Petition to Unban Greninja from Ranked OU PvP

Iammeetdp

2 hours ago, Eric66 said:

So you can always run hp ice. You can always run psychic poke. You cant afford it every single time. Gen7 is not healthy at all. Atleast not the teams that are 100% meta. Its not idiocy, I just can see the stall rising again. Even more. But this isnt about stall now, lets put it aside. Toxapex with regenerator ability, moves like baneful bunker makes it extremely annoying. Skarmory was just 1 example, players will surely find a way for a "better" stall pair. Players bringing up Garchomp, Gliscor, Zapdos, Tornadus. Without protean, they would All die without exception to Ice Beam. Gliscor 4x weak, Garchomp 4x weak, Zapdos and Tornadus 2x weak to Ice. Why not bringing calculations that are not super eff3ctive against opponent mons? Theres no logic behind this, beacuse we could ban each and every offensive mon, beacuse they can kill several pokemons. Specially with the right moveset. 

difference between that and this, is that in this case, Gren got the stab boost from all the attacks, so it was not only super effective, but it was super effective with a 50% boost, and a typing change. Gren could also very easily run defensive coverage moves, so instead of being an ice type, it clicks gunk shot and its a poison type, who's now resisting fighting types. Shadow sneak as well would make your argument, at least i think it was you, might've been someone else, of "mach punch it" completely invalid.

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

12 minutes ago, Ghabra said:

You want to know why greninja was banned ? Aside from the [heck] ton of content in this thread that you choose to ignore ,  go read  everything that was said by top ladder players  who have gotten ladder consistently over years in the pvp council discord server ( i would be happy to provide the link https://discord.gg/sTh5Mqb3 )  . There are NUMEROUS THREADS on smogon , on youtube , on freaking pokecommunity on why greninja is banned . Sources are everywhere , all you need to do is go to this link :" www.google.com " , you click in the searchbar and you type "greninja ban"  or "greninja ban smogon". Simple right?

And yes , thoes who are laddering do get to decide for everyone .With all due respect , people who do not pvp , or people who are not experienced in pvp do not get to vote on the matters of pvp. I thought that was obvious enough. There's a reason why minors do not get to vote in elections. It's because they are not mature enough and do not understand enough to vote . This is the exact same case here , why do people who do not know anything about pvp get to decide for people who play for pvp? Want to be a grown up and get to vote on matters of pvp? Go get ladder. 

So instead of riling up like a bunch of kids and using cheap methods like starting a petition with a VERY low number of votes needed as a matter of fact (seeing  that both servers combined average to about 1.5k players at any given time),  Go get ladder. 

You think greninja does not deserve a ban and you want your voice to be heard? Then prove that your voice deserves to be heard and you guessed it , Go get ladder. 

Disclaimer This is not directed towards @iammeetdpbecause he has proven himself and gotten ladder multiple times before , this is directed towards every godamn kid in here who keeps arguing nonsense while getting presented with facts and numbers. 

from here i will introduce myself in past when still in yellow server. my name was kimcil and this is me since january 2017 result. icouldn't find my older data because this was max date i can find, i ever vacuum for a while for doing something else

19 kimcil 521 134 58

23 kimcil 523 123 49

10 kimcil 522 81 17

this is when i still in legacy guild that i made with my friend who has left the game atm

after these i quit till i back and a friend told me my guild moved to silver server than i make new account in silver and back joining legacy

this when first time i back to pvp and also the last time because in last hours of season i met guildmate and not accepting the battle but he click.then i try to get some ratings more but i cant, my heat head brings me to lose in a row and ended up near this rating

ms.PNG.a9c00a62767d83b7d57a36cd951ac63a.PNG

not sure if this enough but i couldn't find any other than this

i moved my kimcil account to silver and ask duerenkran to doing my sinnoh and some mega quest.

maybe you checked from ip address last used its from his area then its nothing wrong. or maybe i can say a name ex staff that know well that was me, but i dont think its needed to say name

Edited by shunsou

Just now, shunsou said:

i talked long, many and boring not within random knowledge, its my own experience

There is no point to proving yourself if what i said does not apply to you, there is no reason for you to feel targeted . That was targeted towards people spouting nonsense who have no idea what the gravity of their words mean.

• Like 1

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

14 minutes ago, ShinyChansey said:

im not a pvper but i thought i would just show this if it helps. Also im neutral on this btw since i dont pvp enough.

image.png.1200f367eb2cf2f5cc6c02356e5f2a69.png

and this was before megas immediately gained their new speed boost after mega evolving

image.png.ea52615be5597788896033631c51ee69.png

again. i dont pvp and i have no side on this but maybe this would help in this discussion? and yes i understand this is pro and not showdown. anyways i hope the right decision will be made whether its an unban or continued to be banned.

also my i have my name cus i like the shiny not cus i like using it for pvp, i put 6 random offense pokes on my teams, thanks.

When It comes to revenge killing There are numerous mons who can do it way better than Greninja, Mega lopunny for instance. The point where it says that Greninja can threaten most metagame even with a 4 moveslot syndrome is incorrect. Greninja can't pick Ohkos on traditional PRO walls even with super effective moves let alone that it can't even pressure em all bcs it will always lack something for something. It has access to spikes to pressure walls and that's a reason. But I don't find that a reason enough to cause its ban. 

3 minutes ago, Ghabra said:

There is no point to proving yourself if what i said does not apply to you, there is no reason for you to feel targeted . That was targeted towards people spouting nonsense who have no idea what the gravity of their words mean.

i got a bit missunderstanding. my bad

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, g3n3r4l said:

difference between that and this, is that in this case, Gren got the stab boost from all the attacks, so it was not only super effective, but it was super effective with a 50% boost, and a typing change. Gren could also very easily run defensive coverage moves, so instead of being an ice type, it clicks gunk shot and its a poison type, who's now resisting fighting types. Shadow sneak as well would make your argument, at least i think it was you, might've been someone else, of "mach punch it" completely invalid.

I would like to once again bring into light the Low base defenses and hp of greninja. 

These calcs is for poison type greninja:-

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja: 147-173 (51.5 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Incase of shadow sneak! Again!! That's what's pvp about. Predicting! Its integral part of pvp and shouldn't be used as an excuse for the ban or even as a reason. 

• Administrator

Giving recent behaviour issues from many people here, some involving as well the thread owner, I am actually forced to close this thread as it's not leading anywhere in any case.

Our Council Leader will make a post, with my help to make it clean and understandable for everyone, to explain the bans as soon as possible. 

Eventually we'll give chance to comment below the thread where stuff is explained,

As for votes, regardless of how much you will ask, we won't make one cause votes, +1, petitions, polls and similar makes absolutely zero sense as I have explained before.

To make you an example, If I would make a vote regarding if adding a 3x3 empty map where we gift Legendaries, more than 70% of the community will say yes, but does that mean the decision is the correct one? Absolutely not.

What we consider are valid arguments supported by facts, evidences, calculation and in general data collected. In short, arguments that are actually proved/possible to be proved.

Have a good day.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others