Random Battle Ladder Rewards?

Eaty

I think just cutting the rewards in half for Random Battles is a good solution since PvP Coins are the reward PvPers are looking for and half the coins are rather balanced because receiving rewards from being ladder on both servers wont be a thing much longer after Random Battles get introduced.

Random Ladder players get half reward as normal OU ladder.

And how about random battle tournament to offer more exciting challenge to player who makes to the top 25, end of each season.

The schedule may clash with the OU ladder tournament but somehow we can make it happen to give players that cant reach the top OU ladder, a chance to win a tournament pokemon.

Edited by Hannan12

Hnnn#5949

More seriously, you have to know when a player can start a random battle, unlike the current ladder where you have to farm and buy the pokemons you want to play. Will it be from the 4th arena as for trades which would be a bit quick for my taste. Do we have to allow it from johto or be able to launch battles only in a building of sinnoh only for example. For the rewards I think it should be stepwise. 100/200/300 rating but nothing more. 

• Like 2

Players in random battle don t deserve any pvp coins. As it said in title it s random  so i see none reasons to give PvP coins thanks to Rng in PvP. You can give some cosmetics untradable or funny nickname, not more.

I explain you why i m against pvp coins rewards :

-  RNG is an important part of the game in PRO, especially in PvP. So i don t understand why people can be rewarded thanks to RNG in PvP. In OU battle, there are RNG in each match. Guys who win thanks to RNG don t have special reward, just one pvp coin in PRO for the win. And i think we don t need more. Pokemon is RNG based. Each season, some players failed OU ladder because of RNG (crit, freeze,para) against 1 rating player. It s Pokemon.

- player profiles of random ladder :

1. Lucky guys

2. Spammers. I m not in favour to reward guys who makes 500+ games

Edited by ennemipublic
More explanations

I like the random pvp I think it's gonna be fun.. But I disagree with the reward system it's not worth it.. Maybe give the #1 rank a reward like 150  pvp... But beside that should just be about bragging rights I mean also give #1 a logo ingame yknow like the ladder #1 when he type on chat he got a crown next to his name.. This is more than enough.. 

240b2750d65bf90cb32b77669e896d0e.gif

In Addition to Random Battles in PRO, it would promote players who don't have a PvP team yet to participate. And it would increase the overall amount of guilds/players that are playing. Random battles are a much better option for PvP. Since you don't need to spend hours upon hours to get the right pokes with the correct stats to overpower the current meta. A good solution for the rewards given to random battle ladder players should stay the same as PvP. But you would get half of what you get from PVP to compensate for it.

Why does there have to be a ladder/ladder rewards in the first place? 

Go with the idea of rewards based on activeness, meaning "quest/task" based rewards. 
Could split them into "daily, weekly and monthly" tasks and/or streaks. 

Daily

• Play 3 random battles (Reward: 1 PvP coin + 5 Ultra Balls)
  • Win 1 random battle (Reward: 2 whatever the things are called that fully heal you, the green things)
  • Gain 50 cumulative rating (Reward: 2 PvP coins)

Weekly

• Play 15 random battles 
  • Win 7 random battles
  • Gain 200 cumulative rating

Monthly

• Gain over 200 rating
  • Gain over 300 rating
  • Gain over 400 rating
  • Gain over 500 rating

Streaks

• Do the daily task 14 days in a row to get X reward
  • Do the weekly task twice in a row to get X reward

People suggestion "just" 100 less PvP coins than the current system, special clothes or even anything close to the current system or let alone special mounts, nametags etc are completely missing the point. Random battles are for some quick non-thinking fun, without any time investment prior and should be for everyone. Hell it should be unlocked with 0 badges. 

You want to attract people to play the game, which is pretty evident, so you shouldn't restrict them in anyway. Make random battles available at 0 badges, 0 hours (they can't do anything with rewards till they reached 4 badges anyway). 

Also: "With this laddering on more than one server will be prohibited."
Laddering = playing ranked, you really gonna prohibited that? 

Innovation over stagnation, ladders are an old system and will result in the same struggles the current one has lol

Edited by PreHax
  • Like 8

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

4 minutes ago, PreHax said:

You want to attract people to play the game, which is pretty evident, so you shouldn't restrict them in anyway. Make random battles available at 0 badges, 0 hours (they can't do anything with rewards till they reached 4 badges anyway).  

Everything else is interesting but I'm not going to lie to you as a person with 8 characters on the game I just see 1 more way of abuse, I will do the daily rewards on each of my accounts

8 minutes ago, MaitrePoulpe said:

Everything else is interesting but I'm not going to lie to you as a person with 8 characters on the game I just see 1 more way of abuse, I will do the daily rewards on each of my accounts

More power to you, if you have the time to do 24 matches for, lets check, 8 PvP coins (rewards based on my suggestion), then sure lmfao. 

You aren't the target audience but could just solve this problem oh wait following PvP rules aka 2 accounts in PvP. 

Edited by PreHax

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.