Regarding bids from the opposite server (new trade rules)

Norex

Hey, I would like to suggest to revert the recently added trade rules or suggest to give some explanation on why these changes were made/added to get a better understanding for us players. Is it because of more moderation work for example? Would be nice to get some insights regarding that if possible.

If you dont know what trade rules I am talking about, I listed them below. It is basically about the prohibition of bids from another server.

So that basically means you are not allowed to bid on an Silver auction if you are a Gold player and the other way around. You are not allowed to bid on the auction and transfer later if you win the auction, your bid will just be invalid since you broke the trade rules.

These rules are bad for the market in general since sellers would get 0 bids from players from the opposite server like previously. Yes a seller could just use the Cross-Server-Subforum but then he is forced to transfer himself unless the buyer agrees to transfer himself but lets be honest why should he? A buyer would need to transfer to the opposite server before doing the bid and if he gets outbid he transfered for no reason.

These changes split appart both servers markets and make the transfer option less viable.

grafik.png.c05e48e7faf32c4cce958cb25c764413.png

Source: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/29538-forums-and-in-game-general-trade-rules/

grafik.png.3513fde444868f740699a4b1af5026c6.png

Source: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/119709-forums-and-in-game-auction-rules/

• Like 5

+1

It probably came into implementation due to fake bids/forced trade cross server issue. (That's just my opinion because it sounds reasonable.) 

I agree upon the part, that, the changes should be reverted for good along with some vital moderation guidelines/steps/actions to avoid such problems like fake bids or backing out at the last moment. 

Yeah, those rules do tie up and struggle everything. Trading in pro is a burden and you need a master degree to follow them all.

I agree with you that especially those rules you mentioned make no sense. What is missing is that we get a personal trade inspector for every trade we do, who checks everything we do and mutes us when we didnt say bye.

Edited by Bash
  • Like 1

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

The rule has been made to avoid players abusing a free transfer, e.g not moving and waiting for the Pokémon to be forced. Its been put in the rules because they felt the need to abuse it in the past. I understand it limits players but removing it will limit us in making auctions fair for the players who got trolled/fake offered by a player. With this rule we can prevent that right away, without it we can not.  We will, however, discuss a change and see what we can do when someone does try to abuse it, to keep the market alive and fair for both servers. 

• Like 1

20210407_201806.gif

If you have to

1 hour ago, Hawluchaa said:

The rule has been made to avoid players abusing a free transfer, e.g not moving and waiting for the Pokémon to be forced. Its been put in the rules because they felt the need to abuse it in the past. I understand it limits players but removing it will limit us in making auctions fair for the players who got trolled/fake offered by a player. With this rule we can prevent that right away, without it we can not.  We will, however, discuss a change and see what we can do when someone does try to abuse it, to keep the market alive and fair for both servers. 

I mean, how long do they not move? I can't believe people would not log-in for 2 weeks just to wait for a forced trade. And even when you have to froce trade those ppl on different servers, you can take a cc or 450k from their accounts (the highest possible price a cc costs atm + a bit extra e.g).
It's sad when a very few people are the issue to make trades much worse for everyone. I dont believe that there is no relative simple way you can punish this abuser without making such clearly not relative simple rules.
Please punsih the abusers and not the whole community if its possible.

We gladly help you to find better rules. If this, what you explained, is the only way people abused the old trade rules, I dont understand why you can not enforce the above explained. And if this doesnt work for reasons you would explain, Im sure we find a other way.
Let us be part of finding the solution.

• Like 2

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

+1. You should be able to bid even if you're on the opposite server in my opinion; imagine moving from gold to silver to participate an auction and not winning it. I also understand it's frustrating dealing with fake offers, for both staff and sellers; the first solution it comes to mind is a more sever punishment (ban?) to discourage the abusers. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 7:14 PM, Hawluchaa said:

Discord_2021-06-06_23-54-11.png.e502635ebf4269a796baf095bdd79c73.png

What about the other rules?

Picture

TP4L

On 6/6/2021 at 11:55 PM, Bash said:

Discord_2021-06-06_23-54-11.png.e502635ebf4269a796baf095bdd79c73.png

What about the other rules?

List them again please 

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.