Lets talk together about Staff & Player relationship !

Shinohara

• Developer

It's me, Mario, once more!

It is absolutely correct that staffs should treat players with respect. Likewise, players should treat staffs and each other with respect. There are situations in which this does not happen and even leads to very unpleasant consequences.
What I am about to say is by no means meant to be an excuse or to relativize what has been said, but I want players to see things from a different angle as well.
Staffs are unpaid volunteers who support the game through their work and moderation staffs in particular get a lot of hatred for it. They are insulted, threatened, every comment is taken out of context and used against them. Signatures were revised to insult the respective person (<Example>), guilds were incited against a single person and lies about punishments were spreaded to make it look like power abuse. Even for their in-game staff rewards they get hated, insulted and even reported.
All against normal players who have invested a lot of time in this game and have taken on tasks that were anything but fun.

This is no criticism against the players who criticize staffs, I just think it would be nice if you could look at both sides of the coin.

On 6/24/2021 at 10:15 PM, envymeister said:

@Qeight i have a question to you.
You dont play PRO, i mean u can log into ur acc sometimes, but never to actually play the game itself.

You know, more than half of the community dont like you, and also u dont like the community back (or a big part of it), so my question is: Why, why u still around? whats the reason for it? just curious tbh. 🧐

Furthermore, eNvy, your question confuses me. You ask Prehax why he is a staff even though he no longer actively plays the game, even though it was you who kept writing, tagging and questioning me about the game after you stopped playing the game.
I think it's obvious to everyone that he is attached to the game and the community, wants to improve it, and likes to do staff work. That's probably the motivation of most staffs. That's at least what I'd like to think.

As a final comment, I would like to inform everyone that Prehax has not yet addressed the points, because Keita asked or ordered him not to give an answer yet. He doesn't ignore or makes fun of the posts/topic.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eaty said:

It's me, Mario, once more!

It is absolutely correct that staffs should treat players with respect. Likewise, players should treat staffs and each other with respect. There are situations in which this does not happen and even leads to very unpleasant consequences.
What I am about to say is by no means meant to be an excuse or to relativize what has been said, but I want players to see things from a different angle as well.
Staffs are unpaid volunteers who support the game through their work and moderation staffs in particular get a lot of hatred for it. They are insulted, threatened, every comment is taken out of context and used against them. Signatures were revised to insult the respective person (<Example>), guilds were incited against a single person and lies about punishments were spreaded to make it look like power abuse. Even for their in-game staff rewards they get hated, insulted and even reported.
All against normal players who have invested a lot of time in this game and have taken on tasks that were anything but fun.

This is no criticism against the players who criticize staffs, I just think it would be nice if you could look at both sides of the coin.

Furthermore, eNvy, your question confuses me. You ask Prehax why he is a staff even though he no longer actively plays the game, even though it was you who kept writing, tagging and questioning me about the game after you stopped playing the game.
I think it's obvious to everyone that he is attached to the game and the community, wants to improve it, and likes to do staff work. That's probably the motivation of most staffs. That's at least what I'd like to think.

As a final comment, I would like to inform everyone that Prehax has not yet addressed the points, because Keita asked or ordered him not to give an answer yet. He doesn't ignore or makes fun of the posts/topic.

Wally, but I quitted due to some decisions the staff team made. So what i did was simply try to either revert them or give alternatives. I give u the example of rerolls, i always said Rerrolls needed some kind of rework, including a way to get the desired HP on a legendary. And thankfully, you and your staff team managed to add a new feature for rerolls. Im glad you did it. Now all im ''pressuring'' you with, is the HP part, since i think its a must we can get them, not an easy way, but a possible way (check Idkup thread). 
Prehax in the other hand, he quitted for good, he was malding, didnt agreed with your decisions & some staff also left due some intern conflicts (as i was told). Then he came back, and changed things, i dont blame him for changing the game, I blame him for  not being able to take some criticism/advices. The same way u ignored/didnt trust community with PvP Council.
I understand your part, if u would follow what every player says, many bad decisions would have been made, but im sure you can easily detect those. I give u the example again in PvP Council, if Jorogumo provided you enough evidence that a poke deserves a ban, its trustworthy( before he became you 'advisor'. he always provided WoT and u simply never gave much credit to it). Some players are more wise, more experience than others to make such decisions, Or other example, McShitter with all of his ideas. Such players like myself, give you and your team ideas, suggestions to improve the game. I remember telling you about adding a way to have multiple legends Set. u totally ignored it, i spoke to Keita about it, i think few days after it got into the game. 
Also my question to Felix was: why, he knows most part of community hates him, he also dislikes most community. also doesnt play the game, but still likes to be staffer and waste his time here. So i think he either has nothing better to do in life or simply likes to be around just to make us, his haters, mad. Idk its a waste of time, but its his life. If i was hated as he is, i wouldnt waste my time in a game i dont play, and where i dislike the community.

