Lets talk together about Staff & Player relationship !

Shinohara

2 hours ago, ShadowDanny said:

I think that or requires new conteudos, new regions and some special event tutors, such as belly drum or dragon dance. I suggest the addition of houses for the players to buy, a unique map and novo that submits those who defeat a certain boss tenham access, addition of a raid boss that everyone can face, and, when a certain number of players or defeat releases a calendar or something assim for the internal server

r/lostredditors 2.0

• Like 3

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

• Administrator
On 6/25/2021 at 12:23 AM, SainteBaguette said:

i'm a 2k +hours player and the fear of being punished (banned) because i said something a staff disliked it's bigger than my will to play.

Hi there Anny !

I will address only part of the question cause the other part was covered already here.

Regarding the 'being afraid' there's nothing to worry about, there is not a single staff member that will ban you only cause you dislike them.

All of our bans are properly logged on forum in a way that every single moderation staff member has access to them and therefore it's really easy to notice any power abuse. And when something is easy to find, people is not stupid to do that. Kinda like trying to rob a bank when there are 4 cops inside, it might happen rarely but it's literally easy to find and take action.

To make you an example on how our logs are structured, I will add here below a screenshot:

image.png

From here you can see that we have Username, Server user was banned in, The date it happened, the Reason, The evidence (the 'click here' open the image or video), and then the appeal (link the appeal + marking if it was successful or not).

So, as said above, you can avoid worrying about getting punishment without reason or just cause people dislike you or you write something to a staff cause you dislike them.

Another concern, but also a suggestion would be, don't let staff, being in game or discord that had troubles with certain players, to give their "opinion" about an infraction. That is totally based on emotion therefore, makes the judgment clouded and personal instead of technical. 
For a GM, the infraction can be a 2 hours mute, to the one with grudge will be worth of a ban, I myself was almost victim of that kind of judgment, and it's totally not fair.

Your POV is right but is totally seen just from the player point of view.

Honestly, with all the respect, if a player dislike us or pretend someone else to handling his report or case that's NOT a valid reason to have really someone else do it.

If PlayerA dislike StaffXYZ, but StaffXYZ is not minimally involved with PlayerA if not with some past punishment after PlayerA had violated the rules, then StaffXYZ has all the rights and no problem of handling the case of PlayerA.

Player will NEVER be able to decide what staff handle their appeals/report/etc, and this will never change.

The reason is simple, 99% of the people who do that is cause they can't accept their punishment is fair and just look for someone who just can support the fact the ban is unjust; so what they want is people telling them that they are right and not someone handling their appeals in a professional and fair methos.

A PRO contributor and youtuber, without making names for privacy reasons, actually attempted doing this and it was really bad.

Qeight banned them (this person), so in the next case the player requested another person to handle the case and therefore I (Keita/Shinohara) did it.

User was still unsatisfied and therefore at the third case the player requested another staff member handling it (a GM), which turned out later to not be the good one as well according to the player.

This is horrible and a really unorganized and unprofessional way to handle things from the player's end.

In not a single game (but even irl) you can decide who will handle your cases and who not, exactly for the reasons mentioned by me above.

However, important clarification!

During cases related to player insulting a staff member that goes beyond the normal infraction (so not things that are evident like "you are a retarded idiot", staff will simply ask someone else to handle them. This doesn't happen every time, but pretty much with the most extreme things since a simple "idiot retarded dictator" just does not mentally affect anyone but however something like "I will come there and rape your mother, your wife and then slaughter them" (gore example but this actually happened and a player told us).

Attaching an example of me doing it:

image.png

Suggestion

1- Allow players to vote about the behavior of certain moderation to ensure the staff will hear us in a faster way, like an instant open public feedback.

This would be doable in a perfect world, however you underestimate how many players just want to damage some staff member reputation or in general abuse the complaint system.
Staff Members behviour judgement is already performed by Administration & Management (team leaders) team and that's enough, exactly like every other existing game do. Your system sound good on paper and in a perfect world but would bring 350.000 problems.
And this voting from community sucks in every department. Even Amazon call center (but not only) workers literally beg for the 5 stars cause otherwise they are just fired or literally quit the job due to the heavy stress such a system brings.

