Mawilite - Metagrossite - Sablenite - Greninja Ban Envelope

Mythicallegend

15 minutes ago, CruelGreen said:

We arent playing yu gi oh 

We playing "Pokemon" Revolution Online

642397593321603092.png

Sorry if that comparison was not clear enough for you to comprehend , either way it's addressed towards people who do get it.

• Like 2

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

40 minutes ago, Ghabra said:

What i'm about to say is going to get alot of hate so let's get this over with.

While i understand your anger and frustration , you need to know that  pokemon pvp is not a game where you can exactly predict what's going to be really op in the meta 100% ( with exceptions of course ) . I myself wrote a post months ago about banning mega sableye , but i was never in favor of  instantly banning it. Everything deserves a chance , and it's your job to keep up with the pvp meta and try and predict what is going to be and not going to be banned , and act accordingly . That is what winrate and usage stats are for at the end of each month ( i know i'm contradicting myself a bit here because it hasnt been a month since wave 3 , but if you kept up a bit with what was going on on the pvp cuncil, you would have known that alot of  well known big pvp names and council members have been demanding a mawile ban and a sableye ban was inevitable if mawile gets banned since they come in a pack) , not to mention that people have been crying FOREVER  in the pvp council fora greninja ban. Pro staff are not obligated to tell you what will be banned, do your own research for that.

You re complaining about spending hours hunting only for pro to ban that said mon , but look at another game like Yu-gi-oh.

People are spending actual money to buy the cards , (unlike pro which uses virtual money) , and are buying and selling them all the time for insane prices . Here are some examples: (as of current date)

-Ten Thousand Dragon, worth around $188

-Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier, worth  around $171

- Sengenjin, worth around $107

And yet , Konami bans /limits Yu-gi-oh cards OUT OF NOWHERE  ALL THE TIME. People are losing ACTUAL MONEY because of this . So, what's the solution to this you ask? They just keep up with the meta and the usage stats , and predict what is going to be banned or limited and sell them beforehand. It's not Konami's job to refund the players who lost their money , it's their job to balance the game. And this is the exact same case with pro right now.

Although the banning process was handled very poorly from walross and the rest of the staff , these bans were kind of predictable if you have taken 10 minutes of your time  to look at #council-chat in the pro pvp council discord. Heck if you asked any decent player , they would have told you that mawile and greninja are absolutely broken in the current meta state. Sorry to say this but money frog has overstayed it's welcome , i agree with these quickbans ( aside from metagross , but if that's the sacrifice i have to make to get rid of the others, i'll take it any day of the week) 

we are in pokemon and it turns out with an example of yugiho-ho

🤣

you are right about some things.  I think things are like this, it is due to the lack of generation 7. because many pokes would not be forced to be ban

556692861_Untitled07-20-202207-54-08(6).png.25cd0edd14949987e568a5b18eb334ba.png

12 minutes ago, Liz said:

we are in pokemon and it turns out with an example of yugiho-ho

🤣

you are right about some things.  I think things are like this, it is due to the lack of generation 7. because many pokes would not be forced to be ban

I mentioned this exampe because yu gi oh players are in the same situation as us , a game with its own economy and market , where the most expensive items are the most likely to get banned. My point was to show how Yu-gi-oh players deal with it and how we should learn something from them.

• Like 2

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

2 hours ago, sarks said:

@g3n3r4l

am still waiting for your answer! and am pretty sure that many other players are interest  to hear what you will see! 
if you dont remember i will attach a screenshot and also i will type again my question.

you said: " i mean right now, all the pokes currently in the game have been around for a long time. currently as we can see from the pvp council discord, there are no active debates going on, so nothing is at risk. volc and char are basically at no rosk of being banned though, so you're fine with them"

first i want to say : before 2 or 3 years greninja was in the list of pokemon that it was in no risk for getting ban. but now it is banned. suddenly. 
since it  was in no risk back in 2-3 years there are exist players that give hours-days- months of their time to hunt an epic unique one back then. or there are players that paid 5-30m to buy epic one, back in those years again. 

so suddenly we learned before some months that greninja now is at risk. and it will might get ban. 

now about my question : this thing it might happen for any other pokemon in the next 2 years.  since it happens for greninja. then who can guarantee that it will not happen again (for example) for charizard? 

so since noone can guarantee that then answer to the players plz,  : why to try hard and spend their hours to find an epic unique poke or try hard to gather pokemoney to pay for an epic poke or in the worst case to spend their money  to buy coin capsules and get fast the amount of pokemoney that they need in order to buy an epic unique poke ,   since there is no guarantee from anyone that this poke in the future it might get ban !!!! even if its in no risk now ofc.

am sorry for my bad english.  i tryed to type it as simple as  i could.

