Taking Long Break due to Unrealistic Spawn Rates and Event Form Chances.

Sk8trgod618

Dude, take a break and relax. PRO is not a job and it's obviously a bit unforgiving with sync rates and low encounter rates, but it's not super punishing nor p2w either. RNG is dumb, and putting more hours into the game does not necessarily mean you will get more epic pokemon for granted, it's completely luck-based. Yesterday I was raging extremely hard in discord because I was doing the Manectric Megaquest for my forum guide and I kept failing it nonstop.

I went onto the grass and I get an encounter. Tier 8 encounter, Shiny Manectric. Did I deserve it? No. I just found it randomly in a single encounter. No repel, just walking back to the quest place. Some spend months repel hunting shiny Electrike. I just got it randomly in 5 minutes. These things unfortunately happen. I've also got 31 31 shiny Geodude, almost 28+ pokemon from random encounters and I just felt bored and captured them. PRO is a luck based MMORPG with some skill elements to it, but when it comes to hunting, it's purely luck based. Even in the long term hunting, it does not mean you will capture a 20+ PvP pokemon you've been looking for weeks. Money barely changes anything in PRO, you can get increased HA chance, money gain on fights and experience. The tools are just an extra utility. The only real advantage you can use by paying is the increased HA chance, which does not affect event skins nor rare spawns in any way.

I hope you can take some time off, relax and come back to hunt in PRO :) 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

5 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

so getting money is p2w, or being a veteran player. I'm not sure if i'm seeing it right, but would the solution to that problem be that old players should stop playing? It's not really their fault if they amassed a good amount of wealth throughout their playtime, they played before you, and got money while you didn't, and therefore have that money. And, i was a new player once, now i can do pvp and have a plethora of pokemon to choose from. But over time, many can amass large sums of money. Direct calculations for bosses in one month are as follows, X being the amount of money total.

X = (20 000 -> 40 000) * 20 * 4

X = 1.6*10^6 -> 3.2*10^6

So anywhere from 1.6m, too 3.2m every month from bosses alone

Feel free to look and compare the statistics of the most in game money, along with in game hours, and you can also use reborn to check the players ratings, to check and see how many of the players that are on top of those lists are hunters compared to pvpers, all this info is available on the Dashboard. but overall, the whole game relies on luck as it is. there's minimal amounts of math behind any it, it's all chance, so yea new players could get luckier than old players, i personally have found no rare shinies, and only got my first event forms during the 2020 christmas event (2018 start for reference) so yea i do understand getting unlucky, and can see where you're coming from.

Also i do not see how that ferroseed is a fail by the way @B0t that is overall just a godly 26+ ferroseed.

I don’t ask for old players to stop to play. But that’s a bid boring : They are in this game like Elon Musk... And I’m a big fan of Elon ^^.

But that they have a control of the game, sometime with some disrespect.

I hate people who PM me with million dollars like « Give me I can pay million. »

Please no...

You know, in real life I have money... But it don’t make me disrespectfull. So, how can you lost your respect for virtual money ?

I swear, some people are not friendly : Nothing like « Hello » just « Gimme I can pay slurp slurp »

But no problem ^^ I’m only here to have fun. I keep my try hard brain for another game.

I just dream about a PRO with more fun for all players : PVP / Hunter / Story 

5 hours ago, KenzoThePug said:

You know, in real life I have money... But it don’t make me disrespectfull. So, how can you lost your respect for virtual money ?

some people aren't respectful with real money and/or in game money, soooo

sure not all people are, but some are the same.

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

23 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

Also i do not see how that ferroseed is a fail by the way

Look at the ability after he trained it lv100 and evolved it, it evolves into Anticipation Ferrothorn XD
Ferroseed can only have Iron Barbs, so you don't know whether you got the H.A. (which is unlucky in this case) or not until you evolve it

17 hours ago, Bhimoso said:

Even in the long term hunting, it does not mean you will capture a 20+ PvP pokemon you've been looking for weeks.

Just want to point out, I'm very sure that's exactly what @sk8trgod618 is having an issue with.

Edited by Starlight

2 hours ago, Starlight said:

Ferroseed can only have Iron Barbs, so you don't know whether you got the H.A. (which is unlucky in this case) or not until you evolve it

oh yea, didnt notice the same ID

20 hours ago, Bhimoso said:

Even in the long term hunting, it does not mean you will capture a 20+ PvP pokemon you've been looking for weeks.

yes but Mr. Moso this here took me about 4 days of nonstop hunting constant farming in game all the time, to get, which proves that this statement is flawed.