2- Do something about not only users but moderators, that pretend that do not see offenses, homophobic comments, body shaming comments, xenophobic (offense towards ethnic groups) comments. 

I have already addressed the rudeness part (calling people stupid, etc) in the thread I linked you above.
We treat racism, homophobic and similar (transophobic, discrimination, etc) really seriously and that's why we are heavy on punishment when it comes to them.
Your assumption that staff member who act like that are unpunished is just wrong and based on the fact "I can't see = It doesn't happen", and this is just a wrong mindset.
Just to make an example, few months ago Smooge used a sort of racist/disgusting sentence towards greek community into one of his video and after it was reported (not like we watch every video PRO youtubers create) we literally heavily punished him and he can confirm it.
I would like to ask you to not assume things do not happen just cause you can't see them, as that's something that I think it's not acceptable in 2020.  Exactly like players punishments are not announced publicly, the same goes for the staff members one.

3- Punish the ones that provoke severely and a small warn to those who DEFEND themselves. We're often seeing the attacked ones being punished for defending their honor.

This is totally wrong! You don't bring yourself justice alone.
If PlayerA call PlayerB "retarded idiot abort" and then PlayerB reply "dude shut up, it's you that are the retarded idiot abort" both the players are equally guilty of having broken rules.

You can't and will never be able to bring yourself justice alone, not on PRO and not on any other game. There is no honor to defend and we are not in th Roman Empire in the 300 but in an evolved and civilized society in 2021.

If two users break the same rule and we punish mute only one and the other gets just a warn then this would be a totally biased and unfair moderation.

4-  Try to stop the "protection culture" where, a staff says the complaint of a player towards another member of staff is wrong, if one player expressed it's concern usually there are many others who agree but don't have the courage to do so.

The way you see complaints is honestly wrong to start with, this cause you don't try to see both the point of view of staff and player but focus only on the player one, which is an error in the first place.

It's objectively true that what really makes the difference between a valid complaint and a NOT valid one is the content of such complaint, and the evidences provided that support and show such content/the things 

If 10 people complaint about a staff member abusing power, but that staff member did not abuse power then the complaint is honestly worth to answer but giving the staff member did not abuse the power then there won't be any punishment on the staff member and also the user that complained will be shown that his claims are false.

The same goes for players, if 10 players report Player137 for having broken rules but the player didn't break them, then the complaint is just not a valid one. Worth to answer even to it, as it's normal to do, but that's where it ends.

I have given many examples already here about why the number of people that make a complaint is totally irrelevant for the final result and that what really matter is the content, the claims and the evidences supporting the claims.

5- Put a recruitment based on minimum Age (hard to do but it's about free time and maturity).

That already exists, always existed, and it's literally 18+ exception made for really talented people who have shown maturity to be able to join staff before that (e.g Mage joined staff at 15-16? And comrader at 16)

Hope I was able to address each one of your point and provide as well an answer about them.

For anything else, feel free to ask and i'll make sure to answer about it.

Have a good day

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

• Administrator
On 6/25/2021 at 12:24 AM, princekashyap said:

Staff must add option to cancel moves in ranked pvp and option for reconnect in ranked pvp. 

Ehi thre @princekashyap

Those things are already planned for the future, but require a really big amount of work.

Please, refer to the DEV To-Do List to know what our Developers are working on.

Have a good day !

image.gif

• Administrator
On 6/25/2021 at 12:25 AM, Orihara said:

First of all, i'd like to disclose that this miscommunication or non-communication between staff and players have gone long enough, and most of you know when that started and with whom. Going back from there, the 2016 era had barely any issues with players. One of PRO's key selling points back then was and i quote "Staff are friendly, rules are fair and strict, no favoritism" this has change dramaticaly over the years, and not in a good way i'm afraid

Honestly speaking, as a former staff, it's perfectly fine to watch your era as the good one. Sometimes we just want think everything around us is good just cause we are doing good, totally not noticing/realizing things around us.

There were a lot of problems within that era. Some were known to everyone, players included (thanks to the transparency of staff), and others were just not known as they were just really private staff situations not possible to know within players.

