Guild option to toggle pvping against guild members.

Teerav

+1
All good points have been pointed in the previous points, just want to reinforce that having to wait 10 mins after a game for your guildie to find an game and then just to find another person was in the line waiting just makes it feel so unrewarding to pvp sometimes, on top of the fact that there is no elo rating system.

• Like 1

+1.

Understand it might be tricky to implement depending on how the game is coded, but if it's possible there is zero downside to implementing if it is offered as an option for guilds

There are numerous other benefits in addition to ones mentioned by others in this post.

Imagine this scenario:

Two guilds, and their players:

• Guild A
    • A1 rating: 400
    • A2 rating: 100
  • Guild B
    • B1 rating: 100
    • B2 rating: 400

A1 queues first in Guild A, and B1 queues first in Guild B

A2 and B2  must wait for A1 and B1 to match first, then they can queue.

Now you have two games:

• A1 vs B1  -  400 vs 100
  • A2 vs B2  -  100 vs 400

If all players can queue at the same time, the net result is players being more likely to match against a player with a similar rating. Now the system can match this:

• A1 vs B2  -  400 vs 400
  • A2 vs B1  -  100 vs 100

As far as I can tell, there is zero downside aside from the effort from the devs to implement.

I think most people would agree that they would prefer time is allocated to implementing both this and implementing a feature making it less likely to match same person twice, then they would new content. New content is great, but a matchmaking overhaul is I think of greater importance to the community.

edited to mirror Teerav's formatting to explain benefits

Edited by SchmittyT9

Just another amazing point from others that I did not think of in the OP; this will decrease queue times for all players and decrease the amount of repeated opponents. I'd like to explain this topic again for others that may still be struggling to understand why this would decrease queue times and decrease the repeat opponents.

Imagine a scenario where members from two different guilds (B and R) are all queuing. Three members from B want to queue (B1, B2, and B3) while two members from R want to queue (R1 and R2). B and R both enforce the q/g system. In this scenario, B1 and R1 will both queue each other while B2, B3, and R2 wait for B1 and R1 to match. Then B2 and R2 will queue while B3 waits for B2 to match. Then B3 will queue to find a match. In every case, there is only two players in queue at a time.

Now imagine the scenario above, except the request this thread is asking for is implemented. B1, B2, B3, R1, and R2 all queue at the same time. Only one may have to theoretically wait a bit longer for someone from outside the scenario to queue. However, B2, B3, and R2 have had their queue time dramatically decreased because they no longer have to wait on B1 or R1 to find a match. And the overall queue for players outside this scenario has improved because the amount of players added to this queue from this scenario increased from 2 to 5.

For coding nerds, if you tackle this scenario like you would with coding, you would always choose the latter because it is simply more efficient. The amount of players added to queue at a given time only increases with the amount of members above one per guild that are attempting to queue at any given time. At no point would implementing this feature decrease the amount of players in queue.

I imagine this type of functionality can only be added to PRO through a Developer, so I hope @Eatyor @Shaolancan take a moment to give their thoughts on the idea. As well as perhaps give an idea of where their would call on their personal priority list and update DEV to-do-list if its acceptable. I personally think the health of PvP is a huge factor for many of the active and vocal veteran community. And this change would be a direct and immediate impact and every PvP focused guild.

• Like 3
E6W75Tu.png

1 hour ago, teerav said:

Just another amazing point from others that I did not think of in the OP; this will decrease queue times for all players and decrease the amount of repeated opponents. I'd like to explain this topic again for others that may still be struggling to understand why this would decrease queue times and decrease the repeat opponents.

Imagine a scenario where members from two different guilds (B and R) are all queuing. Three members from B want to queue (B1, B2, and B3) while two members from R want to queue (R1 and R2). B and R both enforce the q/g system. In this scenario, B1 and R1 will both queue each other while B2, B3, and R2 wait for B1 and R1 to match. Then B2 and R2 will queue while B3 waits for B2 to match. Then B3 will queue to find a match. In every case, there is only two players in queue at a time.

Now imagine the scenario above, except the request this thread is asking for is implemented. B1, B2, B3, R1, and R2 all queue at the same time. Only one may have to theoretically wait a bit longer for someone from outside the scenario to queue. However, B2, B3, and R2 have had their queue time dramatically decreased because they no longer have to wait on B1 or R1 to find a match. And the overall queue for players outside this scenario has improved because the amount of players added to this queue from this scenario increased from 2 to 5.

For coding nerds, if you tackle this scenario like you would with coding, you would always choose the latter because it is simply more efficient. The amount of players added to queue at a given time only increases with the amount of members above one per guild that are attempting to queue at any given time. At no point would implementing this feature decrease the amount of players in queue.

I imagine this type of functionality can only be added to PRO through a Developer, so I hope @Eatyor @Shaolancan take a moment to give their thoughts on the idea. As well as perhaps give an idea of where their would call on their personal priority list and update DEV to-do-list if its acceptable. I personally think the health of PvP is a huge factor for many of the active and vocal veteran community. And this change would be a direct and immediate impact and every PvP focused guild.

This is quite a nicely put summary of the dilema at hand. I really appreciate someone with more patience than me trying to make this happen for the community and I hope now that randbats is basically off the devs plate they could hopefully tackle this next.

LucarioSignature.gif.350c1b5461dad032ce9444ecf1edfdf8.gif

Check out my YOUTUBE if you like fun shenanigans:

https://www.youtube.com/c/McSchitter