[Keita's Diary] A short self reflection about the game from Keita

Keita

Another type of pve content i want again is the npc who wanted battles with same type teams from the xmas event, but this time full teams not 3v3 and not for a limited event.

another npc from the valentine event who wanted only shiny/event pokemon to fight. It was located in the 3rd island so not many people had access to it and most people, including me, assumed the rewards wouldnt be worth the cost it would take to get all my event poke moveset ready since it would be removed soon.

If these npcs were permanent we could invest time and money into getting poke ready to battle them. Make them into bosses that pay 50k to incentivize people.

Now about the economy-

im going to get a lot of hate for this but reduce the amount of bosses per week to 5. this will solve your 4 account problem as well. I made 4 accounts and 8 characters and can barely do bosses on one. its absurd how people do it on 8 every single week. They grind and grind prioritizing money to enjoyment. This is a game not a job.

200k per week per character is enough to afford basic travel, pokeballs and potions.

Hunting pokemon should be the main part of this game not switching off dms and mindlessly using destiny bond against the same opponent 8 time every week.

The people to blame for broken spawns and broken economy are the staff.

Ill give an example. This is pre ban so dont talk about the ban here.

Froakie was nice to have in summer 2020. Prices were decent and it wasnt too easy or too hard to hunt. Then it returned for halloween and farmed again and again because of the event form. By this point the market was saturated already and there was no need for more. Then guild island came along. As if that wasnt enough, someone thought it was a good idea to make it repellable for easter. People throw away naive decent stats torrent frogs because no ones buying them for 5k.

Its not fair because why dont other pokes get the same love? i would love to see a shiny ralts being caught every few weeks if not days, the same way i see i shiny frogs every event.

Then the issue about max spd poke and same natures. Everyone thinks 31 spd is a must for rare pokes like jolly metagross, gallade etc. I can understand hunting tier 1 gastly for 31 spd. Hunting metagross or gallade for 31 is again absurd. This is coming from a shiny hunter who has 45 boxes of ralts. I spent 4m in repels to hunt all those ralts and didnt get a single 31/31. If you do manage to find a 31 spd jolly gallade and train it up, if its attack is below 20, you get told its worth 150-300k as a swiper because the people with 500m in their accounts call it trash, which leads to the person with 500k in their account into believing its trash, and not buying it.

Give something that the people hoarding cc in their accounts will be happy to go broke for. A staff poke of their choice for a few billion for example. I bet a few people could afford it.

Limiting bosses and fixing spawns is the only way or the market is going to go downhill from here. The silver lining is that ill get to buy tier9 right nature 27+ poke with 30spd for 100k or less eventually so maybe i shouldnt complain so much xd

Man, first, what a wonderful text.

You don't know how important it is to have this view, of how Staff members think like players. I hope that more posts like this happen.

------

About PvP

I have played Pokémon since its first game launched, if I'm not mistaken, 1996. The Pokémon competition started around 2006/2007, but it gained strength even in 2008.

And it has always been so, always with a list of Pokémon appearing repeatedly in the competitive landscape. I think this is not an evil that affects only the Pokémon franchise, but in any game that has a competitive side, always the same weapons, always the same builds...

Looking at the present, today the official Game Freak format, VGC, every season alternates its rules, in a way, the goal constantly undergoes changes, perhaps that is why many players prefer VGC to Smogon. Perhaps a season system where the rules are constantly changing? As an example, a season where only monotypes are allowed to set up? I do not know. It is really difficult to establish something like that, as well as to develop something in that sense. And on that, congratulations to the entire team for developing the random battle mode.

About PVE

Diancie's quest, the famous '' chess '', that is SENSATIONAL! This is the type of PvE content that draws attention, and that escapes the same "conversation with one npc here, battle, conversation with another npc there, battle ...". May more creative quests like this arise.

As a note, many players fail to enjoy the game's PvE content simply because they do not know English, since a requirement to be able to enjoy this content is to read and understand the existing dialogues. Allow yourself to create a game translation project, where the community can contribute to it. You do not need to translate the game into all the existing languages, but to the most common among the average PRO players. Recruit translators, I'm sure many players would love to do this work on a voluntary basis.

Number of Accounts

I understand how complicated it is to limit that. And perhaps having allowed 4 accounts is a way of no return.

But I am in favor of only 1 account per player.

Perhaps a way to reverse this would be to announce the limitation '' today '' and give players 6 months to organize themselves. Whatever the number of accounts allowed.

About the Economy

Competitive PvP will always dictate where the game economy goes. That will never change. But here comes a criticism, what happened recently cannot happen. Ban X Pokémon without simply having a preparation for it. This breaks the economy. However, it is just an observation.

But why does PvP dictate the rules? First, it is the preferred mode of play for most players. Competition is part of the human instinct. And second because it pays the best prizes.

Could PvE have a role in this? Yes, it could, but it is not simple, looking at the development aspect, the technical aspect itself. But how? There are several games where players compete against each other, without necessarily being a PvP, a battle. If there were some ranked puzzles, it would be necessary to use certain pokémons, and that it would also pay rewards as good as the PvP rewards. But I repeat, it is extremely complicated to establish this, because first, a lot of creativity and second, a lot of development effort.

----

Finally, again, congratulations on the text.

Ass1.png

I'm not that much into doing repetitive things, so i pretty much don't log on till there's an interesting new thing to complete. The quality of quests has skyrocketed since the first iteration of the breezy island where we got LC, it was so innovative and new that i loved it. The same year we got the dark realm, and oh man was that a blast. You could compare it to a mini region, i spent 8h completing it, it had side quests along the main quest that was to defeat darkrai in his lair. 

Only thing i really find satisfaction in the game anymore is new quests, i'm not a PvPer or a repetitive PvEer like doing bosses or hunting. Events usually offer something unique and that's what i love the most

• Like 1

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~