Lets talk together about Staff & Player relationship !

Shinohara

Some of more sensitive information was disclosed between you and me in DM's but i'll add a few more for transparency sake. Feel free to edit them if they are deemed sensitive.

17 hours ago, Shinohara said:

Power Abuse
Staff back then literally had dozen of dozen of cases of people banned and evidences intentionally hidden/not added cause the ban was unjust or overly harsh, thing that was found out later and properly punished by the Administration team of that time.

Unforunately yes, power abuse was a thing, but every effort was made by me and other GM's to ensure it didnt become a casual thing, which ended up GM's policing staff as well as players. Hence "tyrannical" stigma was applied.

Being extremely harsh
Players punished for evident 'friendly' (or even normal) jokes that however Staff were seeing bad cause they were following the rules like a sort of sacred text even higher than the bible and enforcing it like a machine/computer. (we call this robotic moderation and literally teach to be empathic and understand the entire context of a situation since first day of apprenticeship, unsure if it was taught even back then and then people was ignoring it or if it simply was not taught).
Sometimes this was even intentionally aimed at specific people just cause they were classified "rule breakers" and therefore considered worse than others.
Tons of those bans were in fact revoked.

This is a decision that was made solely by me. To the point of even "joking" about a rulebreak would result with appropriate punishment, difference is that at the time we had 1600 server slots for 4k active players due to a youtuber with a huge audiance discovering and advertising the game on their channel.
Unfortunately many of the said players did not wish to "enjoy" the game but rather be toxic to the community at large and annoy everyone, including the youtuber that brought them in. So me and other admins decided that it was better to "trim down" the playerbase down by removing those that present toxic behaviour and barely play the game, which honestly didnt effect us in the long run one bit and by the end of april 2016 every chat (ingame forum) was operating exactly the way we intended them to.

Unfortunately regular players were also on the recieving end of this crusade hence why we were more leniant in appeals rather than outright get rid of everyone.

1st Infraction1-4 Days Quiet Ban.

As we talked about it in DM's, those were not the policies that was enforced while i was active.

Also it was recently improved where yes, it's made more serious, however the argument "it's not a job" should never be considered valid from a player and even a staff member.

Not being a job, but being a volunteer position, it doesn't mean staff members should hold a really different kind of mindset (probably worth calling it "seriousness"?) and respect (toward the project) when effectively contributing to the project development and improvement.

It is exactly because we are volunteer that we are able to decide ourselves in the first place if applying or not keeping in consideration that even if not paid it's needed respect toward the project and seriousness.

I'll clarify the "job" part as it seems that it was misunderstood. By job i mean personality is not one the key points in an application, just traits one might find interesting on a sheet. I personally detested that practice, hence our recruitment policy was (for moderation team only) is by scouting, this also allowes staff to be more active ingame as well as forums since it would yield more potential recruits, rather than basing them by application.
However, we also had workshops for those that wished to apply but werent scouted out and were asked questions on wether they would fit our staff goals, dynamic and efficiency.

I didn't address the criteria there, but that's simply cause there is not a real criteria.

Sorry for not expanding on the criteria. What i tried to ask was, if a suggestion was made, lets say ingame chat, does staff interact with said player to improve on the suggestion or relay the said suggestion directly to admins or direct the player to suggestions. 

It's generally the leader of the person who used to handle your complaints, as it's correct to be, however if the person who's being complained about is the leader then an higher up (generally Admin) handle it.

Hmm, unfortunately i've heard different stories (with evidence) that those requests were denied on multiple occasions. Does it depend on the context of said ban (severity 4-5) or does it have to meet a certain criteria to be able to grant a second opinion to it.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

A staff member called several players stupid and idiots, as described in several posts here... And after that, he spent a whole night on Discord making fun of the people who are posting here.

Is this type of posture allowed? @Shinohara

Edited by 5tryker
  • Like 1

Ass1.png

On 6/24/2021 at 10:15 PM, envymeister said:

@Qeight i have a question to you.
You dont play PRO, i mean u can log into ur acc sometimes, but never to actually play the game itself.

You know, more than half of the community dont like you, and also u dont like the community back (or a big part of it), so my question is: Why, why u still around? whats the reason for it? just curious tbh. 🧐

bump

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ezgif-2-81857dc435.gif.d9a49c71e75ddb93c270141213274a28.gif

Em 24/06/2021 às 17:15, envymeister disse:

@Qeight eu tenho uma pergunta para você.
Você não joga PRO, quero dizer, você pode entrar no seu acc às vezes, mas nunca para jogar o jogo em si.

Sabe, mais da metade da comunidade não gosta de você e você também não gosta da comunidade (ou grande parte dela), então minha pergunta é: Por que, por que você ainda está por aí? qual é a razão? apenas curioso tbh. 🧐

Pra cima.

Hello PRO Community. I feel I want to share my own opinion on Prehax/Qeight.

I feel that as a Game Master you should always display a higher level of maturity than the rest to balance the strict nature which the position sometimes has to deal with. I have seen how he acts and responds in the discord and it gives an impression of arrogance. That said, we do not know what he has to deal with daily. It can be stressful.