2020-11-16.png

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

On 4/10/2021 at 9:01 PM, sk8trgod618 said:

This might be it. I might not ever log into the game again. I see no reason to play when the only outcome of me hunting for event forms every event is always me never finding anything, even if I catch 500+ of that species. EVERY DAMN TIME that I get excited for ANYTHING in this game, that excitement quickly changes into all of the negative emotions because of how impossible the rates are. Hunting in this game has never been friendly, and never will be.

That's RNG for you. Sometimes it can be rough, other times it can be forgiving. It could take any hunter, having an equal chance, 10 to 1,000 encounters or even more of that specific Pokemon before finding an event form. What Pokemon were you even trying to hunt, and where were you hunting? I wouldn't say that the rates are impossible, they're definitely possible, especially if you hunt at the event maps, as most of the Pokemon that spawn there all have special forms. Spawning an high tier event Pokemon however is of course going to be much more difficult, and I don't understand your reasoning for thinking hunting these should be more friendly.

Spawn rates in this game seem to be made with robot-hunters in mind, not human-hunters. We are human, not robots.

Staff wonders why people bot in the first place and it's because people hunt for 2+ hours and can't find the target species. They catch 500+ bagon and 0 epic, let alone event form.

I don't think the Spawn Editors had this in mind when they were putting in the spawns, but alright, let's say they did. You don't have to hunt as if you're a robot. Take a break, go outside. If you spend hours simply hunting, it's obvious you'll burn out quickly.

Botting is a different issue, I believe everyone has their own reasons for botting, either because they don't have time to hunt, are lazy, or something entirely different, but that's not the point of this post. The spawn rate isn't crazy impossible, I need to hunt for 2+ hours straight for high tier Pokemon.

Please do show me a screenshot of someone hunting for 2+ hours and not encountering the target Pokemon. I would love to see that and i'm sorry, but the argument ,"They catch 500+ bagon and 0 epic, let alone event form" does not make sense. You're blaming RNG, something that cannot be controlled, for not catching an epic Pokemon or event form.

The Spawns are going back to how they were before hoenn reworked them. Tier 8 are going to take 500 encounters to find 1 and tier 9 will take 1000 to find one. Have fun with that, everyone. I'll go play a game that doesn't waste hundreds of hours of my playtime literally rewarding me with "Nothing".

The only thing that can get me to log into this game ever again would be a Major Spawn Rework to make EVERY hunt more human friendly, and to make Event Form Chances more human friendly. Especially the form chances of higher tier Pokemon. LOL Like that's ever going to happen. KEKW!

How were they before Hoenn reworked them? Show me an example. Also, you said, "Tier 8 are going to take 500 encounters to find 1 and tier 9 will take 1000 to find one." Are you implying that they're going to take that many encounters in the future, cause tier 8's definitely don't need that many encounters to spawn one atm, and we don't need to talk about needing to encounter 1000 Pokemon before finding a tier 9. Again, that's RNG. You can't expect to spend hours in an activity that relies heavily on RNG to get epic IVs or even decent Pokemon. It could take anyone as little as 1 hour, or even 10 hours or more to find something good.

High tier Pokemon should stay high tier, there's no issue with it right now. The point of high tier mons is that they are supposed to be rare. Making them easier to hunt is a big no from me. You can suggest a spawn change here, but personally I don't like for high tiers to generally be easier to hunt. Check this thread out, made by PreHax, before you suggest anything: How to identify a good or bad spawn & how to give proper feedback. There's also quite a bit of information you can use in that thread that will help in your post. I can see spawn reworks happening, as long as they make sense and are balanced.

Also, I don't understand why you keep using the term human friendly here in your post. I think the word that's supposed to be used here is easy, because that's what you want right? 

To me, this game will now forever be known as "Carrot-On-A-Stick Online".

I used to be more passionate about this game than I was about any other game. But this game broke me. This game shattered something inside me that can't be repaired. It's forever lost. It stripped me of any emotion I had in the game. All that's left is empty nothingness. An endless abyssal void where the Pokemon you're hunting for never appear.

Your analogy, "Carrot-On-A-Stick Online" does not make sense. If the carrot is the epic Pokemon/event form Pokemon, then what's the stick? You're in no way forced to hunt and get an epic Pokemon, you can take your time and hunt at your own pace. There's no punishment if you don't find an epic Pokemon, so please don't say that.

I could go on and on about how RNG is heavily the deciding factor for encountering a rare epic Pokemon, but i've already said that numerous times, so i'm sure at this point you'll understand my points. 

