Lets talk together about Staff & Player relationship !

Shinohara

Hi there 

i think we all agreed that we are here to have fun and at the same time we want healthy community 

the relationship between the players and staffs are part of this community so you must chose your staffs carefully

my suggestion to you is making evaluation that allow us to evaluate the staffs every month in the end of every season 

and the one who get a low rate should be replaced .. you have to make balance between the staffs and the players but in fact you dont 

you just gave the staffs the power to do every thing they want without the ability to make an objection and btw your hole appeal system need to changed so we can have a fair discussion .. otherwise the problems between players and staffs will stay the same or maybe will get worse in future   

• Like 4

Hi , I hope you all are fine ...

Recently 1 month ago I got perma ban . I  didnot did anything they gave me "RMT investigation" reason   but I didnot did and they banned me for 1 month that appeal take 1 month totally ? Seriously without proper investigation you are banning innocent ppl ? And I know mod are human and they have thier real life but taking 1 month for one appeal ? If u can't handel that case or you are busy can't you transfer your case to other mod ?  I spend  and waste my time in appeal and it's make me  low interest in pro 

Ty

Regards

Madhavxdark

Edited by MadhavXDark
  • Like 1
  • Checked/Done 1

Even if it happened to me in the past to be sometimes aggressive towards certain staff members, I will remain objective, impartial in my argument.

Even if I think that staff members invest a lot of time in their tasks, I think that it is badly distributed, and sometimes for things that do not make sense or do not go in the direction of the players.

4 argued examples:

1)      Summer tournament 2020. I really enjoyed the one in 2019 (the first and only one in which I participated), it allowed me to meet lots of players and sometimes to advise or be advised in PvP. I expected to participate in the 2020 one. In this regard, announcements had been made on this subject for the registrations for the 2020 tournament. Then, radio silence, no more news or much too late.

I think a lot of time was invested to get the mega released in time for this tournament. However, we played for years without a mega, so I don't think it was dramatic if we have summer tournament without the mega. Strictly speaking, a winter tournament could have been proposed to play with the new megas.

The summer tournament seemed like a tradition to me, an event that only happens once every year.

To sump up with this example:

·         The staff missed his communication by opening the registrations and then leaving the players in artistic vagueness.

·         Then the time invested on the megas did not benefit the players who wanted to participate in the summer tournament. Personally, I am disappointed not to have been able to compete in the summer tournament, especially since there was no reason to cancel it. It pissed me off.

2)      Jet ski speed / Surf mounts. It is the perfect example which proves the dysfunctions between staff and players.

First, we nerfed jetski. One day later after received many complaints, you have decided to reimburse players for a coin capsule for those who no longer wish to use this surf mount. The reimbursement was a good thing, but really to late (one day is really too late… ). Indeed, some players decided to sell their jetski at prices divided by 2 to 3 the original value.

Second, for a very long time you did not explain why you made this decision to nerf the speed of the jetski. Then you explained why you nerfed Jetski, for more diversity, totally understandable

Third, I think this decision was the worst to take. 4 options were available to you:

- nerf the jetski and reimburse players with a coin capsule and improve the speed of other surf mounts (but these don't go as fast as the jetski)

- increase the speed of the surf mounts to the same speed as the Jetski and reimburse the players with a coin capsule for the players who no longer want their Jetski.

- reimburse the players with a coin capsule for players who no longer want their Jetski and put the price of the jetskis at the same price as the other surf mounts in the shop.

You took the worst decision.

Fourth, I decided to make a suggestion about this topic. No one answered me. So I decided to make my suggestion in a popular and debated thread, where I was obviously off topic and was more likely to get an answer. Walross clearly told me that I was off topic (which was true). He explained to me that the subject was closed and that it was not worth discussing it any longer. It doesn't seem to me to be an attitude of dialogue between players and staff.

This attitude and decision to nerf the speed of the Jetski that makes no sense pissed me off once again.

3)      Guild tournament. Although this tournament is a first, in my opinion there has been a lack of organization and a total ignorance of the players who want to finish the tournament. We waited too long for nothing. Instability of the servers is not a valid apology, there were easier ways to end this tournament quickly. No needs to mention the delays caused by some teams who easily took their time between each round. 4-5 rounds gap between the winner and loser bracket…

To sum up, this tournament revealed several things:

-          a lack of organization

-          poor communication

-          ignorance of the players on the part of some members of the staff who probably considered that the players were not important.