• Like 2

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

After reading, what Keita/Wally have been writing, i rather current staff over the old one, seems like it was a huge fiesta who could press the mute and ban button fastest.

So i would like say that current staff is doing a good job, but i would still like to say that this thread will go nowhere and will just be empty air.

But mostly my respect goes to CS and devs for making what the game is.

Edited by PrayforStefan

• Administrator
On 6/25/2021 at 12:32 AM, Sir said:

Well ... my first account got banned forever because staff pretended I cheated when me and my brother play from the same network and same pc and called me a liar even when i gives him a prove and he didn't 

Note: my account have 3000 hours play and I didn't have any penalties before 

Question: what kind of democracy is is this if we can't defend on our self? 

Ehi there @Sir

I have actually checked the case and I can confirm that there are signs of boosting there, visible from the several matches against another account logging from your same house (same connection and IP) in a really short time (same hour), adding as well the fact that you won all of them.

In total transparency, I think that the staff member handling it was a bit too much harsh (without absolutely any bad intent as the staff is one who always supported and stood by community side), although this was partially a consequence of you lying entirely or partially. 
It just looks however that you have not yet wrote a complaint about it in order to have a review about the case, but what you(or your brother) did after the appeal was just starting to insult the staff handling it.

I will in any case invite you to make an official complaint here so we'll go back on the case: General Complaint Area.

Kind regards,

- Keita

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

1 hour ago, PrayforStefan said:

After reading, what Keita/Wally have been writing, i rather current staff over the old one, seems like it was a huge fiesta who could press the mute and ban button fastest.

Indeed, this staff era is far better than all those came before, including mine. However, to suggest that old staff (i'm assuming you're speaking of us) has played the mash the button faster game is utterly disrespectful. We had over 4k active users with 1600 server player slots. Mind you, this was waay before rules, punishment policies and staff rules were a thing. Now, multiply that by the multitude of bans, RMT's, Item dupes, NPC's that gave you 10m everytime you interacted with etc etc. We played the "mash the button" because the game was in utter chaos. If we havent played the button game, PRO's economy would be non-existant, the game would advertised under "avoid at all costs" bc of overrun toxicity, cheating and whatever you can think of.

Edited by Orihara
spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

20 minutes ago, Orihara said:

Indeed, this staff era is far better than all those came before, including mine. However, to suggest that old staff (i'm assuming you're speaking of us) has played the mash the button faster game is utterly disrespectful. We had over 4k active users with 1600 server player slots. Mind you, this was waay before rules, punishment policies and staff rules were a thing. Now, multiply that by the multitude of bans, RMT's, Item dupes, NPC's that gave you 10m everytime you interacted with etc etc. We played the "mash the button" because the game was in utter chaos. If we havent played the button game, PRO's economy would be non-existant, the game would advertised under "avoid at all costs" bc of overrun toxicity, cheating and whatever you can think of.

Oh well, that gives a good meaning then, never knew that the game was that "big" since the ppl that recommend me the game,  didnt know the history of it. 

So thanks for clearing it, then it isnt that bad at all.

Edit: didnt mean to be disrespectful, i was just clueless about the game state before 2018, so i Only know the stufffrom this thread. 

Edited by PrayforStefan

2 hours ago, Shinohara said:

Ehi there @Sir

I have actually checked the case and I can confirm that there are signs of boosting there, visible from the several matches against another account logging from your same house (same connection and IP) in a really short time (same hour), adding as well the fact that you won all of them.

