[Tool] Online World Map Idea and Example (pre-Alpha) (UPDATE 19.06.2021)

Ctekk

I think it's a good idea. But how will updates be integrated? Like now, for example, with the new NPC Copycat Lamsie. There is a new NPC in every city. Wouldn't all maps then have to be adjusted? What if spawns change, like now with the spawn update? In any case, it is a huge task to integrate all the maps there.

Discord: Marksman1303

I just see it as a frustrating work - once you finished adding everything, staff will change stuff and maybe its not particulary mentioned in the update logs and you are not sure anymore if the data is correct. I see that happen with bosses for example. When added the boss data first to the PRO Wiki, the sets where to 100% correct, now you see often differences. Im not sure if its worth all the time and work.

Else its ofc a great source for information for anyone once finished and I highly respect your project.

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

19 hours ago, Marksman1303 said:

I think it's a good idea. But how will updates be integrated? Like now, for example, with the new NPC Copycat Lamsie. There is a new NPC in every city. Wouldn't all maps then have to be adjusted? What if spawns change, like now with the spawn update? In any case, it is a huge task to integrate all the maps there.

Yea if the maps changes it has to be adjusted. But if it is only a small change, like a new npc, it can be done quite fast because I have the hole map and only have to change a small part of it.

18 hours ago, Bash said:

I just see it as a frustrating work - once you finished adding everything, staff will change stuff and maybe its not particulary mentioned in the update logs and you are not sure anymore if the data is correct. I see that happen with bosses for example. When added the boss data first to the PRO Wiki, the sets where to 100% correct, now you see often differences. Im not sure if its worth all the time and work.

Else its ofc a great source for information for anyone once finished and I highly respect your project.

It can be sure, maybe I need then a report function so that the community can help out if data has changed.