Make it so you can't fight the same person in PvP 2x in a row.

Smooge

This is something i have been very vocal about for a while, but have never made a thread about it. So here it is

I find this "mechanic" to be very unhealthy for the game, not only by how it makes pvp less fun, but it also encourages pvpers to not play multiple games in a row, or change their teams after every match to avoid getting either counter teamed/getting the same (bad) matchup again.
The latter is especially annoying, its not a matter of just playing it better, some matchups are just polarizing to the point of *forcing you* to change teams.
Changing teams after a match is NOT something thats very plausible in an MMO setting, this is especially true for newer players who have just finished their only team and are trying to get their foot in the door of the pvp scene.

In some cases, this could be a "good thing" allowing you to "farm" a new player over and over for free rating and coins, this may be a "good" thing for one person, but the person on the receiving end is almost certainly not having fun. I would suspect some new players have given up on pvp solely because they queue up into the same ladder player over and over
For someone like me, this mechanic is just HORRIBLE for content creation. I was trying to record a 45 minute video the other day and got the same person 4 times in a row. Obviously fighting the same person 4x in a row isnt something a lot of people would like to watch, so I always only include 1 battle. This 45 minute recording session turned into a 3 hour session of boring hell, and completely ruined my mood for the rest of the video.

Now, since i bring this up a lot i hear these 2 arguments against changing this mechanic.

First is usually "this is a thing in many other games too"
I dont find this to be a good argument at all, mostly for the reasons i stated above. It encourages you to play a different team every game, which is not a viable way to get around this in an MMO setting like ours, hunting/buying/preparing full teams takes a long time, its not something you can do overnight.

And "it would make queue times too long"
I do not think this would have an impact on the ladder queue at all, again for the reason i stated above. The current system encourages you to only play few games per day, at peak hours to ensure you get the most diversity possible. And even if this does impact the pvp queue times, theres a very simple solution. Make finding the same person 2x in a row an optional setting.

Also something i didnt even think of, this would help stop boosters.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day, let me know your thoughts on this.

• Like 14
  • Checked/Done 1

Yes, fighting the same players all the time is super boring. I also have that problem as a content creator, but as a player too. Yes, farming on noobs is cool, but I prefer a challenging system and I wouldn't mind waiting in queue if that means not fighting the same person again.

• Like 1
sign2.png

I fought this dude 4 times in a row and its was so boring. Ratings and coins are nice but some people forget pvp is for fun as well and fighting the same person twice or more in a row is like watching a movie twice consecutively which is just the boringest thing especially when they playing some annoying team.

• Like 1

Agreed, the amount of times i fought the same dude over 2 times in a row is not normal, it prevents you from playing at maximal capacity since you know for a fact that there is a high chance of getting C teamed...

• Like 1

+1 it’s not as fun when u know their team and sets and they know urs- it completely eliminates the element of surprise. i would rather wait in the queue for a min or 2 longer than fight the same dude multiple times.

• Like 1