Let's talk about the NEW Sinnoh Daily Reporter changes

Desumi

To start this, this is related to the new changes recently done to the Daily Reporter Quest in Solaceon Town found in the Sinnoh region.

It's not a thread created to flame or disrespect the new changes, but rather address them and potentially open the eyes of the PRO team regarding this change.

I might just speak on behalf of myself or a lot of players when regarding this change.

But if the previous system is completely changed, and you now have to actually CATCH the Pokemon of the day EACH day, I'm sadly not gonna have time to do the quest on a daily basis.

image.png.8631ea0565bb101860dc77d73945555a.png

image.png.b59fa84480ab66825121ab7a953e6597.png

I think the old system was decent enough because I could jump onto the game, even on days when I barely had 5 minutes to play, to continue my daily streak.

Right now, I would need 30+ minutes of playtime or more. Depending on the rarity of the wanted Pokemon.

Despite the old rewards, I think it was worth it, spending 5 or more minutes on PRO for it.

But why is this change so "bad"?

People will lose interest in my opinion, just like with the Celedon daily quest. Time is essential for people.

While the difference here is the insanely better rewards, it still doesn't feel right to have to catch the Pokemon on a daily basis.

Furthermore, I went through the effort to find every single listed gen 4 Pokemon, had all evolutions for each, just for this daily challenge alone.

Why it should be reverted - My personal opinion:

Some days I can't play because of work, projects, simply not in the mood etc.

But, that didn't stop me from logging in on PRO for just 5 minutes, finding the suited Pokemon, and logging off again.

Right now, I feel like my entire reason to play PRO is basically gone.

The only reason I played PRO right now is to do this quest, well was. And seasonal events.

Where PRO went seriously wrong...

Again, this is a very sensitive topic to bring up, but I'm not afraid to state my opinon on this.

ASK THE COMMUNITY BEFORE COMMITTING NEW CHANGES.

Make a thread, announce ahead of time, do some testing or speak with your community.

This came out of the blue and I am not really sure what to say, as a Contributor I feel so left in the dark.

While there might be some dedicated channels for this, promote them, shine some lights on them, because I have not seen even one of them.

So, that's why I'm kind of feeling fed up about new changes going through, without the community's input on it, before it goes live.

I think many may share this opinion with me...

I see plenty of people doing the same thing as me, being online only for a short period of time, in the same AFK spots in Solaceon Town.

Why? Because they don't have a better reason to play PRO or they don't have time to spare hunting for a new Pokemon on a daily basis for this challenge.

This quest served as a vital part of getting a masterball on a weekly basis and occasionally if you were lucky a RR ticket.

And that's why some people still did this on a daily basis, even if they might not have time for it.

Some of the new rewards are still not making this worth it and some feel odd...

While there are some great changes, I wonder why Max Repel was implemented into the Day 3. Plenty of other useful items that could've been given instead.

I know many are repel tricking during events WQs, but I doubt they would be interested in gaining this through that quest, and it feels odd as a reward.

Furthermore, Day 5 got x5 Focus Sash or x5 PP up, I would have personally kept the UpGrade and not implemented PP up. Simply to sync with the Silver Disc reward on Day 7.

The 7 day Train ticket is fine, but I don't think this applies to the ones who mainly use this, considering it activates on the same day.

Also, this next one is just so sad. I loved the shiny Wingull on day 25... 😞

Thought it was kind of useless, it was still funny to see if you got the perfect IV and nature Shiny Wingull.

Replacing it had no say in it because I feel like this reward also doesn't apply to the majority of the users doing this quest on a daily basis. 

Edited by Electrocute4u
Changed the title to be more friendly, yet intriguing
  • Haha 1
  • Checked/Done 3

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

Personally did Solaceon myself, I have no issues with the changes made other than the fact that the pokemon has to be caught on that day. If this was going to be the case, then half the list of the pokemon should have been somewhat nerfed and the tier 9 pokemon at the very least being removed altogether  (In my opinion)

Wouldn't have any issue at all as long as the pokemon could be used prior to the catch date

• Checked/Done 1

spacer.png

Imo it would be better if the reporter would delete the shown pokemon instead of asking for a freshly caught one. 