-          apparent conflicts between staff members

4)      Respect. I already feel the mockery coming about this subject, especially when this remark comes from me. I tried many ways to discuss with staff:

·         calm and constructed

·         aggressive and constructed (I tried the aggressivity when I’m really pissed off about attitude and decisions of staff)

·         comical

Before being aggressive, some staff members have missed and perhaps lack respect to the players. I think it's important to name people so I'll give some names.

For example, I spoke to logan about Predators Guild Drama about the power in this guild via discord. The first sentence I received from LOGAN is: “Should I ban you?”.

I'm not a child, and I think there is a better way to express yourself, including starting by saying “hello “and not being contemptuous towards players.

I don’t have personal problem with Prehax / Qeight / Felix, but I saw that some of his answers are both contemptuous of the players and the staff members. When I saw thread from Prehax, I have the feeling that the staff do not shake one of them and he’s the only ones able to do something, a kind of superhero or savior, I do not like this behavior. He disrespects some players when they try to make some suggestions without being aggressive and get censored because it does not go in his opinion.

If we read my post, don’t be upset, I tried to be as impartial as possible. I pointed out the dysfunctions, but I know that there is a desire to do well among certain members of the staff. Do not consider my post as criticism aimed at overwhelming the staff.

My english is bad. If you want more explanations, feel free to contact me

Edited by CosaNostra
  • Like 6

• Developer
23 minutes ago, CosaNostra said:

2)      Jet ski speed / Surf mounts. It is the perfect example which proves the dysfunctions between staff and players.

First, we nerfed jetski. One day later after received many complaints, you have decided to reimburse players for a coin capsule for those who no longer wish to use this surf mount. The reimbursement was a good thing, but really to late (one day is really too late… ). Indeed, some players decided to sell their jetski at prices divided by 2 to 3 the original value.

Second, for a very long time you did not explain why you made this decision to nerf the speed of the jetski. Then you explained why you nerfed Jetski, for more diversity, totally understandable

Third, I think this decision was the worst to take. 4 options were available to you:

- nerf the jetski and reimburse players with a coin capsule and improve the speed of other surf mounts (but these don't go as fast as the jetski)

- increase the speed of the surf mounts to the same speed as the Jetski and reimburse the players with a coin capsule for the players who no longer want their Jetski.

- reimburse the players with a coin capsule for players who no longer want their Jetski and put the price of the jetskis at the same price as the other surf mounts in the shop.

You took the worst decision.

Fourth, I decided to make a suggestion about this topic. No one answered me. So I decided to make my suggestion in a popular and debated thread, where I was obviously off topic and was more likely to get an answer. Walross clearly told me that I was off topic (which was true). He explained to me that the subject was closed and that it was not worth discussing it any longer. It doesn't seem to me to be an attitude of dialogue between players and staff.

This attitude and decision to nerf the speed of the Jetski that makes no sense pissed me off once again.

Heyho, the other points will certainly be answered by Keita or other staffs.

I would like to concentrate on the second point first, because I do not want to leave it as it is.

As you mentioned, I nerfed the speed of jet skis from 8 to 6, as all players used jet skis because of the speed and not the optics. That highly devalued all other surf mounts for literally no reason!

The other surf mounts had a speed of 4, which is the normal running speed, and therefore players only used jet skis.
I considered whether I should increase the speed of the surf mounts to 8, but the animations of some mounts looked very bad at this speed. That's why I nerfed the speed of jet skis from 8 to 6 and buffed that of every other mount from 4 to 6.

That's exactly how I announced it at the time.

Furthermore, it took a day to add the NPC to exchange a jet skis for a  CC because it had to be tested first.

It had nothing to do with the reaction from the community.

• Like 4

Another thing I forgot to mention is, most of the staff ingame (when they are online) spam trade/all chat full of warnings. Why isn't it possible for the staff to pm someone a warning? Sometimes it's like every 30 seconds you see warning message in trade.

Obviously telling people in trade chat isn't helping, because a lot of newer players either ignore it, don't understand it or aren't even reading chat until they post a question or price check in trade.

