Draw request

Zea

Personally I think the draw command ingame should be permanently removed or replaced with something that can be used by players which they couldn’t abuse .

The system should automatically not allow guildmates and / or friends to battle against each other .

There should be a clause that makes the Ranked PvP Match result in a tie if 1000 turns is reached .

D3F0CAAB-D18D-4AB3-B957-BD81D5609039.jpeg.d3450f9bec77205db1031399edcd1e45.jpeg
A61EE3BB-8A5D-4D5D-BDBC-9591A5174C0D.jpeg.5e8bd27f03883490aa05598498c7d8ab.jpeg

D5444797-7094-4C88-B9ED-CBE7C1F9B31B.jpeg.111e335d97b4a0711e789e0c20e0a818.jpeg

Pros

draw request isn’t needed or wanted from the party which is losing if Matches goes on for few hours and / or 1000 turns ( as it should be in the first place , if they feel they’re losing , users can always surrender to not waste time if they’re gonna inevitably lose , sending a draw request just seems desperate to keep ratings , in the hopes that the other user clicks it ) .

Lessen boosting from guildmates / and or friends .

surrender will be used instead if users want to end battle . 

cons :SquirtleShy: 

Edited by Zea

Clicking no isn't really the solution, if you're in an endless switch stall, with neither party attacking, as was seen recently by the 6 or 7 hour pvp match that was streamed in pro discord, and my guild discord. The deciding factor of that game, was the connection to the server of the other player. Neither seemed like they wanted to draw, nor surrender, so in an endless match like that, where neither party is attacking, what's the point of having the game continue, to the point that it's decided based on who's internet goes first. Yes this is still mostly seen by stall vs stall matchups, but just because people hate on stall, doesn't mean that stall players should be ridiculed the same way. 

For me, +1 to removing draw, and replacing with a limit, and the guildmate/friend clause. Personally, i have also experienced a few times where players in an inevitable loss situation, will try to prompt me into a draw, so that they don't loose rating. Yes again you can click no, however it just demonstrates poor sportsmanship in the moment. The player doesn't want to honor the fact that you beat them, feels cheated, etc. and wants not to lose rating.

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

14 minutes ago, g3n3r4l said:

Clicking no isn't really the solution, if you're in an endless switch stall, with neither party attacking, as was seen recently by the 6 or 7 hour pvp match that was streamed in pro discord, and my guild discord. The deciding factor of that game, was the connection to the server of the other player. Neither seemed like they wanted to draw, nor surrender, so in an endless match like that, where neither party is attacking, what's the point of having the game continue, to the point that it's decided based on who's internet goes first. Yes this is still mostly seen by stall vs stall matchups, but just because people hate on stall, doesn't mean that stall players should be ridiculed the same way. 

For me, +1 to removing draw, and replacing with a limit, and the guildmate/friend clause. Personally, i have also experienced a few times where players in an inevitable loss situation, will try to prompt me into a draw, so that they don't loose rating. Yes again you can click no, however it just demonstrates poor sportsmanship in the moment. The player doesn't want to honor the fact that you beat them, feels cheated, etc. and wants not to lose rating.

correct me if im wrong but isn't endless battle clause a thing and reportable?? and anyways why remove the draw button to add a turn limit? just add the limit keep the draw no problem.

yea u can say its poor sportsmanship more desperate imo but like removing draw isnt gonna make a salty player less salty lol perhaps theyd be more inclined to take it to battle chat which is a place that doesnt need anymore salt than it has already. and with stall users i think draw is a blessing when u matchup with another stall team its great when both parties just agree they dont want to sit through the battle and still keep rts. I do agree with the guildmate thing so we dont have to use q and g and stuff etc. 

2 hours ago, Lolking780 said:

correct me if im wrong but isn't endless battle clause a thing and reportable?? and anyways why remove the draw button to add a turn limit? just add the limit keep the draw no problem.

yea u can say its poor sportsmanship more desperate imo but like removing draw isnt gonna make a salty player less salty lol perhaps theyd be more inclined to take it to battle chat which is a place that doesnt need anymore salt than it has already. and with stall users i think draw is a blessing when u matchup with another stall team its great when both parties just agree they dont want to sit through the battle and still keep rts. I do agree with the guildmate thing so we dont have to use q and g and stuff etc. 

Endless battle clause is a thing on showdown, as seen in the pvp rules, it's not a thing here. so to put it bluntly, yes you are wrong. which means long battles are perfectly fine, as we don't have a turn limit. pp stall/switch stalling is a thing, but in many situations there is an end goal to it, which deters the point of the stall, and rather just says it's the game plan. and it also requires video evidence, which a lot of players won't bother to take.

the reason draw is bad is because most players won't accept a draw unless forced to do so. that's why, unless you come across a guildmate, or a friend in pvp, most, if not all, won't draw. there's no point for them, rating is rating, and you want the most of it. And i mean yea, not removing draw is perfectly fine as well, it would just remain less used anyways, how would it make a salty player less salty, it would make them more mad if anything, if it comes down to rng, the guy feels cheated out of a win, yea he'd send a draw request, then what, it gets denied, why, because the other guy wants rating. as a result, he gets more upset. and yea as i said it's mostly common in stall vs stall matchups, where neither player is interested enough to play out the million turn game.

Edited by g3n3r4l

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

lol i dont pvp much but i only get the draw request if the other has 100% lost so yeah i'd remove kek. but in terms of stall vs stall shouldnt teams have measures to take down other stall teams rather than just 6 anti offense mons or would that just ruin the team? but meh i think people should just play to finish and the guy who loses can always just surrend. so +1 from me i geuss although there can be some matches where the request saves alot of time

• Developer

Hey @Zea

first of all thank you for your suggestion.

With the next new server version the pvp battle ends in a tie when the battle reach 1000 battle turns.

None wants 6 hour matches and that's how it works on cartridge and showdown.

Also, the battle turns will be displayed in the battle message now.

• Like 4