I hope you all can eventually catch your carrots. I'll never catch mine. In fact, I don't even want your damn carrot anymore!

This is very sad for me. But other games have carrots too, and the cool thing is, these other games might let me ACTUALLY ACQUIRE MY CARROT if I work hard enough! Hard Work in PRO means nothing unless it's money.

PRO is P2W btw. You can't change my mind.

Enough rambling. GLHF! ♥

Sorry you had to feel this way, I'm here to try and help and explain everything to you, but to say PRO is P2W? That's unnecessary. I'll give you some examples of P2W games, so you can compare this with PRO. This is sort of going off-topic with the main idea of the thread, so I'll put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler

Lost Saga

Lost Saga is a F2P 3D fighting game. You use different heroes, or characters to battle other players. Sounds fun right? It is, if you didn't have to pay to use heroes. Every hero has a time limit for how long you can use them. Once the timer reaches 0, you can't use them anymore and will have to buy them using irl money. Sure, the game gives you multiple free heroes at the start of the game and throughout your playthrough, but none of them are permanent. You can still get permanent heroes that don't expire via events, but the main way to get them is by purchasing them with irl money. That's only scratching the surface however, as there are many other mechanics that are P2W in this game, such as gear, enchants, and keys. The P2W aspect is so bad that paying players will have a huge advantage when going up against F2P players.

Archeage

Archeage is a F2P fantasy MMORPG, where you are free to do whatever you like, trading, building, fishing, PVE/PVP content, etc. The game offered huge packages that provided unfair advantages to those who did not pay or buy these packages. Labor points, which are energy points of Archeage, were basically required to do almost any action in this game. Everyone can refill their labor points by staying online in-game, which restricted a lot of gameplay. To solve this, the developers implemented something called Apex, which was a monthly subscription that allowed players to get more gold and acquire labor points while they were offline. This provided such a huge advantage to P2W players, that at one point the developers had to merge their servers because there was simply too little people playing due to the bundles, Apex system, and unfair P2W advantage.

After reading the above spoiler, you can really tell the difference between spending money to buy CC's or any other money-making item from the coin shop in PRO to sell and make money if you compare them with other P2W games. PRO is not a P2W game.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:26 PM, sk8trgod618 said:

My opinion is that certain players are locked out from ever finding a certain target pokemon above a certain threshold of ivs with right nature and ability. This pokemon is impossible to find for these players even if they hunt for 8 hours a day every day for a year.

I'll be glad to say that your opinion that certain players are locked out from ever finding a certain target pokemon above a certain threshold of ivs with right nature and ability is false. RNG isn't nice, and I can tell you don't like how RNG works. It's not impossible to find, they are simply very rare to find.

Saying 8 hours a day for a year is quite vague. You could, just as an example, get 50 encounters throughout the whole 8 hours one day, and get 100 encounters the other 8 hours the next day. My point is that you can't properly measure how rare a Pokemon is just by telling us how long you've hunted it for. For all we know, that 8 hour hunting time could have been cut a lot by taking a break, chatting in the in-game chat/Discord, checking other tabs, etc. Tell us how many encounters you've had in total. This is a much more reliable way to compare spawn rates. With all due respect, numbers do mean everything, but if you blurt out random numbers with no proof or evidence of getting those numbers like how you did multiple times in your post, then those numbers simply don't mean anything and have no value to them.

I'm not here to assume things, but judging from the way you're saying 8 hours a day every day for a year, it seems like you were the one who experienced this robot-hunter-like behavior. If you did have to go through that, what Pokemon were you trying to hunt, and where, again, just curious if you were the one who experience that.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:26 PM, sk8trgod618 said:

It is impossible for that player to get that pokemon without buying it from someone else because the system is so busted that people only ever find epics when they're not looking for it, and sell it to the guy who wants it. This leads to hunters not wanting to play, while WHALE players are always on top, having everything they could ever dream of. Meanwhile, the player with the most hours in the game still hasn't found something he's been trying to find for 5 years.

Unhealthy system that Punishes Hunters and Rewards Whales.

Why is it impossible to find? You can't say the system is busted and that it's impossible for the player to get that Pokemon without buying it from someone else just because RNG is not being nice to you. When you say hunters, you mean hunter, as in you, correct? Because when you say hunters, in its plural form, I'm lead to believe that multiple hunters have this issue, which I do not see happening at all. I hunt myself, and I have never thought of this at all.

You're saying players with the most hours in the game still haven't found anything good that they have been trying to find for 5 years? Is that an exaggeration? You're joking when you say this, right? With 3511 hours poured into the game, surely you're not serious.

