Delete account option

Eth4rnal

Good day to everyone.

As why I'm here today, I would like to suggest a "delete account option" add to the dashboard.

My reason is I have a sub account that I don't want to use because I don't like the character setting and name (name changing price is to expensive) that I don't mind to start over if I have to.

Other reason that would support my idea is for those player that already have 4 account and want to create another new run (to feel the nostalgia again or other reason) but they wouldn't be able to  since PRO rules prohibited you for having more than 4 accounts (which I strongly support). 

But in the end this is just my suggestion. Cheers everyone.

Unstoppable Sweeper vs Immovable Stall, Who Win?

I believe the main reason account deletion is that there's not a comfortable way to do that that doesn't require a lot of time per account, which is a quote from the admin in the discord. 

Personally, i think it's a bad idea, depending on the case. If someone wants their account deleted because they don't intend to play the game anymore, and want their whole data cleared, sure, that's understandable. If someone wants their data cleared so that they can start over, no. This would become easily abusable, and can have a lot of bad effects, especially when it comes to starters. You can just delete your account if you get a bad one, then make another and just use it as a reroll for whichever starter. Overall i don't like the idea unless there would be a way to monitor it, or control it, but that would just make a lot more work for staff.

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

3 minutes ago, g3n3r4l said:

I believe the main reason account deletion is that there's not a comfortable way to do that that doesn't require a lot of time per account, which is a quote from the admin in the discord. 

Personally, i think it's a bad idea, depending on the case. If someone wants their account deleted because they don't intend to play the game anymore, and want their whole data cleared, sure, that's understandable. If someone wants their data cleared so that they can start over, no. This would become easily abusable, and can have a lot of bad effects, especially when it comes to starters. You can just delete your account if you get a bad one, then make another and just use it as a reroll for whichever starter. Overall i don't like the idea unless there would be a way to monitor it, or control it, but that would just make a lot more work for staff.

1. in term of rerolling starter, this only works for 1st region only and tbh the opening scene before we can pick a starter is too long to even consider a rerolling just because of bad starter. other than maybe shiny reroll, maybe staff can make it shiny lock on starter pick.  

2. (Idk if this rule/process still applies) I didnt add this on my main point but i also believe, it better if we have the deletion option to delete the account by player's decision. means they wouldnt have to worry that their account will be delete by staff after a certain inactive  date has been met. If the player leave for good they will delete their account by themself. By this I think it will provide less work for staff as they dont need to be monitoring inactive account.

Unstoppable Sweeper vs Immovable Stall, Who Win?

31 minutes ago, Eth4rnal said:

1. in term of rerolling starter, this only works for 1st region only and tbh the opening scene before we can pick a starter is too long to even consider a rerolling just because of bad starter. other than maybe shiny reroll, maybe staff can make it shiny lock on starter pick.  

first region, being the one with the important ones. I can almost guarantee that a starter of high quality from kanto, being Charizard, Venusaur, or Blastoise, is worth more than one from any other region. Save for maybe Swampert, for a rain team. So either way, first region is the one that matters. And while you may think that it's long, what's longer, hunting a Charmander in Cinnabar Mansion, or walking through that area quickly.

33 minutes ago, Eth4rnal said:

2. (Idk if this rule/process still applies) I didnt add this on my main point but i also believe, it better if we have the deletion option to delete the account by player's decision. means they wouldnt have to worry that their account will be delete by staff after a certain inactive  date has been met. If the player leave for good they will delete their account by themself. By this I think it will provide less work for staff as they dont need to be monitoring inactive account.

I mean yea the player decides if they want their account deleted, right now however, it's the staff that are the ones that have to delete it, because there's no way for players to, and right now, as i quoted, is that there's no easy way for the staff to do it either. Obviously it would be better if there were no need for staff assistance with it. And the other thing, players might not necessarily want to delete their account if they leave the game. I mean, players that already left the game and we don't know if they plan on coming back, won't know about this account deletion, so their accounts would still be in the game anyways.

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

On 6/21/2021 at 8:07 AM, g3n3r4l said:

first region, being the one with the important ones. I can almost guarantee that a starter of high quality from kanto, being Charizard, Venusaur, or Blastoise, is worth more than one from any other region. Save for maybe Swampert, for a rain team. So either way, first region is the one that matters. And while you may think that it's long, what's longer, hunting a Charmander in Cinnabar Mansion, or walking through that area quickly.

You cannot sync starters, so Cinnabar Mansion is still faster. There is no way this suggestion would break the economy and if you are still worried, limit it to once per week or so.

I don't think this will occur due to one specific reason.

Account deletions are hard on the server as it's not something modular where you can take one thing out and not have anything falling apart.

It's the reason why name changes are expensive. Just like account deletions. name changes are also hard on the server. You need to be reminded that it's not just only your name being changed, but your Pokemon and data that affects you and other users.

There also the many other underlying factors as well, but I feel the points above are mainly the major.

Edited due to this sound better in my head then me typing it out...

Edited by Piinetree

Former Trade ModeratorFormer Moderator Team Lead

General Support  PRO Official Discord  Ban & Mute Appeal  Bug Resolution Center  Suggestions  Game Guidance

Please take the time to review the forums before looking for guidance. If you find your answer, make sure to share your knowledge to other users to help the community.

Do not send unsolicited messages to official staff members!