exclusive cosmetics / hats to lure people in it.

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif

normal Ranked PvP ladder will (probably) change between OU and UU ladders.

Please don't. I am not fully against having UU, but rotating OU mon out would just left some huge threat that wasn't overused because it was threaten by said tier. This, however, is solved by having a council that would dismiss pokemon that would make UU metagame unhealthy by creating a banlist, known as UUBL. 
The funny thing is, I've witness how powerless PRO council has been with my own eyes. It couldn't function properly at the moment, considering a decision was still left hanging for 6 months. 

Then having both queues at the same time? I think it's a bad idea since it's scatter current playerbase, and working on ladder tourney/ rewards would be another pain in the neck.

About random battle? I'm down for the lulz let's ducking go. 

Edited by touhoukhoa

• Developer
1 minute ago, touhoukhoa said:

Please don't. I am not fully against having UU, but rotating OU mon out would just left some huge threat that wasn't overused because it was threaten by said tier. This, however, is solved by having a council that would dismiss pokemon that would make UU metagame unhealthy by creating a banlist, known as UUBL. 
The funny thing is, I've witness how powerless PRO council has been with my own eyes. It couldn't function properly at the moment, considering a decision was still left hanging for 6 months. 

Then having both queues at the same time? I think it's a bad idea since it's scatter current playerbase, and working on ladder tourney/ rewards would be another pain in the neck.

Hey, this topic is about random ladder rewards and I am looking for reasonable suggestions as I am absolutely not sure how to handle them.

If you have complains/concerns about the whole concepts, please create a separate topic to discuss it.

2 minutes ago, navneeth said:

PvP berries would be something cool to be added in the reward list 

defintely +1 to berries, there's no reliable way to consistently get them, this would be a great addition

And also some other pvp items that you can't buy yet (understandably they're not coded, but if they are add them) and overall just some other items for pvp

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

40 minutes ago, Eaty said:

Hello guys, we are currently working on random battles and expect them to be released in near future (might still take 1-2 months or longer, depends on how it goes).

With the random battles we will introduce a second ladder for it while the normal Ranked PvP ladder will (probably) change between OU and UU ladders.

With this laddering on more than one server will be prohibited. 

In my opinion the Random ladder should be implemented without rewards for a short time, to see if it works ok ,and what does it cause in the game.
There are many multiples options for the rewards, but i think a good option could be like the new NPC that gives u prizes for pvp missions, as winning 5 in a week, or reach 100 rating.  So the rewards could will not be exaggerated and people will not abuse this way to farms coins or rewards. And for the top 25 ladders, the total of pvp coins should be 20% of the normal OU ladder, cause u dont expend time or money trying to get decents pokes for pvp, or expending in the movesets or rerolls.

As someone mentioned before, getting berrys would be great to, but not for each battle, maybe getting 1 berry after 2 wins or something like that

And about the rotating between OU and UU, i think is a bad idea, not only for the pokes, i think many would stop pvpeing when the UU arrives for the ladder and the queue will be longer, so i think should be implemented separated from the OU ladder.

Edited by Hikou
  • Like 2