Negativity bias is real. People tend to overlook their high tier decent/epic Pokemon catches, completely ignoring them, and only looking at the fails they get, this applies to hunting in PRO.

Well, that's all from me. A tl;dr isn't needed cause I recommend you to read the whole thing. Looking forward to your reply if you do choose to do so, or at least hopefully this post gave you some insight and knowledge on how spawns work.

Oh boy, sk8tr. Aren't you an old player from back in the 2016-2017 era? Half the stuff I read in this thread is utter bs and just plain false. Take it from the person who did most of the changes in summer 2017 and in 2018 onwards till like 2020. 

• Like 2

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Actually decided to give a bit more insight as a reply.  

On 4/11/2021 at 3:01 AM, sk8trgod618 said:

I see no reason to play when the only outcome of me hunting for event forms every event is always me never finding anything, even if I catch 500+ of that species.

Reasons why this happens and leaves players not satisfied with the outcome of an event:

• Let's say a rare Pokemon has a 1% chance to spawn (about the rate that I would usually go with from back in the day), you have add the usual rates of 1/100 to 1/250 for form chances onto that. This obviously makes hunting rare form Pokemon just a RNG-fest. This was never different, this was the same way back in the day & will be the same now. 
    The only things that changed were overall rates for Pokemon

Spawn rates in this game seem to be made with robot-hunters in mind, not human-hunters. We are human, not robots.

They used to be like that, in some ways they still are for certain areas. I can't comment on anything really that was made after I left but even those people doing spawns now got the updates rates that I made for spawns. I doubt they would be that stupid and go back to the old rates. 

Staff wonders why people bot in the first place and it's because people hunt for 2+ hours and can't find the target species. They catch 500+ bagon and 0 epic, let alone event form.

As GM you are pretty aware of why people bot and use macros. It is often just for the money, so that can be sold for real money. Players that are more invested in the game (speaking like hundreds if not thousands of hours) will try to macro/bot for pokemon. 

The "2 hours" for a target species, while this can happen, it shouldn't. If this happens in an area frequently it is the Spawn Editors fault for not reacting accordingly. RNG is obviously a factor for all these things but certain areas you can see right away that something is wrong with it. 

The only thing that can get me to log into this game ever again would be a Major Spawn Rework to make EVERY hunt more human friendly, and to make Event Form Chances more human friendly. Especially the form chances of higher tier Pokemon. LOL Like that's ever going to happen. KEKW!

• Major Spawn Rework:
    • This isn't a project that is done "easily", there is a lot that would one would need to consider just from a logical standpoint 
      • fun fact, I had this planned a long time ago but staff work tilted me way to hard to ever go through with it, still something I would consider doing though
  • Event Form chances:
    • Devalue the high tier spawn vs devaluing the form pokemon, pick your poison however there are ways to make this more equal 
      • the higher the tier of a pokemon is, the better the odds for a form pokemon but with form chances Spawn Editors never had anything to do with, this was always up to Eaty 
On 4/11/2021 at 9:01 AM, Hisoka007 said:

playing the game since 2015 server blue with you and i see that it has always been the same since so long time i can't even remember exactly when the game was human friendly for hunters for me it was always the same,

You are 100% wrong, you didn't even try. 
This alone has hundreds of changes, this doesn't even include this. Playing since 2015 you would know better. 

Everyone has equal chances to encounter a Pokemon, spawns are better by a mile than what they used to be back in the day. They are far from perfect and honestly could use a lot of work but players like to complain a lot about their RNG, bad luck, fail catches. If it were for the players everything would be the same rarity, the market would be non existent & this game would evolves into a sub-par battle simulator. 

Spawns were a passion project of mine for a long time (the 2017 changes above were all suggested by me, so were Repeltricks. 
Spawns take a lot of time and actual passion to execute them correctly since you have to consider a lot of things, PvP focused people will make "easier" spawns but ruin the economy/market prices with that. People who got no idea, will just do random stuff like Shamac used to do it (the person I build the thread on that was linked by Raika). 

Personally only Nikola and me had a good sense for things, while his POV was to make things a little harder, mine was to take make things more comfortable for players but he was always open for changes because spawns were a topic many complained about but nobody really had a really good feeling for it. Others that did spawns made them either way too hard, way too easy or had the wrong focus in mind, hence a Spawn Rework will be hell of a project if anyone ever considers it. The game really could use one before Gen7 releases. 

Peace o/

• Like 1

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.