[Tool] Online World Map Idea and Example (pre-Alpha) (UPDATE 19.06.2021)

Ctekk

Hi everyone,

in 2016 I started with PRO and it was fun, as Pokémon was back in the 90s.

Back then I had an Idea of an Online Web-Browser Map where you can navigate through the maps and see what Pokémon are on there, maybe items what NPC and there Pokémon etc. I am a Software Developer myself but more on the Backend side with Databases and API's not so much with UX/UI. I tried back then to create something, but unfortunately I quit playing, and the Idea was gone.

Now I enjoy playing Pokémon more and more again. But the big Problem I don't know the new Map's very well (Hoenn/Sinnoh) and the idea of an online map came pack.

So here is my Idea its more visual and only a small local Project so way off of a finished version and what it could be. But let me know what you think:

https://ibb.co/jWMZ9Y5

https://ibb.co/XWDVRyz

A short explanation the colored boxes serve as navigation. The right side is intended for Pokemon in the zone, NPC and possibly items or headbut.

The big Problem with this Project is to get the Maps because I have to make a lot of screenshots and merch them together. Which would be a big turn off in the long run.

UPDATE (19.06.2021)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SoFwT_U9uw

LG CTekk

Edited by CTekk
  • Checked/Done 1

Back in the days we had the staff view option which is disabled now for normal users. Maybe you cam ask if you could have a temp. staff account to use this staff view.
I merged some maps already for the Wiki and I can tell you that its no fun, even with staff view.

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

10 hours ago, Bash said:

Back in the days we had the staff view option which is disabled now for normal users. Maybe you cam ask if you could have a temp. staff account to use this staff view.
I merged some maps already for the Wiki and I can tell you that its no fun, even with staff view.

Yea i can see that plus you have to w8 for the right time ingame or you have all night maps 🙂

31 minutes ago, CTekk said:

Yea i can see that plus you have to w8 for the right time ingame or you have all night maps 🙂

actually you can bypass this with lighting settings in game, you can remove the changes and then it will stay as default day time settings

otherwise said gl with the maps

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

31 minutes ago, CTekk said:

actually you can bypass this with lighting settings in game, you can remove the changes and then it will stay as default day time settings

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

10 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

Ah that's good to know, I didn't even notice it in the settings.

• Ctekk changed the title to [Tool] Online World Map Idea and Example (pre-Alpha) (UPDATE 19.06.2021)