But despite that, im going to agree with the change. It was way too much of a reward for putting 1min of effort every day. 

-1, yes asking the community is good, but as we've seen from the recent PvP bans, hive mind is also popular, and while something is OP, such a gren, nobody wants it banned, so everyone will start to complain. Had the community been considered for that ban, it would most certainly not have been banned, and then he would still be a problem. It's the same for this, more rewards = people happy, less chance at better rewards = people mad. And as a result, want it reverted.

And basically all the rewards were previously ignored anyways, maybe not like the revival herbs, but now there's some pp ups which are useful, along with some sash's both of which are very useful in PvP. Before, the only good reward was a Reroll ticket, and the remainder were less than mediocre, now at least there is more balance in usability with all the rewards.

And like was previously stated, it was a 2 minute effort every day to get basically a mil worth of pokedollars in a week, a 1/3 chance for a reroll almost guaranteed at least 1 on 4 accounts, double that for two servers, and then more and more get sent into the economy. Overall a change was needed.

Edited by g3n3r4l
  • Like 2

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

+1 yea bro revert this pls the bossnerfs and dignerfs and accountlimit were already enough to knock out the people who actually play pokemon to gain cash now no rerolls anymore... all the weeks wasted i took to playthe stories....i cant farm tier 9 pokes everyday in so many accounts.... and the reroll tickets that were way way way too expensive already for new players will increase price evenmore so please

Edited by Crucifixuz

finn.gif.d450244a79435b8983a25a5b72cff0b1.gif                 Youtube Channel xD                 cruci.gif.0344cffa73dea39fea2bd65a11f291ef.gif  

Go to the house

Show the Pokemon

Log off

This is nothing you should get a reward from. Not a single clue how people can find that okay and not abusive.

The change was needed and good, they should change the Pokemon you need to catch tho which this one CS also said hes open to that.

• Like 2

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

I wont give my opinion for now but I just want to precise.

Almost all the previous rewards were good and usefull.

Leppa Berries for massive hunting, Ultra Balls for easier hunt. 

Revival herbs for False Swipe training.

Rare candies cos.. I dont think I need to explain.

Master Balls for legends and a bit of money some times.

Of course Reroll Tickets to reroll legend, or to make some money.

Only the 5th day was useless.

Edited by Madtrainer

Madtrainer_Jolteon.gif.207f7bcf3067bf69eb5205ea0bc33f66.gif

Just now, Norex said:

-1 if changes to the reroll system are considered since adding more and more legendaries while nerfing the amount of reroll tickets a player can get is not thought through well imo.

Then let me say this.

I have gotten 2 tickets out of that, and I have been doing this on a weekly basis for the past 8 months.

IIRC it was 25% chance to obtain it, from the previous system, even if there were in total 3 rewards to choose from, to nerf the possibility to obtain it.

I'm not saying the new rewards are bad or not good enough.

Nor nerfing the actual old rewards. But they just feel a bit off, that's all.

My opinion above is more focused on the fact you have to catch them fresh on a daily basis, which are too time consuming for a majority of the players doing this quest.

It might end up as the Celedon Daily Quest at this point.

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

then pls just decrease the poketiers its impossible then for people with alt accounts people act like its an easy thing to do just make acc teeleport sinnoh farm 100 tier 9 pokes ez done but the story takes so much time and farming all the pokes in safari zone hard times... barely anyone "abused" this and the chances on a reroll were very low too i think if u actually invest so much time into something there should be a reward and the reward was only 25% if u manage to do it everyday for 7 days straight... not very op

Edited by Crucifixuz

finn.gif.d450244a79435b8983a25a5b72cff0b1.gif                 Youtube Channel xD                 cruci.gif.0344cffa73dea39fea2bd65a11f291ef.gif