Why the "PvP Council" is a failure and how we can fix it!

Teerav

On 4/25/2021 at 1:30 AM, teerav said:

This is a valid critique. Council members must be respected by the community in order for it to work. Smogon does this as well. Council member's descriptions should also include links to their accomplishments, otherwise their descriptions are simply "trust me, these guys good haha!" And @Bashis correct about current council members accomplishments. It is easy for him and me to respect them because we have been around long enough to know who they are and their accomplishments. Which is why we need an official post to help people like you know them better.

You know what's the difference? PRO council members are mediocre players outside this game, we don't have people like BKC or Jamvad (just naming a few who are on YT and everyone can appreciate their thought process) here, that's why a poll including everyones vote instead those so called 'experts' criteria will work better in this game.

Edited by Prodigy

On 5/8/2021 at 11:44 AM, Prodigy said:

You know what's the difference? PRO council members are mediocre players outside this game, we don't have people like BKC or Jamvad (just naming a few who are on YT and everyone can appreciate their thought process) here, that's why a poll including everyones vote instead those so called 'experts' criteria will work better in this game.

If I could hand-pick the PvP Council, I would select a diverse set of members throughout the community. Im not talking about race, social background, etc. Like, people who are very social and parts of different "cliques" of the community. Ideally, each member would always be talking to their friends and community before making concrete decisions, ensuring that most of the veteran pvpers within PRO have their voices heard. Kind of like an unofficial Republic.

Without a specific governance or focus on pvp, the proper "polls" or "votes" for the community to have input will never happen. Who decides what polls or votes are run? Additionally, the "BKC" or "Jamvad"s of PRO will have their voices drowned out by the hundreds trying to get the attention of the pollster's ear. What will happen in reality is the pollster will just read the posts of people *they* individually trust and ignore the others because they simply do not have the time to read an asses hundreds of comments. And we will be back to where we were, people complaining that the community is getting no voice.

There simply is no "ideal" scenario. Every idea must compromise with reality and work with the best available option.

E6W75Tu.png

Want to make the community to have a voice?

Let's start by not giving the power of changing the PVP rules to that 'council' and just giving them the power to make the polls.

Lets just put the polls INSIDE THE GAME where everyone can see them and vote with a simple YES or NO.

And as I said before, if we had some BKCs or Jamvads here Ill trust them to make the decisions to make a healthy and fun meta who also benefits the business and attract new players, something that the actual so called 'experts' aren't capable of.

So as I said, just give the community the last word to change the rules.

It's nowhere near as difficult as you try to make it look, but I suppose you have some friends in that 'council' and don't want to mess with them.

The most difficult part is to make the staff work in it and apply the changes, and yes, I know they are far from being the hardest and brightest workers on the internet.