However, not knowing something does not mean it doesn't exists.

I won't make name for obvious privacy reasons (although long time passed and 95% of those people are not even around anymore), but it's good to point out a few things of the staff existing back then
Important: this obviously does not go for 100% of the  old staff as it would be retarded from me to say that, but a good amount of people sadly suffered of these issues, which is visible from logs and anyway from forum work and chat).

These things being:

• Lack of logs
    For the one asking what a log is, an example is here: https://imgur.com/VTbFQjW ,  in short it's a text that indicate when and why a user was punished, as well adding the evidence of what and how exactly something violated our rules.
    A ban is valid and can be kept only if the log the prove the infraction actually exists. Logs exists exactly to give the chance to the entire staff, current and future, to know why and how someone was banned, allowing in this way also to go back to find possible mistakes or power abuses or simply to make a review.

A really big portion of the staff back then were not logging things, or not logging properly leaving out evidences.
    There are more than 4 people that out of 300+ bans have logged only 60-70 (which is like 25% of the total bans), just to make you understand. And no, no forum change damage or make lose anything since even those 60-70 would be lost and also there are other people from the same era that have great and complete logs.
    This has lead the staff of 2018-2019-2020 to actually need to unban a lot of people simply cause there were not the evidences to hold those bans (some even for cheating) due to the lack of logs from the staff back then.

• Power Abuse
    Staff back then literally had dozen of dozen of cases of people banned and evidences intentionally hidden/not added cause the ban was unjust or overly harsh, thing that was found out later and properly punished by the Administration team of that time.

• Being extremely harsh
    Players punished for evident 'friendly' (or even normal) jokes that however Staff were seeing bad cause they were following the rules like a sort of sacred text even higher than the bible and enforcing it like a machine/computer. (we call this robotic moderation and literally teach to be empathic and understand the entire context of a situation since first day of apprenticeship, unsure if it was taught even back then and then people was ignoring it or if it simply was not taught).
    Sometimes this was even intentionally aimed at specific people just cause they were classified "rule breakers" and therefore considered worse than others.
    Tons of those bans were in fact revoked.

Deathwing, just to be clear even if that's obvious, but this does not go for every 2016 staff; in fact there were a good number of staff members that were actually great and would love to have still them within us. But a lot, really a lot, some were even team leaders, were doing that.
Making name sucks as it would look like targeting, which is I made only one name in this post which was well publicly known.

Also, just to be clear, I am not trying to throw shit on the 2016 staff, but if you tell me that the situation was good or better back then, then it's just necessary to be transparent and say the actual truth.

There would be a lot to talk about even a bit short after you got kicked/removed from staff, like some GM selling appeals in change of IRL Money (Eur/Usd/Won, etc), which was found and got kicked not outside of staff but directly on another planet.

I have yet to see App's or more than 60% of the remaining staff interacting with the community, casually talking or just having fun with players on a daily basis. One of the key requirements for passing App was to be able to interact with the community. What sort of procedure does app and staff follow these days on player interaction?

Actually, that's really based on the role itself. Every staff role actually has the ability to log and talk with people, which is why we have people from different teams doing so.
However, the team that does it the most is the Community Coordinators team simply cause creating a bond with community is one of their direct duties.
We have a lot of staff members that actually have over than 3000 messages per month as staff, which probably isn't that big of a number but if you consider how many staff we have then it's not that bad.

Can there be improvement? More than improvement, that's related to the time available. The last months were literally HELL for any university student due to the exams (not only in staff of course). However, now that Summer is here (exactly as during the winter period) time available should be more.

From the original PP that was created by myself and few other staff, rules are not being enforced strict enough or have been enforced in a more discretional way, does PP still intend as a deterrant for toxic people? If so does the goal "keep the game fair for players" still apply as a driving factor on adapting PP to situations.

Punishment Policy received a really big improvement since 2017, really really big.
The previous punishment policy was a bit too rough/raw and still needed a lot of improvements. For example:

• Being too harsh in terms of punishment but even more in how much you needed to reach the permanent ban.
    In fact, you needed around 3-4 mutes to reach the permanent ban before while right now instead you need 8. Obviously, each case is different from each other so punishment are really adapted in base of the severity of the infraction.

