An error message during the swampter mega quest

Moethchdn

Dear Moderator(s), 

I had just "completed" the mega-swampert quest, after defeating the shiny Spiritomb (as you can see from the first screenshot, my swampter doesn't have much life left but still alive : that means I won the fight). So, according to the different guides available, I was supposed to go back to the "cursed Keystone Grotto" to get my mega stone but instead I got this error message asking me to alert the staff team (screenshot 1). 

After passing this error-message, I tried to talk to the Spiritomb again (I thought it would make me leave the area as I had beaten it) but finally it restarted the fight. The problem, in addition to the previous bug, is that, as you can see from the second screenshot, I can't even make my Swampert mega-evolve anymore like I'm supposed to during this final battle and like i did in the earlier fight (and so it's not possible anymore to beat it, except if I hope for a critical hit). 

So for the moment I'm stuck in the "spiritomb soul" area. 

According to the in-game message I'm posting here. 

Best regards, 

Moeth

screenshot 1 .png

screenshot 2.png

Edited by Moethchdn
More precisions

3 hours ago, Moethchdn said:

Dear Moderator(s), 

I had just completed the mega swampert quest, after defeating the shiny spiritomb (as you can see from the first screenshot, my swampter doesn't have much life left but still alive : that means I won the fight). So I was supposed to go back to the "cursed Keystone Grotto" to get my mega stone but instead I got this error message asking me to alert the staff. 

After this message, I tried to talk to the spiritomb again (I thought it would make me leave the area as I had beaten it) but finally it restarted the fight. The problem, in addition to the previous bug, is that I can't even mega-evolve the swampert anymore as you can see from the second screenshot (and so it's not possible to beat him, except if I hope for a critical hit)

So for the moment I'm stuck in the "spiritomb soul" area (at least, I think because I logged out). 

According to the in-game message I'm posting here. 

Best regards, 

Hey there!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
I've forwarded this issue to the corresponding staff team.
I'll reply once I have an answer.

Kind regards,
Exotyc

20210327_164619.gif.f1ca1cea8a9d78e45a12587c95d40570.gif

【 General Support ✘ Bug Resolution CenterComplaints Area ✘ Report Center 】

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

Hi Moethchdn,

This is a difficult situation, since a specific and very important line of code is no longer working. Simply returning you to the main world is not an option, since you will not only lose most of your items, but also return with the temporary Pokemon created for the quest. I've created a temporary solution, but this will need further manual assistance from us.

The quest should be able to continue as normal, so you have two options: Either you just leave, or you attempt the final battle again (You will be healed before the fight). In either case, you will end up in a temporary map called "Spiritomb Soul Underwater". Once you arrive there, please contact us again so that we can manually finalize the necessary modifications and return you to the main world.

Best regards, 

Shizeria

Dear Shizeria, 

Thank you very much for handling this problem 😄

I have some questions before choosing one of the options. 
1/ If I chose to leave the area, will I get the mega stone (because I still beat the boss [the shiny Spiritomb])? 
2/ If I chose to try the final battle again (and to be honest with you I don't really want to, first because I've already done it and i feel a little bit annoyed by the current situation, second because it's heavily based on RNG) : what happened if I lose ? 
     Furthermore  : will my previous attempts be taken into account in the total number of attempts allowed for this battle, and more specifically the one during which I was victim of a bug ? 

Best regards, 

Moeth 

No, unfortunately, no variable was modified after the battle, meaning that leaving is synonym to giving up. Fortunately, this also means that you did not lose any retry, so if you had any retry remaining, you will be able to try again multiple times even if RNG does not favor you.

Best regards,

Shizeria

• Like 1

Dear Shizeria, 

I - of course - chose the option to stay in the area "spiritomb souland fight the boss again. Now, I'm in "Spiritomb Soul Underwater" after defeating the shiny Spiritomb (as you can see from the two screenshots). 

If it helps, I noticed something different in this last fight against the shiny Spiritomb. This time, it was only using the attack "infestation", as explained in the available quest guides. 

During the first fight I won, the shiny Spiritomb was also using the move "wonder room" (in addition to "infestation"), which made things a little more complicated. I was surprised when I saw it using this attack (wonder room), while on the tutorial videos of the quest it only used "infestation". I had to adjust the strategy to win (which was not very difficult but a little surprising).

I don't know if the fact that it uses "wonder room" has been intentionally programmed to make the fight a bit more difficult or if it's a problem (or part of the bug). 

Best regards, 

Moeth

Capture d’écran 2021-06-12 à 08.22.30.png

Capture d’écran 2021-06-12 à 08.23.17.png

Edited by Moethchdn

6 hours ago, Moethchdn said:

Dear Shizeria, 

I - of course - chose the option to stay in the area "spiritomb souland fight the boss again. Now, I'm in "Spiritomb Soul Underwater" after defeating the shiny Spiritomb (as you can see from the two screenshots). 

If it helps, I noticed something different in this last fight against the shiny Spiritomb. This time, it was only using the attack "infestation", as explained in the available quest guides. 

During the first fight I won, the shiny Spiritomb was also using the move "wonder room" (in addition to "infestation"), which made things a little more complicated. I was surprised when I saw it using this attack (wonder room), while on the tutorial videos of the quest it only used "infestation". I had to adjust the strategy to win (which was not very difficult but a little surprising).

I don't know if the fact that it uses "wonder room" has been intentionally programmed to make the fight a bit more difficult or if it's a problem (or part of the bug). 

Best regards, 

Moeth

Hello again.
Could you give me a time when you will be online?
I cannot teleport you back when you are offline because the current command does not work properly.

11 minutes ago, Moethchdn said:

Hi @Exotyc

I'm online at that moment 

Thank you 

Teleported back.
I'll lock this thread as resolved now.
If you have any issues in the future, make sure to let us know.
Have a nice day!