Clone Castle - Mewtwo Quest

666g0d999

Hi,

I was wondering about this for a while now, so I thought I'll post it here and see if anybody else likes the idea.

It would be really cool if we could get a SMALL new map based on the location in the first pokemon movie.

1200px-New_Island.png

This could serve as the prime location for Mewtwo to be catchable, but also as a new clone pokemon spot, similar to Pinkan Island.

On this map all original Kanto pokemon are catchable, with the slight chance of getting a clone version. For now we only have clone starters, but with time more and more could be added.

I'm not expecting all of them to be catchable from the beginning, also I wouldn't expect to catch fully evolved mons like let's say Dragonite. Just the base evos. You could even add newer generations. It could also serve as a money sink by making it cost to travel there.

The Quest for Mewtwo could lightly be based on the actual movie, which would make the story-writing easier compared to creating an entire story yourself. I would even be willing to help with that if this becomes considered a real thing. For now I'm just interested if anybody else likes this idea. 🙂

Edited by 666G0D999

I believe minibosses being catchable such as mewtwo, was already addressed beforehand, i don't recall where exactly, might've just been in the discord, but as i recall it was just said that it wouldn't be happening for whatever reason. I like the idea of it though, including some of the movie locations into the game, i just don't think it would end up being for mewtwo.

• Like 1

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

Yeah I heard something similar in the past, but now that we have mega pokemon, I really don't see why we shouldn't be able to have Metwo, Lugia etc. There is always the option to PVP ban them and let's be honest, bosses are already easy as they are. Mewtwo wouldn't change that.

2 hours ago, 666G0D999 said:

Yeah I heard something similar in the past, but now that we have mega pokemon, I really don't see why we shouldn't be able to have Metwo, Lugia etc. There is always the option to PVP ban them and let's be honest, bosses are already easy as they are. Mewtwo wouldn't change that.

you misunderstood what i said, i didn't say that it's now possible since we have mega pokemon, pokes like lugia and mewtwo probably won't be allowed in pvp anyways, what i'm saying is that those pokemon are already in the game, in form of miniboss npc's, if it was hard to switch them up to be made catchable, then how much would that change now. just because mega pokemon are in the game, doesn't change the lines of code for other things

4 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

you misunderstood what i said, i didn't say that it's now possible since we have mega pokemon, pokes like lugia and mewtwo probably won't be allowed in pvp anyways, what i'm saying is that those pokemon are already in the game, in form of miniboss npc's, if it was hard to switch them up to be made catchable, then how much would that change now. just because mega pokemon are in the game, doesn't change the lines of code for other things

But that makes even less sense. There haven't been mini-bosses for long and they can easily be removed from their dedicated spots. The main reason I heard Mewtwo would never be allowed (granted this was years ago from staff), is because he is too overpowered. That's why I mentioned mega pokemon.

Sorry, but removing the mini-bosses is not hard coding-wise. Creating the concept I talked about will take some work, but not getting rid of the current "structure" if you can even call it that. Also, I don't see why the mini-bosses couldn't just stay at their original places. It's not like they give amazing loot. So having mewtwo catchable somewhere else really isn't a deal breaker.

Edited by 666G0D999

6 hours ago, 666G0D999 said:

There haven't been mini-bosses for long

after some research, about 2017 is when mewtwo showed up, so yea, pretty long

6 hours ago, 666G0D999 said:

removing the mini-bosses is not hard coding-wise.

i mean from the perspective of a player, it's annoying content wise, it's free loot. yea they're really easy to kill, you just click destiny bond once and be done with it, but still, rewards are rewards, and considering the simplicity of it, not bad ones. (especially nowadays considering you get rare candies from those)

I mean hey, to be fair, overall, i don't mind if we get mewtwo or not, just for me, it's like you said, too op. yea sure completing the pokedex and whatnot and we already have megas, etc etc, but mewtwo was basically originaly designed to be the most powerful pokemon in existence, then they made arceus, but still. I think personally it would take away the aspect of the game that makes it interesting. yea we already have some OP legends in the game, but mewtwo just beats all of this. He would just shift the entire force of the game away from any other PvE pokemon, as we know he won't be allowed in PvP.

And also, i don't fully remember what the deal with the minibosses was, i'm just trying to remember what was said however much time ago it was

Are you sure it was in 2017? I'm pretty sure the mini-bosses as they are now (Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh) were added after the switch to Python.

Like I said before, then just remove them if the rewards are such a bad thing.

Sorry, but I really don't get it. Staff can walk around with a shiny Mewtwo, but we can't get it for no logical reason. PVE is already so easy, it doesn't matter if Mewtwo is used or not, so how would it take anything away that makes the game interesting? If it was implemented like suggested, it would be the opposite - meaning, interesting to a lot of players because it's new content. Also you can make the requirements hard like for Jirachi, that way not everybody can use it for bosses right away. There is really no reason anymore for it not being added to the game.

Edited by 666G0D999

4 hours ago, 666G0D999 said:

Are you sure it was in 2017?

in accordance to the wiki edits made in 2017 that show the first implementations of the "Interactable mewtwo miniboss", yes i am sure

4 hours ago, 666G0D999 said:

Like I said before, then just remove them if the rewards are such a bad thing.

the rewards aren't such a bad things though, as i said, it's free loot, can't complain for that. I feel like considering the game is out since late 2015, mewtwo being the best gen 1 legendary, would've been one of the first legendaries released, now, and again this might just be personal, i think it wouldn't make it fun if it were to be added. He's the stereotype overpowered pokemon, just because he's mewtwo. PvE will get mroe difficult again in the future, with stuff like an NPC update, because for now, everyone still just running around with the same teams. I think overall, if it were to be added, it would've been done a long time ago

I respect your opinion, but you don't make any sense to me. First you say you like the idea, then you say you wouldn't mind if he gets added but he won't, now you say it wouldn't make fun.

When in the future? You and I have no idea. They would include more A.I. Bosses but that's difficult for coding. A long time ago he WAS overpowered, because we didn't have mega pokemon and other legendaries - now he isn't overpowered in comparison. Again you make no sense. Adding mewtwo would literally change NOTHING except make people happy. Also I repeat, if the requirements are "hard" (like 1000 ingame hours, a certain quest like legendary birds, for example 100 psychic/dark gems required + a certain IV pokemon etc) then most people wouldn't even get him until late in game.

But it's okay bro, please let us stop discussing this. That wasn't my point. I was just wondering if people like the idea.

Edited by 666G0D999

Honestly I'm not sure either about whether a regular Mewtwo will be made catchable or not, however, I like the idea of a "clone spawn" map akin to Pinkan's "pink spawn".

I think the starters have to be specifically excluded from the map though. So that they still can release them (again) as limited time event in special occassion.

• Like 1