I will use the first level of the Severity two to explain what I mean:
    • 1st Infraction1-4 Days Quiet Ban.
    As you can see from here the first real mute has a duration between 1 and 4 days, which is quite a big difference if you think that 4days is literally 4x times the lowest (1 day).
    This goes as well for all the other infractions and clearly not only for the first.
    If the infraction is just spamming in chat in a good way but not really extreme (ignoring the previous warn received from the staff team and therefore continuing anyway) 1 day of Mute is perfectly fine as a start since the infraction is not too bad. Obviously, if user continues anyway even after the mute ended, we'll keep in consideration the fact that, even if that spam is not that much extreme, the user keep ignoring staff and don't care about rules, which is why we'll be harsher and work with a different mindset from the second infraction going on.

Contrary to spam, racism is way more serious and clearly more bad than a spam for OBVIOUS reasons. Therefore we will issue the first infraction will generally be 4 days.

Obviously the more you break the rules and the harsher the punishment received, it passes from Mute/Quite Ban -> Temporary Ban -> Permanent an -> Possible last chance but with a really long quite ban applied (this was reached only by 2 players since 2018.
    Since only two players actually reached that point and amount of infractions in the last 3 years, I think the PP actually discourage toxicity and staff do so as well.

• Lacking specific punishments for specific and different violation
    We simply have a long and organized punishment policy for many different infractions in order to differentiate each infraction and issue a proper punishment based effectively on the severity of that infractions.
    For example, both Attempted Scam and Fake Offering are trade infractions, however they have different punishments and therefore have their own unique part cause Attempted Scam is clearly more serious than Fake Offering.

What are the criterea's for a suggestion to reach staff?
A: just forums
B: some good bits here and there
-
Unfortunately i dont see many back and forth dialogs in suggestions between player and staff to help them improve their suggestions.

I have already addressed part of the suggestion question here so i'll avoid repeating myself and making this post longer (You can anyway read it there).

I didn't address the criteria there, but that's simply cause there is not a real criteria.

1. DEVs/Content read the suggestions
  2. They are like and think would work great with the game and cause no prolems with the direction that the DEV wants the game to take
  3. Suggestions is implemented or started to be worked on.

Sometimes a suggestion can be even only in part good and needs other adjustment, and therefore there will be a discussion within staff/admin/devs to understand what adjustment is actually needed.

What is lacking is definitely the answer part from the staff side, although it's more a DEV thing, as mentioned in the post linked to you above but as well the ability of players to make a proper suggestion that is not something repeated for the third time and receive an answer already in the first two.

Suggestions are honestly really hard cause a lot of players try to force their vision into us and pretend us to do what they want otherwise we are flagged as dictator or as "people who don't care about players opinion", despite that is clearly immature as an argument and wrong.

Obviously, as stated even for the old staff, not every player is toxic and not every player try force their vision into staff and pretend staff to do what they want.

Please, refer to the thread I linked for another part of my answer related to suggestions.

how is staff organized?

is it? from what i can tell only content team is somewhat organized, but even within content everyone is responsible for their own things rather than working as a collective, based on dialogs with other CS's.

The whole moderation is well organized; there are obviously some people that perform better than others in terms of activity, but it's also normal to not have 55 people performing everyone at the same ways.

Even inside companies there is a worker that might be more efficient than another.

What we lack now is a MOD leader (TMOD lead just left but we already have a person who will take the role in the next days so it's all good), this simply cause picking a leader is extremely hard as there are many variables to consider when doing so:

• Ability to teach others.
    • This is really important cause a leader should also be able to teach new people, and teaching is not minimally related to skill in performing duties. You can be the most skilled but have a poor teaching ability.
  • Time available
    • A leader needs a really big amount of time to be able to monitor the team, spot possible issues and fix them together with the team. Also should work as a pillar for the team, which usually takes lot of time.
  • Ability in performing duties of the role the person is part of
    • Not much to add here, exactly what it says.
  • Interest/Will
  • Some people could be a super mega great leader but might simply not be interested in leading a team.
  • Other variables like prospect for the future can be, where we cannot promote a leader now if they have already decided that they will leave staff in a month due to X reason (university, work, etc). This cause it would make us need to find a new leader again, which takes lot of time.