The most annoying part about this are regular typos and little stuff though. So often somebody says something like this: "Daamn!!" or "What???" and they get a warning for excessive letters. Like come on. Or when somebody obviously makes a typo, like posting only the letter "a" in trade chat. You can tell it was by mistake and some staff still think it's necessary to add to the offtopic with a warning.

It would be really cool if this could be fixed via PM to the player and a little more common sense.

Edited by 666G0D999
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 3:54 PM, Shinohara said:

• Moderation
    • Our stance toward a specific behaviour

It would be good to avoid harassing players by private messages on discord and threatening to ban them if they do not respond to you within 10 minutes of your message:

In my case he was a GM who is no longer in the staff now, I answered all his questions all day while being respectful but he came back to see me several hours later and it was dark at home so I was asleep I could not answer him right away, by connecting to discord I could see many notifications from him where he threatened to ban me if I did not answer him literally 10 minutes after he asked his question. from there he kept threatening to ban me if I didn't answer him within 5min.

It was really a really bad experience to go through this for several days it almost made me stop playing the game. I understand that a GM has to react quickly when there is a problem but we players have a life also we cannot be at your entire disposal for several days to answer your questions immediately, especially since I answered all his messages as soon as I saw them.

I don't know if this is usual with you or if it was just the person's method, but this kind of action is not pleasant for the players. Imagine being threatened with wasting your thousands of hours of farming multiple times just because you didn't immediately respond to a staff member's question via a private message on Discord that makes you lose all desire to play the game. I'm surely not the only person to have had this bad experience.

Kinds regards.

Edited by Gaidevoir
  • Haha 2

In every community, there are problematic people who tarnish by themselves the reputation of the whole community. The PRO staff member community is not an exception of this rule.

In my opinion, 99% of the staff members are making a really good job, taking the good decisions, are reactive and really cool with players. This is very important to say, most of you guy are really making a geat job.

BUT the 1% left drag down the staff reputation with their really contestable actions. And when I say 1%, I personnally have one person in mind. To not target toward a specific staffmember, I will not give names but let's use a nickname and call him "Mister P.".

Mister P. is hated by a large majority of PRO players. Power abusing, insulting, condescending comments against players etc... always playing with the limits. A lot of people are complaining about him. The bad behavior of Mister P. impacts the reputation of staff members.

So my question is simple : Why Mister P. is not fired yet ?

Suggestion :

If you have many complains about one specific staff member, make a democratic poll and let the PRO players take the decision.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, McSchitter said:

I think most of these I already understand except the discussion of suggestions. I think this is a very lacking area even if someone in staff is in charge of this.

1. I know for a fact that if anyone is in charge of it would have to be a GM or someone high up because I have never seen it. The only exception I could see is content scripters maybe look for content related suggestions but I just feel from expefience this is not the case.

2. There seems to be no reply in suggestion forums to well done posts and it drives a lot of frustration within the community about just being ignored. Recently, Wally answered to the issue of PvP queue problems that I pulled verbatum from forum suggestion thread and it was only finally getting him to talk to us randomly in our Discord did it seem this got looked at. 

While I am not a fan of just getting a reply that it will not be done/cannot be done and then just leave it at that, like I have had done to me years ago, it is better than silence.

3. The Q and A streams seem to have no correlation to the suggestion thread which I really wish it would. The streams just seem rather random to some extent I guess to answer topical questions but I think there is room to improve this all if we had more dedicated looks at the suggestion thread and actually hearing replies.

Staff Related Optional Point:

I think there are those in staff who do not really have a way to voice proper criticism or advice in a way that can actually help. We can argue all day whether I got ignored or not and if I just baby raged left staff over this but I really cannot necessarily blame Wally for not being able to know all the criticism and advice I have given necessarily with how busy he is and Discord just buries these topics. There seems to be channels kind of geared slightly for this but they seem either not really used or just not designed to properly engage us.

Hi there @McSchitter

I will address each one of your points separately, like you did, so it's easier for both of us.

