Guild Island April 2021 - Feedback

Eaty

I understand that the Pokémon spawning are chosen by a vote but it gets annoying when you find out the 'rain' set was voted for the 3rd - 5th time in a row.

Maybe there should be a way to make it so that when players vote for a set, they are unable to vote for the currently active one. This will allow for atleast some sort of variety. 

Another option may be to leave the chosen set up to chance. This way there will be a huge amount of variety.

• Developer
1 minute ago, Bash said:

The change is way to fast imo. When I see a spawn that I like, Id like to farm for 1 day or 3 days which is one blk ms. So, Id suggest to make the spawns change all 72-90 h

Hm, according to my math that should be the norm. 12,5% chance (up to 15% via votes) to change the spawn set every 12 hours shouldn't change thaaat often.

It shouldnt be able to switch to the same theme again for example from trick room to trick room as it did already , kinda ruins the principle of the changing system.

Also I dont know if it exists but maybe release a chart of all pokemon that are part of their themes , so you actaully know what you are voting for

• Like 2

I feel that the new system is very good and it gives some sort of variation that will come in hand for the future.
It makes the Guild Island more interesting and also gives a more active touch when it comes to farm in the different areas!
I also like the new t9 poke that spawns in the new area Guild Island Falls.
The risk before was for at least from my guild's perspective that we lost interest of hunting in the Island the last 1-2 weeks before the new season was about to start.
Now at least we get the chance to switch. Or keep the same theme if that is in everyones interest!

So a many thumbs up from me and my fellow Guildmates! Keep it as it is now!

Keep up the good work! 

Regards, GP!
:PikaLurk:

Edited by GoldenP1kachu

• Developer
2 minutes ago, AshVJ said:

I understand that the Pokémon spawning are chosen by a vote but it gets annoying when you find out the 'rain' set was voted for the 3rd - 5th time in a row.

They are not choosen via vote. More votes only increase the chance for the set, there's no guarantee. And the set was not choosen 3-5 times, the set just didn't change since it was randomized (12,5-15% chance to change every 12 hours).

4 minutes ago, AshVJ said:

Maybe there should be a way to make it so that when players vote for a set, they are unable to vote for the currently active one. This will allow for atleast some sort of variety. 

Another option may be to leave the chosen set up to chance. This way there will be a huge amount of variety.

Once a set is live the votes for the set will be ignored until the set changed again.

Make it actually useful to the pvp players who put in the work for the top 3 guilds to make it available to their members. 

It is only mildly more convenient than going to the tutors it offers for draco meteor and stealth rocks because the tutor building is located so ridiculously far away from the initial port of the island. With a train pass, I would he better off going to get stealth rocks from its ingame location than going to guild island.

That or make this island not a reward for being a top pvp guild when it is anything but a reward for the pvp minded.

• Like 5

LucarioSignature.gif.350c1b5461dad032ce9444ecf1edfdf8.gif

Check out my YOUTUBE if you like fun shenanigans:

https://www.youtube.com/c/McSchitter

I've used guild island for a decent part of my playtime this month and had some small suggestions to improve quality of life. 

1. The spawn ranger is a bit weirdly positioned, I assume that this month there were players that didn't even vote since they didn't know it was there in the first place. Would be more fitting imo if it was just in the PC, where everyone eventually enters. This could change when the requirements return to normal since not everyone will have access, but it would probably still be beneficial. 

2. The message that appears every 12 hours when the spawn set doesn't change should be different than the one that appears when the set actually changes. I've seen a lot of people be confused on whether the spawn was changed to trick room from trick room 5 times in a row when it just didn't change. Perhaps something like "Guild island spawns stayed to x set" but I'm unsure if that's possible. 

Spawns were definitely more interesting compared to before imo and so is the voting system, would have to see the other spawn sets to have a conclusive opinion. (Would also be nice to see the spawns separately for servers on Reborn but I assume it's not possible, just to have an idea of certain tiers. Currently we can only know the tiers that were on Gold)  

Edited by Ichibann
  • Like 2

I've been enjoying Guild Island so far, however.. Various problems were encountered:

-The location for the Spawn Ranger should be either in the Pokecenter or closer to it, because right now where it is, a lot of people miss it, thus making it so nobody votes.

-The voting system and spawn rotation needs improvement. I agree with someone else in this post, the spawns should be longer than 2 days but no longer than 3, so people that invested in a BMS for a certain spawn, can get the most out of it. Silver experienced "Trick Room" spawn for several days because people were not voting. Because of this, we havent fully experienced everything Guild Island has to offer, because we haven't gotten some of the other spawns available for it.

Suggestion: Maybe the Spawn Ranger could do a better job at the conservation of the spawns by making it unavailable to vote for the same spawn twice in a row, or if the requirements are not met (people not voting for a change) then he can rotate the spawn to the next spawn available in the voting list.

• Like 1

Signature.jpg.d781a0e4521f7174e747fe0af3ecbbf7.jpg