But really, Moderation actually looks fine as a team. Would be cool to have more good staff applications (good staff applications are not rare but not even common), however that's not a problem of moderation or caused by staff in general as it's something that is just related to the players/community that apply to staff.

However, applications are permanently open since we think this is the best way to give everyone a chance to and also for us to not miss potentially good people. 

For what regard Content Scripter, I am totally unsure about what you are told but that's just wrong.

Like, it is true that we have many content scripter and that many work on different projects, but that's perfectly fine.

Like, making the example of the Mega Quests, we had like many CS working on it but all of them were working on different quests and then with the CS Leader they were checked/reviewed.

As for events instead, there are project leaders. For example, if a CS will come out and have a great idea for an event (idk, easter maybe), he will propose that to the whole team and if liked that person will be in charge of the development of the event.

That person will be also in charge of coordinating the event (this means communicating to MAP and ART teams what is needed and as well team working with the other CS on the things help is required).

We have a really great leader honestly, really great worker and as well organized (lot of logs even for the smallest things in order to keep everyone updated) and with a great communication. 

I think its more healthy to ask what is "abuse" at this point. Because while some of the things that can be seen as abuse on a regular basis it seems like its completely fine on a staff point of view.

As for power abuse we generally mean:

• Abusing in-game commands/staff tools/staff knowledge/and staff-only powers that give an unfair advantage or may damage a user, the game, and the community

I made two example in one of the previous posts.

One was about a staff member logging his Staff Account during PVP in order to kick opponent and get free win and the other was selling appeals in change of IRL money.
Both are power abuse but different kinds.

Obviously said staff members + their players accounts were kicked so strong to reach Mars (by 2016-17 admin and the 2019 one) and will most likely be discovered soon by either the Nasa or in the future by Elon Musk's team.
Stay updated on the official Nasa website where the RAW images taken from the Mars Reover are uploaded, maybe they'll find them if they were not kicked too hard.

https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/multimedia/raw-images/

As for a question of my own, how does recruitment policy works? Are there any ideas to let go of the "fill the forum" application and actually communicating with the person that might become your team mate for understanding people better. This is a fanmade game, not a job. 

The recruitment system helps us in understanding who we have ahead and how they work, and those are all the things we need actually.

Which is essentially why the recruitment system is unchanged since 4 or more years.

Also it was recently improved where yes, it's made more serious, however the argument "it's not a job" should never be considered valid from a player and even a staff member.

Not being a job, but being a volunteer position, it doesn't mean staff members should hold a really different kind of mindset (probably worth calling it "seriousness"?) and respect (toward the project) when effectively contributing to the project development and improvement.

It is exactly because we are volunteer that we are able to decide ourselves in the first place if applying or not keeping in consideration that even if not paid it's needed respect toward the project and seriousness.

Contrary to an average job, even just 1 (well organized) or 1 hour and a half of hour per day (even divided in multiple sessions) is enough to do a great work.

1 hour seems low, but what you see is just a number and nothing else. I have seen people handling 20 threads in the General Support in 1 hours and others instead handling 5 in the same time and same quality. At the end of the day it's all about efficiency and organization.

EDIT: In the past, we had a policy to allow players to ask someone else handle the appeal if a player was not satisfied with the answer provided, is this still a common practice in how appeals are being handled this time around

Correct, this is unchanged. If you think your appeal is being handled unjustly (but needs to be able to prove it, obviously) or if you have a complaint about the outcome of the appeal you can make a post in the General Complaint Area and an higher up will answer to it and handle it.

It's generally the leader of the person who used to handle your complaints, as it's correct to be, however if the person who's being complained about is the leader then an higher up (generally Admin) handle it.

I hope I was able to provide enough clarifications on the question you have asked.

It took me quite a while, but I got it, and hope that's appreciated.

Have a great day !

• Like 1

image.gif

image.png.7b9bea42340a433bbaf13c8a9253bf48.png

Talking about staff and player relation ship, how can we build a good relationship between us if we cant trust you (staff team) even on a service that we paid. 