1. Suggestions are something that are pretty much DEV-only things and absolutely not to GM. I would like to say Administration in general, but the knowledge of what's possible on PRO and what not, as well as the really detailed and complete to-do list of PRO (where those include adding non-existing features on client or server) is known only by DEVs.
    Yes, you can find a public to-do list of DEVs, but that serves more as a list of things the DEVs works now and will work in the future, h
    owever, none of us is able to know exactly what needs to be done in order to implement something.
    For example, to implement simple pokemon moves/ability in the game, but as well MEGAs, that you would think it's hard but not that much, took A LOT of work from DEVs exactly cause there is a lot of background work that needs to be done and that is not visible to anyone except DEVs.
    What players, and 99% of the staff, sees is pretty much the aesthetic part of the final result, however that part is probably less than 30% of the whole effective work that as required to reach that result.

DEVs actually check the Suggestion Area more than you can expect; they actually do it really frequently.
    What is lacking is definitely answers on those topics, not for all of them (see a lot replied by walros) but many of them for sure. A lot of threads are unreplied cause people just repeat the same request someone did like 2 months before and that had already received a reply. I don't think it's really good to leave people with no answers even in those cases, but I think that's something more fit for the Community Coordinator team (it's not one of their duties at the moment, so they did no mistake) and I will check with them about it in the following days so even people that suggested things that were already suggested and got an answer before can actually get informed about it.

However, giving how many people repeat the same suggestions, I think it's not entirely staff fault but as well players one for not doing a small research before even making their post.
    As for the things that didn't get an answer at all, we will clearly discuss it as well in order to have a sort of comfortable system both for the DEVs and players.

2. I think the first point cover this as well.

3. I think you are wrong regarding this. Q & A (question and answer) is something where someone (acting as interviewer) ask things and you answer to them.
    In a normal video you should prepare questions in advance, as you need to record it.
    However, during a live stream, you should focus on reading chat and effectively answers the questions that are asked to you in live.

I am not saying that we cannot make actually a Q&A in a video-format by preparing the questions in advance; what I am saying is that the format you have in mind is a Q&A but with a format that is not one for a livestream but rather a video.
    Could we do one in a video-format but in live? Yes, why not, but I don't think there was any error committed until now if the questions answered were the one made in the live chat. I think the important is having users asking questions (whatever passes on their mind) and staff answering them, and that's actually what's been done.

Good to point out that one of the first Q&A was organized by me in terms of questions, where I had prepared the questions before the  effective live and then Walross read the answers and added his part (obviously). However users (major part) were quite annoyed by the fact we were not answering chat one but focussing mainly on the one we had prepared in advance. 
    But yeah, there are no limits regarding that, so preparing questions in advance and making a thread about it is not something we are against.

4. Staff Related Questions regarding criticism
    I do actually totally disagree here, as it's exactly my role the one to handle the staff members in terms of how they feel inside a staff and if they have to voice out something.
    I always did my part and many, many, many people always came to me to talk and vent about something and we were able to find a solution together, or unfortunately there was no solution possible but at least that person had someone to rely on and talk with.

Obviously, there are also people that just close themselves within their groups. I had a small groups of 3 people within staff that rather than voicing out their problems and come to talk to me (or as well Red, or any Dev) just started trash-talking a lot of staff members in a small private group, ad that's just wrong.

Remember that what you have talked about is always a double-path/way/route thing. I can stretch out my hand toward someone in the best and kindest of the way, but if that person will refuse to take that and won't explain me why (despite me worrying and asking) then there is nothing that me, or anyone else, can do about it as I cannot force someone.

However, I got to say that a lot of people come to talk to me or I even go to them before they do (when I notice something is strange).
    Except rare cases as the one described above, I think people voice their opinions really well. But again, if people refuse to do that with anyone from the management team or admin team (I am probably the most fit as that's exactly my role, but if they go to their leader or anotehr admin I am really fine anyway as long as it helps in solving the issue) then there is not much we can do as that's a double-path/way/route thing as explained above.

Just to clarify, I also bump a post about it within the staff team sometimes that talks exactly about it (contacting proper people if you have a issue/concern or similar, as together we can find a solution or at least do our best to try it).

If you want to ask anything else, please feel free to do so and I will do my best, as you know, to help with that.
I don't mind if you do it here or in DM as we did before, whatever it's more comfortable for you.

- Keita

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others