[Summer Tournament] How long should Rounds last?

Shinohara

• Administrator

INTRODUCTION

I want to clarify in the first place two things. The first is the fact that the last year tournament was not held as the Wave 3 was planned to come out in December in our first plans and therefore it was decided to wait the full megas rather than having the half packet. Unfortunately, due to issues (not caused by someone in specific, it just happened) it was not possible and it leads to this situation.

You will have to register again, I will announce it when thread will come out.

Anyway, there is a compensation for the last one missing.

The second and most important is that the Summer Tournament was decided to be held in game, like the other Summer Tournaments, on the live servers.

Reasons and conditions:

• It will be hosted only when the server-crashes issue will be fixed.
  • Before the current situation (started in February), there was a long period the server used to crash once every 7 days or sometimes even less (we reached the point servers were up for 14-15 days on a row); if we can go back to that or close, that would be great.
  • Yes, Guild Tournament delay was caused by crashes but, as long as the servers do not crashes, having players playing with the Pokemon they aquired (bought, hunted, etc) will definitely be better; otherwise what's the point of hunting Pokemon?

But this is not the place to talk about any of that. Real topic is the one below, so stay on topic please.

TOPIC OF THE POST: How long should the Rounds last?

As all of you knows, Summer Tournament is a really long Tournament caused by the fact it has more than 350 participants.

In the previous Summer Tournament, each round was lasting 7 days; is that too much? The amount of time was selected considering:

• Having 7 days means that there won't be any sort of tournament extension for anyone or any round;
  • It's a really long tournament that generally last 3 months, you might be totally free the first 2 months so you register, but the following one you might be way busier due to exams or idk;
  • First rounds are literally 180 matches (90 per server). If even only 5-10 matches encounter issue or drama, this means there is the need of contacting 10-20 (5x2; 10x2) people to hear their side and take the decision, which might not be the easier of the things to do in 3 days of round for example.

Anyway, lets go with the feedback and keep it productive.

Rewards Spoiler

Spoiler

image.png

• Like 2

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

• Shinohara changed the title to [Summer Tournament] How long should Rounds last?

1 week tops, gives everyone the weekend to figure out games. and the week as cushion space or vice versa. matches are assigned friday night, or sunday night. if sunday night then you get monday through friday to work towards playing, and if you can't, you have the cushion space of the weekend to finalize the matches

Edited by g3n3r4l

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

Always 7 days would be indeed so super long and I dont want to destroy my head to think about a good solution as staff can do that.

Spontanious I'd suggest that the standart waiting time is 3 or 4 days, but if you really dont have time you can use your "joker" and extend it to 7 days.

Or: For every battle held in less than ~3 days you add 25 PvP coins or so in a raffle which will be given away to all participants after the tour :pogg:

I already see ppl sayign one week is fine. Thing is: I saw it in many other events. It is getting boring very fast if you have to wait so long. Its more fun when you hussle it a bit. Thats why I'd prefer it as short as possible.

Edited by Bash

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

You will never be able to have less than a week/round because many people might play on weekends. This topic is very needed but just changing EVERY round the same way is not going to be beneficial. The first few rounds of brackets everyone can agree are usually the most unecessary part and should be condensed but still allow for weekend play.

My opinion is that the best way to do the tour correctly is have the first few rounds all happen on the same weekend OR 11 days starting on a friday (this allows 2 weekends in case one weekend is bad for some people).

The obvious argument is that people do not have time to play but I do not know why we are accommodating a minority who, if they are not playing much anyways, are never going to ever beat a Destro in their dreams without good practice reps when it is a best of format and a losers bracket safety net (just being honest here).

After the first few rounds have completed your return to regular 1 week schedule. Might seem complicated but it really is not. It is people purposefully avoiding battles that is the problem and we need to stop rewarding this behavior and just play our matches already.

• Like 3

LucarioSignature.gif.350c1b5461dad032ce9444ecf1edfdf8.gif

Check out my YOUTUBE if you like fun shenanigans:

https://www.youtube.com/c/McSchitter

4 minutes ago, McSchitter said:

You will never be able to have less than a week/round because many people might play on weekends. This topic is very needed but just changing EVERY round the same way is not going to be beneficial. The first few rounds of brackets everyone can agree are usually the most unecessary part and should be condensed but still allow for weekend play.

My opinion is that the best way to do the tour correctly is have the first few rounds all happen on the same weekend OR 11 days starting on a friday (this allows 2 weekends in case one weekend is bad for some people).

The obvious argument is that people do not have time to play but I do not know why we are accommodating a minority who, if they are not playing much anyways, are never going to ever beat a Destro in their dreams without good practice reps when it is a best of format and a losers bracket safety net (just being honest here).

After the first few rounds have completed your return to regular 1 week schedule. Might seem complicated but it really is not. It is people purposefully avoiding battles that is the problem and we need to stop rewarding this behavior and just play our matches already.

I like this much. Shouldnt be a problem for the very most ppl to do a bunch of games in 11 days.

Edited by Bash

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

like me, many of the PRO community are already adults, work has their obligations, PRO is a leisure, many have only the weekend, or a day of the week totally free, so 5 to 7 days is a great deadline for such a complex and large tournament, alias both need to find their opponent, and set a day and time to face each other, so that it is accessible to both.

Edited by Patomilenar