For exemple: i paid 5 ccs to rename my account, the service should take around 48 hours ( as stated on the dashboard) but I'm waiting since the 19th June. I can easily understand that there is more priorities than this but I think is not to long to accepte or deny a rename, is not like its a free service, I paid 5 CCs for this.

At the moment I don't have any information about my request I don't know if you forget me, if someone is handling this or is just dodging it.

It's like the game itself, sometimes you give us anouncements on discord with a release date but this one delayed and there is no information about it. it already happened that the anouncement was edited like if nothing happened.  We can all understand  unexpected things can happen but it's better to let us aware of this instead of letting us in the blurr.

Another exemple : about komala a new pokemon for valentine's event, the day when the event started, Walross literally said image.png.836b0b3d8b9cb1a576847275cee52d83.png  -> announcement: 14/02/2021 

Another thing, since the 14/02 you told us that the ability will be coded in the next few days,  during the two Questions and Answers streams, Someone said (probably Walross) "don't worry next update it will be coded" but few updates after  it still not coded and we don't have any information about it. 

It's not the first time it happened, Komala was announced for Valentine event, we are close to the summer one.

Another exemple, Wishiwashi announced at xmas (corsi trailer), we are still waiting.

I can understand Komala is not a priority and even if his ability is coded it's not a really good poke since we can't have only 2 moves except if you are named mew (check spoiler below 🙂)  and even with this set it's not a top tier poke, it's a funny poke I will said.

Spoiler

image.png.91b7e2a43e1ab7c36d53bafff9c235ac.png

I can understand it's an exception since you removed all illegal moves from mew last update, can't we get a npc which will allow us to remove moves for Komala?

You can understand the frustration that we have since the comunication between the staff team and players is sometimes is really bad.

I hope you will understand my point on this and hope i will get a positive feedback from your side.

Wish you a good day,

Havvlucha (maybe one day Batlucha).

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2021 at 10:48 AM, daicamax said:

When u break the law,  you have to be punished , it is good for the community,

PRO 'staff is very fair and honest , i have no opinion

Laws and rules can be discussed and changed when they are stupid. For example, in North Korea, if you pass by a statue of their dictator without worshiping them, you get killed. Don't you think that's a stupid rule to follow?

sign2.png

It would be nice if after a suggestion is finally answered by a staff member to not insta close the post after denying  it but rather give the guy who made the post sometime to reply back even if the decision has been made 🙂

Edited by Pispi13

Id like to first say that I love pro and always have loved pro ever since the start. (Talonflame without rotom washes around was a magical time, shoutout talonflame RIP) Seeing how far the game has come is amazing and I'm grateful for everyone who worked on making the game great even if I have ill personal feelings towards certain/past staff members. I don't want to make a post complaining about anyone in the staff because at the end of the day its just an opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinion so no real point dragging anyone because it seems this whole forum post is a whole staff dragging competition. I do admit certain GMs seem a bit biased at times about certain things, thats the one thing I feel should be a red flag when assigning power to certain people but I guess its pretty hard to tell if someone is biased or not without seeing every single thing they have every said lol. At the end of the day we are all human and equal, nobody is really better than anyone else I think that's what both staff and players alike should understand the most. I think the best ways to bring the gap between players and staff is if staff actually logged in inside the game and interacted more with the players like say maybe do some mini tournaments or hide and seek ect. I remember long ago there used to be some staff that would log in and battle people for example and it showed players that they are actual people you know. I know on silver server there are tons of staff on all the time but on gold you NEVER see any staff interacting with people. If one server is going to get all the love there might as well just be a merge into one server because ofc the other side is gonna feel like its givin less attention and people are going to have more negative opinions than the ones who are interacting more and seeing the good side of staff. Once again much love to everyone who has evolved pro into what it is now compared to what it used to be and I hope all tensions can be fixed so this game can continue to grow 

Edited by Kboww
  • Like 5
Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png

On 6/25/2021 at 5:32 AM, Eaty said:

It's incredibly easy to comment on or judge something from the outside that's why I want to give you some insight.
As far as the moderation is concerned, I'm hardly involved at all. There have been several situations in which I have clashed with moderators or GMs, but it had absolutely nothing to do with a dictatorship. It was more often about rules that are technically not possible. One of them, for example, was to permanently remove players from the game and forbid to create new accounts, which cannot be done with our tools, and I was absolutely against banning someone who had played on a new account without breaking rules. Of course, the other side also had good reasons to hold on to it, but it was impossible. Even companies such as Blizzard cannot prevent that. To say that situations like this make me a dictator while having no idea is beyond presumptuous.