In total transparency, I think that the staff member handling it was a bit too much harsh (without absolutely any bad intent as the staff is one who always supported and stood by community side), although this was partially a consequence of you lying entirely or partially. 
It just looks however that you have not yet wrote a complaint about it in order to have a review about the case, but what you(or your brother) did after the appeal was just starting to insult the staff handling it.

I will in any case invite you to make an official complaint here so we'll go back on the case: General Complaint Area.

Kind regards,

- Keita

Destroyed in seconds.

• Like 1

• Administrator

Hello, @Belzebel.

I will divide this post in different parts in order to provide as much clarification as possible, pre-announcing that it will include details in order to support the statements that will be done.

On 6/25/2021 at 12:52 AM, Belzebel said:

I noticed some staff are very quick to ban, sometimes with no warning,

Unfortunately, the way ban and appeal works is something you have never been able to grasp despite I have tried to explain you them several times, both when you were within the staff team and as well outside.

The problem starts in the first place when you say "quick to ban", making it sound in a bad thing, for the simple reason that you have no clue about how bans works despite I explained you several times every time you were getting punished for something and even in other moments.

Warning exists, but there are few variables that affect how and if they are issued. I have already explained you them several times, but lets mention some here:

1. The rule that is being violated:
    • For Chat Infraction & Trade Infraction, if sending a warning here or not is totally and entirely situational cause there are both big and small infractions in both.

Chat Infraction
      Making the example of something small, like it can be a little spam, we generally just issue a warning if the user has never broken rules before. If the user has already broken rules before, and therefore this means he already is familiar with rules and specially already received a warning for something else before, we issue a mute ban.
      For something heavier, for example involving racism like it can be «"Ehi you all nigga should die"» or, making a non-racist example, something like «"you fucking retard go fucking die you bastard», which is obviously way more serious and unacceptable, we just issue a mute ban directly without any previous warning.
      The reason why there is a division between the severity of the infraction is obvious, where one is a little thing that does not damage anyone or, if it does, is something small, and the other (racist/insult, etc) is something that affect the whole community and damages it.

Trade Infraction
      Exactly like Chat Infractions, even here there are infractions more serious than others.
      A small Trade Infraction could simply be a user advertising a pokemon wrongly (eexample saying he sell a pokemon saying it's all +20 when in reality its stats are below), while a bigger one is a succesful scam.
      First is a warning, remembering the fact that warning are issued only if you have not received any punishment before, cause if you did then you should have familiarized with the rules and also have already received a warn, while the second instead (succesful scam) is a direct trade ban for X days.
      Even here, the reason is simple. in the second one is a real damage to a player that sometimes cannot even be reversed if not reported on time/fast and therefore deserves a direct trade ban while in the first a direct trade ban is not needed (remembering the previous punishment stuff) as the damage is something really small.

• GM Infraction
      Giving that GM handles the most serious infractions possible, warnings before ban do not exists here or are really really rare.
      Some of the serious things GM handle are: Real Money Trading (accounts, item, pokemons being sold or bought for real-life money which also harm and destroy economy), Unauthorized Software (usage of illegal software to gain unfair advantage over other players and also harm and destroy the economy), Bug Abusing (abusing of possible bugs to gain unfair advantage over other users and destroy economy, there was a issue in 2018 were people could duplicate Coin Capsule for example).

None of these things deserve a warn before ban.

Imagine someone duplicating Coin Capsules (like happened in 2018) on purpose and starting to sell them.
      Going there and telling them «"Ehi, saw you are bug abusing and selling the products of it, can you just stop please?"» after the user gained millions after selling bug abused things.
      It would be incredibly stupid and totally unfair toward the honest players.

Same goes toward someone who is using Macro (unauthorized software) to farm money or pokemon for hours while being outside of home.
      What do you tell them? «"Ehi, sorry for the disturb, saw you using macro and farmed 3 millions and also caught a epic charmander while you were sleeping, just don't do it anymore, ok?"»
      It would be totally unfair toward honest players who farmed hard to obtain those things.

No need to say but if the users in the appeal are honest and cooperative, and the damage they brought/did can be removed (example they farmed 5 millions pokedollars with macro, and they still have them so they can be removed) then we will obviously offer a second chance if that's their first infractions.

