Storage of boxes by categories

Cosanostra

I purpose to store pokemons with differents categories.

For example, players can create differents  categories :

- PvP Pokemon,

- Boss

- Reporter

- Shiny and event

Each player can store their boxes as he wish.

I really think it can be done.

Best regards,

Cosanostra, best friend of Walross (he will understand)

3 minutes ago, 666G0D999 said:

When will we finally get it though? It's been years.

Its status is the highest possible right now on their to-do list. Have been for awhile too.

There is no exact ETA, and other things is taking higher priority right now.

There is also the custom region Astrella which looks to be close to being released, which the devs most likely is having their full focus on.

But for now, the top priority would be to ensure that they get a stable client, to prevent further server crashes from occurring.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

Su estado es el más alto posible en este momento en su lista de tareas pendientes. También lo ha sido por un tiempo.

No hay una ETA exacta, y otras cosas están tomando mayor prioridad en este momento.

También está la región personalizada Astrella, que parece estar cerca de ser lanzada, en la que los desarrolladores probablemente estén enfocados por completo.

Pero por ahora, la máxima prioridad sería garantizar que obtengan un cliente estable, para evitar que se produzcan más caídas del servidor.

Nice 

IMG_0209.gif.0ec24d2ac7779e4d4b59d5c9005fe104.gif

Click on picture shop of limit

43 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

Its status is the highest possible right now on their to-do list. Have been for awhile too.

There is no exact ETA, and other things is taking higher priority right now.

There is also the custom region Astrella which looks to be close to being released, which the devs most likely is having their full focus on.

But for now, the top priority would be to ensure that they get a stable client, to prevent further server crashes from occurring.

I doubt it's the highest possible. Astrella, Orange Islands and Unova have been announced years ago too. I get that custom regions and regions in general take a long time, the PC storage shouldn't be that hard to implement though. I hope it comes with the new client.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 666G0D999 said:

I doubt it's the highest possible. Astrella, Orange Islands and Unova have been announced years ago too. I get that custom regions and regions in general take a long time, the PC storage shouldn't be that hard to implement though. I hope it comes with the new client.

Well if it shouldn't be hard to do, it would've been done. so clearly, it's harder then you think it is. That, or it's just a much bigger project than expected, so it's taking longer to do

But i do like the idea of these pokes cosa, for simplified sorting

Edited by g3n3r4l

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

51 minutes ago, g3n3r4l said:

Well if it shouldn't be hard to do, it would've been done. so clearly, it's harder then you think it is. That, or it's just a much bigger project than expected, so it's taking longer to do

But i do like the idea of these pokes cosa, for simplified sorting

That's not necessarily true. Maybe they just keep neglecting it. I remember 1-2 Years ago they updated PC Storage, it was even worse before. I don't know about the sorting, but adding a basic check box to delete multiple pokemon is definitely not a hard thing to add.

Please don't see this as complaining, because I'm not.

Edited by 666G0D999

29 minutes ago, 666G0D999 said:

That's not necessarily true. Maybe they just keep neglecting it. I remember 1-2 Years ago they updated PC Storage, it was even worse before. I don't know about the sorting, but adding a basic check box to delete multiple pokemon is definitely not a hard thing to add.

The following comment is souly based off what I've heard from other developers on PRO from comments on similiar topics, and from my personal experiences being a hobby coder.

Just changing the GUI a tiny bit is not as easy as people would have it to be.

Developers would need to draw whatever the artists create into the existing GUI, thereafter code the actual feature/function.

And hope that it all turns out as it should, without causing issues elsewhere.

With the code being all spaghetti right now from the developers taking over from the previous developer, I've heard that they're changing/converting large chunks of code each day.

And to begin messing with unstable and or unfamiliar code, with different coding languages involved is a dangerous path to tread on.

Just the slighest mistakes can cause issues elsewhere in the code or in the worst case, crash the server over time.

My personal opinion on why they still have not implemented this.

If they still haven't changed that part of the code, its only natural that they would leave it alone for the time being.

But if they have changed it and are familiar with it, there must be other more important issues/tasks that takes priority right now, unfortunately.

Well, to confirm this and hopefully get it resolved, let me tag @Shaolan and @Eaty. Why? Because they are cool, in a cool way. :SquirtleSquad:

I am sure they or someone else on the dev team can confirm whether or not this is a correct.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

• Developer
6 hours ago, 666G0D999 said:

Changing the PC storage is one of the most requested feature in Discord, in-game and Forum. Adding a single filter is not much of a problem but that won't help much. To add many features users requested require a whole rework of the PC storage, server- and client-sided.

It's definitely do-able but not as easy as it might sound at first. Adding boxes and make it possible to put your Pokemon wherever you want without auto-sorting is tedious to do but possible. Changing the GUI for that is surely a bit work but that's mainly cause I am not used to this work.

The main problem for the PC storage rework is a new filter system. Adding a single filter is easily do-able but users want all different kind of filters. We could add them one by one and overload the GUI with filters but even then there would be more requests. That's why we decided to make a filter similar to Discords where you can filter for pretty much everything and that's hard to do server- and client-sided.

We will definitely get back to the PC storage rework but we have many projects at the same time, so please bear with us.

• Like 1