No loss of happiness for pvp battles

Citizenpete

Hi,

I'd like to suggest to add a NPC who can raise happiness of pokemon level 100 only, for money of course.

I find it hard to raise happiness to pokemon level 100 already.

No other solution except to hold soothe bell and fight low levels pokemon. Or using ev reducing berries, but that means to train again the reduced stats...

Maybe like in Sinnoh, or any advanced map?

I've played a game where you could get a massage for pokemon, that raise directly to max happiness. 

So maybe not raise full happiness at once, but maybe paying per happiness points.

Maybe 1k for 10 pts?

-1 from me.

PRO is suppose to be grindy in every aspect, and that applies to raising happiness too imo.

Regardless if its a level 100 or not. Grinding for happiness is a part of what makes PRO differ from other games.

If you are that lazy... that you would resort to pay money for max happiness, then idk what kind of games you've played in the past.

But I can agree that it is frustrating to raise the happiness of a level 100 Pokemon,..

HOWEVER, it just takes 30 more minutes of your life. Honestly, and that's nothing in comparrison to other grindy aspects of PRO (i.e spawn rates of a tier 9 hunt) or a WQ.

The grind is eternal and that's what makes PRO differ from other Pokemon MMO games.

The only thing I can see this as, is a decent-money drain, but then it would be something that costs 50k+, otherwise this would be completely pointless.

And to have a NPC stationed in every dock city (Vermillion City, Olivine City, Lilicove City, Canalave City, etc)

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

Don't get nasty by saying I'm lazy. You can have your opinion. But you can also stay nice...

It's not a point of being lazy, but in the team u got 6 pokemon. So 30mns x6, is already 3h. Not everyone got this time to have full happiness everywhere...

I think it should be for only players who have finished all regions, not in all harbor cities. This is is why I said about a specific spot far from kanto.

And of course, that would cost money!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CitizenPete said:

Don't get nasty by saying I'm lazy. You can have your opinion. But you can also stay nice...

I don't ever recall calling you for lazy, nor being nasty towards you.

Just simply pointed out that if someone want to use such methods, then that would be in fact indicate someone as "being lazy".

I phrased it in such a way that it would refer to the person using such method. Sorry if you misunderstood my intentions.

And, by "[...] then idk what kind of games you've played in the past." would refer to you personally, since grinding is a part of any games.

Which is why I questioned your decision. Nothing to get upset over imo.

For future reference, just report my post and don't provoke or try to start a flame war by being intimidating back.

If I was someone else, I might have taken this as a provocation.

But, I am not a bad person.

If you want evidence, see my comments on other suggestions and then re-evaluate your impression of me.

I have not once not given out contructive feedback to someone else's suggestion, nor just -1 without a good reason.

Constructive feedback is a way to improve and see how a suggestion can sway both ways, even if I give it a +1.

Now, to respond to your arguments.

14 minutes ago, CitizenPete said:

but in the team u got 6 pokemon. So 30mns x6, is already 3h. Not everyone got this time to have full happiness everywhere...

Then you can portion this out. You're not limited to doing everything in one day and its a excellent reason to come back to play tomorrow.

Many as you say don't have the "time". But that doesn't mean one can shorten this, by removing a entire grind portion of the game.

I think that its a great way for PRO to make it grindy, so one can return the next day to either complete or continue the grind.

Regardless if its 6 Pokemon or 600. Money can't buy you everything, just like in real life.

21 minutes ago, CitizenPete said:

I think it should be for only players who have finished all regions, not in all harbor cities. This is is why I said about a specific spot far from kanto.

And of course, that would cost money!!!

You can set requirements for interacting with a NPC, so unless you have all badges, the NPC won't offer the service.

And you would want players to be able to access it from any region, just like with Psychic Marina (Reroll IVs or Nature for Legendaries).

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

You don't deserve to be reported^^

We might have misunderstood each other, but no way i tried to flame you.

I read your arguments, and understand some of them. I also disagree, but that is life^^

Thanks for sharing anyway 🙂

ps : the game i played was a rpgmaker game, not a MMO

Edited by CitizenPete

• Developer

Hm, theoretically, I wouldn't mind a pseuedo salon with a cooldown to raise Pokemon's happiness for a small fee.

Right now, they are only used for Dig, Dive and Headbutt as far as I am aware.

I might also deactivate losing/winning happiness from PvP battles so moves such as Return work as intended and are usable without any problems.

• Developer
4 minutes ago, CitizenPete said:

That would be the solution for pvp fights, and technically that would be the only reason i would want this to happen.

Level back the rock smasher for love island is nothing, also for dig and headbutt!

If your suggestion was only to avoid gaining/losing happiness in PvP battles then please rename your suggestion title so I can mark it as implemented.

Starting next server version update you won't gain/lose happiness in all PvP battles (ranked, unranked, friendly) anymore.

• Like 2

• Citizenpete changed the title to No loss of happiness for pvp battles