2. The punishment history of the user:
    • If someone has already previous punishments received, the user should be already well aware of the rules and have familiarized with them, specially since they should have received already a warn or got told by staff to familiarized with rules during the appeal.
      I mean, rules in general should be read before playing if we would like to be technically true, but we are anyway kind enough to issue just a warning at the first infraction and remind users to familiarize with them.

but take ages to handle appeals. Why? I would like to suggest that, if you are gonna ban someone, why not make sure to be around to handle the appeal in the same day? Or at least before the temporary ban ends, preferable within a week after banning. PRO have lots of mods, it doesn't seem to be an impossible request.

Some appeals mainly take long time for two (or three, although third is really small) reasons:

• Infraction is a really problematic and big one (for example Account Hacks and RMT)
  • User has a really long punishment history, on multiple platform (game, official pro discord, official tournaments discord + other stuff like spreading lies to incite riots toward staff) and therefore we need to understand what and how we want to actually proceed.
  • Smallest of the things, Staff members being volunteers and therefore having like 3 hours available today, maybe 6 tomorrow and maybe only 1 the next day.
    Teerav was a moderation staff member in the past, you can ask him about the activity time, where there are people who can just handle 2 hours a day, which seems a lot but is not.

But lets go down and make an example of a really problematic case, making a GM one for example, which is probably the most known complaint:

Example: 
PlayerA starts to sell their account goods in change of real-life money (EUR/USD just to give an example). He sells 500.000 pokedollars and 9 pokemon to 10 different users.

• Yes, what just described looks incredibly messed up, however that's how 95% of the RMT cases are.
    In this case what we do in the first place is banning all the seller accounts (obviously) and then start to check all his trade logs of all his accounts from A to Z (even past one that might be 1 year before the RMT happened) to find every single user he sold the items to, and the trades that looks suspicious and investigate them.

Now that we handled the seller, it's time for the buyers. Who bought from PlayerA(seller) is potentially involved in other RMTs, we cannot know until we find. So GM will go and check all the trade logs of the buyers cause maybe the buyer decided to move the bought goods on his alt accounts to hide them.
    Now lets suppose that the buyer has 3 accounts, this means that GM will have to go and check all the trades and connections in those 3 accounts where maybe the user did hundred trades in his game-life.
    Multiply that for the 10 different buyers and each buyer has 2-3 accounts (even if, as staff, most of the rmters have even more than 3-4), this means you will have to check all the trades and connections of 25-35 accounts (seller included).

In the end, during the appeal, the user will be asked to be honest and cooperative and we will have to verify everything he says with the data we obtained. We are pretty kind during appeals, to my opinion, to the point where people deny even speedhacking despite they do that in front of other 50 players and get reported by 10 of them but we still give them more chances to be honest so we can offer them another chance to play with their account.

Few months ago, our GMs found a mass RMTer group that had sold more than 800 millions pokedollars in total and the account to check were more than 155, which takes even more than a week.

Another question: Why can't I request another mod to handle my appeals if I don't trust the one doing so? I noticed poor behaviour from one of the staff and wish not to have this staff handling my appeal. And I requested that, he closed the appeal. Lemme know if you want me to name them.

If a player trust or not a staff member, it really does not mean the staff member is actually unprofessional or handle the case wrongly. 

The only times where a staff member is not allowed to handle a punishment is when the said staff member is the one being involved. For example, is someone start to say "Keita is a fucking retarded idiot", I will not handle it myself but pass it to someone else.

Here below the evidence:

image.png

Really important as well that the reason you are not able to pick another MOD to handle your appeal is exactly what you have done, Belzebel, by playing the staff roulette and showing how much abusive that can be.

1. You first were unsatisfied with Qeight;
  2. So you came to me (Keita/Shinohara), which was fine to a certain point despite Qeight did not abuse power or punished you wrongly (and 10 different admins from 2018, period Qeight joined, until now can confirm you that, Red/Sugar/Mage/Arkos/Eaty-Walross/Shaolan-Cames/Fluffles/Xylos/Shinohara/Logan/, so I don't understand why you say different unless you think all of us are blind).
  3. After that you were even unsatisfied with me (for the ban with the viadinho), which in the future evolved even in starting trashtalking me as well using as well racist terms and spreading lies about me (we'll get to this point later), therefore Walross talked to you about your behaviour (you were still in staff).
  4. After Walross,  months later, in order to explain you the OnlyFans and what was wrong with having it in our community, Ehkoe intervened to help (both as your friend and as well as staff) and talk to you.

