Megastones Third Wave Guide (Draft in Process!)

Bhimoso

I understood how the first trial works, you need a pokemon with more than 135 attack bases that can learn rock smash (done with conkel)

Second trial, i finished first place with magcargo level 38 with armormagma

On 4/10/2021 at 2:38 PM, Bhimoso said:

Mega Pinsir

Pinsir's Megastone can be obtained through winning in the Bug Catching Contest. Unconfirmed if it's just winning once or three times like Beedrill's and Herracross' Megastones.

I just got the stone today, forgot to screenshot, but the judge NPC does say "oh, you've won three times", so it's indeed three times like Beedrill and Heracross mega stone.

For Manectric Quest, i used Metagross with Choice Band as item. I have finished the race in 118s (sadly i forgot capturing the screen in joy winning the race 😞 )

*Nature: Adamant

*Move set:

- Rock slide for Shedinja, Shuckle (1 hit if full trained EVs on atk)

- Earthquake for Blissey (1 hit) ; Steelix (2 hits)

- Bullet Punch for Ninjask, Alakazam ( 1 hit)

- Zen headbutt for Heracross (1 hit and hope it not miss because Heracros will attack with Pin Missle. That takes a lot of time)

*Dont use Mega Metagross. The graphic when transforming takes very much time. 

*Must have Rock smash tool and Cut tool. 

*You MUST avoide 4 NPCs to minimumize the time racing. 3 first NPCs and the swimming NPC can be surpass without fighting.

Edited by quangdtq

On 4/10/2021 at 7:19 PM, CassieCinders said:

This is what I have for Mega Pidgeot, if anyone can fill in blanks (like the requirements for the Pidgey in regards to nature/iv's, or if Blue has even more mons possible for his team), please do:

In Viridian City, cut the tree on the top left and go through until you see the flying type lover, somewhere far left. Beat him and his lv. 10 pokemon, talk to him again after the battle, he will then ask to show you how a real pokemon master trains a Pidgey.

Catch a good pidgey (not sure how many iv's are required since mine has 154) and show it to him, then train it up to a high level with maxed ev's.

Mine was level 98 with ev's in speed and sp.atk (and choice scarf to outspeed him). His Pidgeot will be level 80 and physical. You can only have this Pidgey in your team for this battle. As far as I know, you cannot evolve your Pidgey for this, but if anyone can contradict this with proof, please do.

After winning, you have to go to Indigo Plateau (past victory road, right building) and talk to Blue. Show him the Pidgey and battle him (you can use your full team here). His line-up will be randomly selected from Gyarados, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Machamp and Arcanine (and possibly others, I only fought him twice), his last one will always be Mega Pidgeot. The order of his mons will be random except Pidgeot and from what I saw they all have Life Orbs. If you lose, there is NO cooldown.

After winning, go back to Viridian City and talk to the Flying Type Lover and show him the Pidgey once more. Then you finally get the stone

ps: Mega Sharpedo is missing from your list.

I do have pidgey with 97 lv and full EVs trained. No nature. and NPC said that it is too much train (which mean it is not suitable). What nature do u get to him? My IV is good too