Megastones Third Wave Guide (Draft in Process!)

Bhimoso

1 hour ago, OblivionWingNSK said:

for medicham
1. go to mt pyre exterior top left corner of the map
2. speak with Brawly standing with his medicham
3. speak to John who will then scam you for buying a fake medichamite
4. follow them to mt pyre summit
5. Brawly will compensate for your lost by giving you a medichamite. However, his medicham will intervene, requesting a battle so you can earn it's trust
6. ev train, get a good nature a fresh medicham and battle him to obtain the stone
Adding more details to whole story side of things

only evs, not need lvl ?

This is what I have for Mega Pidgeot, if anyone can fill in blanks (like the requirements for the Pidgey in regards to nature/iv's, or if Blue has even more mons possible for his team), please do:

In Viridian City, cut the tree on the top left and go through until you see the flying type lover, somewhere far left. Beat him and his lv. 10 pokemon, talk to him again after the battle, he will then ask to show you how a real pokemon master trains a Pidgey.

Catch a good pidgey (not sure how many iv's are required since mine has 154) and show it to him, then train it up to a high level with maxed ev's.

Mine was level 98 with ev's in speed and sp.atk (and choice scarf to outspeed him). His Pidgeot will be level 80 and physical. You can only have this Pidgey in your team for this battle. As far as I know, you cannot evolve your Pidgey for this, but if anyone can contradict this with proof, please do.

After winning, you have to go to Indigo Plateau (past victory road, right building) and talk to Blue. Show him the Pidgey and battle him (you can use your full team here). His line-up will be randomly selected from Gyarados, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Machamp and Arcanine (and possibly others, I only fought him twice), his last one will always be Mega Pidgeot. The order of his mons will be random except Pidgeot and from what I saw they all have Life Orbs. If you lose, there is NO cooldown.

After winning, go back to Viridian City and talk to the Flying Type Lover and show him the Pidgey once more. Then you finally get the stone

ps: Mega Sharpedo is missing from your list.

Edited by CassieCinders

To get mega stone for sharpedo and camerupt you need to go to slateport and talk to charlene and participate in hoenn

festival. You can only bring 3 pokemons ( one that knows surf / one that knows rock smash and one thats resistant to fire). You need those pokemons to finish 1st place in the trials:

!st trial is rock  smashing (mine was haxorus)

2nd is for resisting fire (mine was flash fire ninetales)

3rd surf pokemon for surf race( you can use your surf mount) 

i would advise to take strong pokemons since u will battle lvl 84-86 trainers during the surf race.

Once you won all the trials and took 1st place overall you will get both mega stones as a reward .

If you lose the trials there is once per in game day cooldwon which means once its 00:01 you can try again if you lost.

Screenshot_6.png.5c3ae9218a814ccdfec17df57c0af978.png

Edited by Grabarz23
grabarz23_signature.png.2630fa5fcbd89da686f0b38295b08cf4.png

Regarding the Alakazite quest, the Alakazam in Mt. Coronet Summit gives you options on how to finish the quest, obviously easiest and fastest would be to battle it, but just in case anyone decided to be nice and picked "Compassion" like me (or if you misclicked and choose "Compassion" by accident XD), then Alakazam will ask you to travel to some locations. READ THE DIALOGUE, it tells you where to go.

The locations you have to go to are decided randomly, but don't worry, because again, the dialogue will tell you where to go next, these are the ones I know:

- Abra in front of Granite Cave, Hoenn (give it a Twistedspoon)
- Abra in Route 205 (bring a pokemon with Spore, other sleep move like Hypnosis and Sleep Powder should work too)

- Kadabra in Floaroma Town (the clue is "flower meadow in sinnoh"), it's near the entrance to the lower side of Floaroma Meadow (bring a pokemon with the move Brick Break)
- Kadabra in Hearthome City (the clue is "bustling heart of sinnoh"), it's inbetween two fountain, near Psychic Yukki NPC (bring a pokemon that knows the move Trick)

- Alakazam in Sunnyshore City (the clue is "solar-powered city in sinnoh"), it's in front of the lighthouse (bring a pokemon with high SpAtk stat, I used Keldeo)

There might be other locations as well. I think you will be asked to visit exactly one Abra, one Kadabra, and one Alakazam.
Once the dialogue says you are shown a vision of Mt. Coronet Summit again, return to the Alakazam there and it will give you Alakazite.

The other options Alakazam gave (knowledge and power) might have their own questline as well, anyone here brave enough to pick one of those two instead of simply battling it? XD

Edited by Starlight