Screenshot_1.jpg

If a poke is released now, we have a pvp council to decide on it, which means it shouldn't take 2 years for them to decide a ban or not. Yes it took some time for these 3, and gren, who took longer, but we didn't have a proper council until now to talk about it. And under new ownership now it should do better than before as well.

And another example you can look at is Mega Metagross. gen 6, he was fine, not banned and perfectly allowed. Gen 7, he was banned. now if PRO had come out originally way back when gen 6 was out, and released it all, mega metagross would probably have been allowed then too, but then as we move to gen 7, and it gets banned, you would make this same argument. 

Getting pokemon is all part of this MMO. It's hunt, train, pvp, boss, etc. and then repeat. You spend a lot of money on something for it to get banned? congratulations, your loss.

In gren's case, i really think having had many years already to use it in pvp should credit your money somehow, and if you bought it in recent months, you're at a loss because the council was talking about banning it for months as well.

oh yea and thanks for repeating it, i just forgot about it then ignored it completely, so the refresher was good.

Edited by g3n3r4l

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

14 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

If a poke is released now, we have a pvp council to decide on it, which means it shouldn't take 2 years for them to decide a ban or not. Yes it took some time for these 3, and gren, who took longer, but we didn't have a proper council until now to talk about it. And under new ownership now it should do better than before as well.

And another example you can look at is Mega Metagross. gen 6, he was fine, not banned and perfectly allowed. Gen 7, he was banned. now if PRO had come out originally way back when gen 6 was out, and released it all, mega metagross would probably have been allowed then too, but then as we move to gen 7, and it gets banned, you would make this same argument. 

Getting pokemon is all part of this MMO. It's hunt, train, pvp, boss, etc. and then repeat. You spend a lot of money on something for it to get banned? congratulations, your loss.

In gren's case, i really think having had many years already to use it in pvp should credit your money somehow, and if you bought it in recent months, you're at a loss because the council was talking about banning it for months as well.

oh yea and thanks for repeating it, i just forgot about it then ignored it completely, so the refresher was good.

So you say we have proper council, right? This perfect council was left by many, beacuse their opinion meant nothing in this world, or the worse case, they werent even asked. Greninja is here for years now, and it was never a problem. Megas got released, ppl can build more and more different teams with these mons. And what do we do? We ban them, This circle will continue, and not 2 months later, but a month later, beacuse with these bans, more and more pokemon will stand out of the meta, and they will be a threat to h.o. to stall and these mons will keep getting banned. I still say the same, this stupid ban was the first step going into a dead game, and no one can deny that. Beacuse we are moving to a game, where you either play pvp competitively and force yourself to use the 6 best mon that can put up a fight, or you are screwed. Greninja could give lower rating players some kind of fun, with being able to damage an enemy pokemon, and now, its gone not for higher ranked players, but for the lower ones too. Yes, if you know how to play pvp, you will find a new solution to win games, but Greninja only gave you either a special, a physical or mixed attacker that you could use in almost any situation. And the best thing, ppl show showdown damage calculations. They show us gunk shot azumarill, which is super effective against it. even without changing type, ice beam will kill almost any flying type, without turning to ice type. And you can say, it has huge movepool. Yes, gladly it has, Just like many other pokemon. Look at Landorus, it has a great movepool too, and its not banned. Just watch this, the next banned pokemon will be Mega Medicham. Banned in Gen6 OU, huge movepool, over 500 atk due to ability. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Eric66 said:

So you say we have proper council, right? This perfect council was left by many, beacuse their opinion meant nothing in this world, or the worse case, they werent even asked. Greninja is here for years now, and it was never a problem. Megas got released, ppl can build more and more different teams with these mons. And what do we do? We ban them, This circle will continue, and not 2 months later, but a month later, beacuse with these bans, more and more pokemon will stand out of the meta, and they will be a threat to h.o. to stall and these mons will keep getting banned. I still say the same, this stupid ban was the first step going into a dead game, and no one can deny that. Beacuse we are moving to a game, where you either play pvp competitively and force yourself to use the 6 best mon that can put up a fight, or you are screwed. Greninja could give lower rating players some kind of fun, with being able to damage an enemy pokemon, and now, its gone not for higher ranked players, but for the lower ones too. Yes, if you know how to play pvp, you will find a new solution to win games, but Greninja only gave you either a special, a physical or mixed attacker that you could use in almost any situation. And the best thing, ppl show showdown damage calculations. They show us gunk shot azumarill, which is super effective against it. even without changing type, ice beam will kill almost any flying type, without turning to ice type. And you can say, it has huge movepool. Yes, gladly it has, Just like many other pokemon. Look at Landorus, it has a great movepool too, and its not banned. Just watch this, the next banned pokemon will be Mega Medicham. Banned in Gen6 OU, huge movepool, over 500 atk due to ability. 

Sorry but mega medicham has never been banned you may have been wrong