There have been situations in which smaller groups within Discord were formed that only [heck]-talked staffs and primarily me. However, this was only made public after they left the team. There were accusations such as "You don't give a heck about moderation staffs cause you unbanned GoldenPikachu", although I would like to mention that this never happened. GoldenPikachu, like many others, only had the permission to create a new account, as we can't really prevent him from doing so.

As for the PvP Council, I would like to speak about this once more.
I made a lot of mistakes there that I wouldn't make again. However, it was originally not intended as a PvP Council, which I also wrote publicly. It should serve as a discussion platform. That many of those involved were outraged that they could not decide/vote for PvP bans on their own is a mystery to me to this day. I don't want to shirk my responsibility here either, some decisions should have been made earlier.
Now Joro is in control of it and I am sure that there are only few who are dissatisfied with it.

Well, the argument that players can't give constructive criticism because their English isn't good enough is an incredibly weak argument. There are always ways to express constructive criticism. May it be with the help of friends or staffs who speak the same language. The only reason not being able to express constructive criticism is that you don't have any. And should someone not being able to express constructive criticism because he, she or diverse was too frustrated in that situation, then it's still possible once calmed down.
As mentioned earlier, both Prehax and other staffs have made mistakes in the past and have been confronted for them. This is currently being done by Keita. Should new cases arise, the forum can be used to forward them.

As for the mentioned scripter situation, all I can say is that there could only be two possible reasons why this could have happened.
The most likely is that the implementation required new features that were not implemented for various reasons and the other is that there wasn't a good reward system.
Everything else is usually waved through. If there were other reasons, I am open to listen to and comment on them.
I would say that scripters and I work very closely together, as they are often very dependent on dev changes.

Honestly, why should I keep scripters from adding more content to the game? 

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, there are hundreds of comments in this thread.

Scripter Situation -- I like your answer. Its difficult for me to judge because to me it just passed on, therefore my knowledge is third-fourth handed. Though if there are upset content scripters, it tells me how they were rejected was not to their liking. Perhaps you could review how you reject ideas based on who you are rejecting. Extremely situational and I actually predict its impossible to avoid making a rejection comfortable for anyone with extreme passion towards a specific project.

PvP Council Situation -- I created a thread expressing my opinion on the handling of the PvP Council and how you specifically ruined it.. If you truly want to understand why people felt confused and disrespected I highly recommend you visit and read it.

Opinion on Constructive Criticism -- English not being the first language goes both ways. As someone that only speaks and reads English, I cannot give direct experience on this matter. However, there have been many times I have been misunderstood by staff members because they could not accurately understand my text because English was not their first language. I know staff does allow players to speak their native language if there is a staff member available that can translate, though this is not well educated because its plastered everywhere that PRO is English first and English only. There should be multi-language support in Discord. You should visit a few other gaming community Discord and see how they have theirs setup. To put it bluntly, they are simply better than PRO when it comes to supporting their entire player base through their Discord. 

About PreHax -- I voiced my opinion and as a great example of a GM PRO Staff, he voiced hisMany, many, many, manytimes for all to learn from. I didn't even have to go too far into the past either. But hey, maybe it is a language barrier? Maybe for PreHax threatening to ban you for critiquing his work in the "wrong way" is just his understanding of English. Or maybe calling people stupid or an idiot when they disagree or provide unconstructive feedback is just how staff operates since he hasn't edited or apologized for his statements. I can't really be sure. As long as he is a member of staff, I have no choice but to associate his opinions and actions as an example of all staff members. 

Edited by teerav
  • Haha 1
E6W75Tu.png