10 hours ago, 5tryker said:

A staff member called several players stupid and idiots, as described in several posts here... And after that, he spent a whole night on Discord making fun of the people who are posting here.

Is this type of posture allowed? @Shinohara

I saw what happened on discord but I think we need to be more understanding as players. I see discord as a place where staff and the community can "unwind". Ofcourse within the boundaries. We don't know the struggles they go through or what they have to endure every day. Prehax/Qeight is not a bad person at all but because the work he does requires hard decision making that sometimes results in banning, we assume he's bad or corrupt or abusing his power.

I know it sounds like I am sucking up but those who know me well can vouch, i'm anything but a suck up. All i'm saying is, let's try and understand one another and support each other, no matter the faults we have as individuals. We are a great community and I hope we can reach newer heights together.

Thanks.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Comp_198.gif.532c46afb9db94308acb5271d387c736.gif

10 hours ago, 5tryker said:

And now, he is using this thread to put "Aww" and "Haha" reactions under every post that criticizes his behavior, making a complete farce of Shino's attempt to defuse the situation.

I am talking to you directly now, Prehax, since you are clearly following this thread and drag it into the dirt:

The work you do for PRO is extremely valuable and probably a big part of why PRO feels so good to play, even tho I don't always agree with your changes. That doesn't mean it's infallible and nobody is allowed to critique your work, nor does it excuse your behavior regarding the criticism. The immaturity you present is very damaging for the recognition of the rest of the staff team and maybe you should start thinking about that before you continue acting like this.

• Like 4

I am wondering why the appeals take ages to solve or respond to the members 😞 

And, why there is no warning about player-behaviour before completely banned them, like a warning record for each member

I used to work as a staff on GTA:SA Roleplay community server (~1k players) back then. I always go easy on the punishment for some first warnings, to warn players about the ban if continue to do so and help/guide them not losing their effort on playing the game.

To show the community that, the bad can also be guided in a good way. 

Good evening,

I've no requests , just a small explanation addressed to the community ,

There might be some troubles between staff & members due to being so strict or firm on execution , rules or appeals or what so ever.

Those people firstly are working basically for free and spending hours of their day instead of having fun in real whether they like the moderating role over all in life or the authority or not so you might say,
But what they do is trying to keep a game with a lot of criteria that a lot of people/us enjoying it in an order that kept the game healthy and alive for quite long time extends over 6-7 years.

Maintaining an order by rules in anyway and earning respect to execute it , can't be simply done by being as a moderator or staff who takes part in a trolling chat or being malleable or not firm just to be friendly that's not their objective.

Please be noted this firm attitude and roles of staff with due respect to the rules are a reason why you can play this game and have fair stuff that can protect you , to keep up with thousands of members with thousand issue to be dealt with daily along with the system errors and so on.

So last to say , understand the burden they carry , a lot of the old staff already left the community because they are not willing to put more time in the game and so if you are against the staff traits or behavior you can engage yourself and participate or apply and try handle the tasks and see with your way how not everyone ( your friends specifically ) will treat you and your decisions and feel towards it.

Thank you so much all staff community specially to the old ones who lasted till today devoting tons of effort and time.

Special thanks/shoutout to :
@Senrosia 
@Shinohara
@Qeight
@Red
@Eaty
@Maisa
And all other staff members.
gl hf ladies & gentlemen.

Edited by MythicalLegend
  • Like 4

I would like to suggest something that would help the community (I think that so at least)

According to my understanding, the problem is with ban. We all know the GM's give players enough chance to get unban, but this can be a lengthy process as the moderators might be busy and it can take a while.

So, my suggestion will work like this: 

Once a player is banned, after the player had made an appeal, he can play the game but he won't be allowed to chat/trade/delete any Pokémon.

Once, a moderator reply to the post, the player won't be able to login until there is reply from the player to the post.

This will fix few things, a player can enjoy playing, time taking appeal will be a less problem, player won't lose progress (I mean the PvE stuff).

Things can be changed. Its just a opinion from my end. 

@Shinohara I would be really looking a reply about what you think about this.

Its just a scarp idea not sure, will it make a problem or not. I also request community to let me know the idea. 

2 hours ago, MythicalLegend said:

Those people firstly are working basically for free and spending hours of their day instead of having fun in real whether they like the moderating role over all in life or the authority or not so you might say,
But what they do is trying to keep a game with a lot of criteria that a lot of people/us enjoying it in an order that kept the game healthy and alive for quite long time extends over 6-7 years.

Everything you said is great and i agree with it. Just pointing out something that i honestly see as wrong here. Doing something for free does give you the right to be an ahole to whoever is enjoying the free service. You do not see volunteer workers who are picking up the trash in the park telling you "move your [hecking] leg and, let me pickup that godamn can of soda from under the bench where your fatass is sitting , move over before i also pick you up as well like the trash you are" .

Doing a free service is not an excuse to be an ahole, just wanted to make that clear since this is where this whole problem started.

• Like 4

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png