All of this in the last year of course (2020), however if we consider even before than 2020 then more than 8 different staff members handled your punishments, and you always complained about them.

Also, that number without counting all the one that actually warned you within the staff about your behaviour issues like you jumping within discussions about PVP (when we were still deciding it within staff and had not a council) and calling brainless people that had a different opinion than you and then calling them sexist after they asked you nicely and kind to refrain from coming out of nowhere and start insulting or disrespecting people calling them brainless for using a specific pvp style, as that's unnecessary and not productive.

Just leaving a little part of it here, to give context, but not gonna go further as it's unneeded and the aim is not shaming or similar but just explaining that a lot of the things you see are just reaction after the  staff team (not only qeight) just is not able to absorb unjustified insults and hate anymore.

Spoiler

unknown.pngimage.png

I mean, you were the first staff member in history that needed to be muted on the staff discord due to the continuous insults toward other staff.

In no mean this is meant to insult you, obviously, but what you always did and shown was that you just played the Staff Roulette and looked for a staff member who actually agree with your vision and not a staff member who handle your case fairly and justly as it's correct to be. 

As for the appeal that was locked, it was not locked immediately but you were given an accurate explanation on why you were banned, shown you evidences as well of when you got warned about the topic (warned before the ban, out of kindness, so you had time to not commit that infraction anymore despite you had already more than 15 in total).

You however tried to force a change of MOD and ignore the appeal itself, despite as I explained above it's just not possible to change MOD for the reason mentioned above plus the fact of how you abused that "want a different mod" system or the complaint in general about who was banning you/the bans you were receiving from different people.

Appeal was therefore locked in the moment you were not cooperative and just pretended us to once again do what you want.

Also, why are staff allowed to call players "idiot" or taunt them? I saw Teerav quoting something said by a staff, and he was taunted and called stupid for that. They also avoided talking about the relevant subject Teerav quoted. Other staff ganked in to defend the staff. Pretty immature behaviour. Was something done about it? Or is it just allowed? Lemme know if you want screenshots.

No, staff member are not allowed to call others idiot. But, at the same time, players are not allowed to do the same.

Please, refer to this post I made before for some extra detail about the first part: HERE (Written by Shinohara) and HERE (written by Walross)  and then keep reading here.

Qeight/Felix way of addressing the whole hate toward him has been wrong as he used a wrong language, but he reached a point where I think that he's totally right in being really mad about the way he's being treated. 

You specially Belzebel throw a lot of hate toward staff, and this is easy to prove just by watching your videos where not only spread lies and trashtalk but also target people (despite you complained in the past where some player did it with you).

I will literally make an easy example here about it.

In the past, in a private discord, I mentioned not being a fan of onlyfans and I preferred it not existing for various reasons (I still think it like that and will add reasons below), and stating that's different, in my opinion, than a porn actor/ess career. Reasons for that thought are literally these (as stated as well to a friend I talked with few days ago):

image.png

However, you literally took my statement about it should not exists and transformed it into:

image.png

Put into a Google Doc and sent it into a guild discord with more than 2500 users inside. (and later said google doc/screenshot went around the community)

All of this is honestly cringe and sad.

Also, bias behaviour for the onlyfans ban (discussing your patreon that contains +18 material and even send a warn when you open it)? You were talked by 3 people before getting banned, exactly cause it could have been prevented, but you just ignored and kept doing it..

Lets add as well the fact that, as a person who cared about you in the past, I tried to stop you in 35 different ways from breaking rules even to the point of dedicating you 12 hours in a row to talk with you about explaining you the situation, how you were breaking the rules and how to actually behave and report taunts/provocation from other players without answering to them.

As you were ignoring me and keep breaking rules (and since discussing with you when you have a different opinion is just close to be impossible), I just tried to approach Teerav so he could have probably helped you better in understanding that you were just once punishment away from the permanent ban (where banning is something that no staff, and specially me, like doing).

I didn't talk to teerav with any bad intention, specially since I never had a bad intention within the PRO related environments.

I do this with the community in general, and I can prove it as I have done to you in PM.

Last week, a user was starting to break rules and getting worse, so what I did was asking to a friend of this person (within staff) to actually talk to him and block him before it would have gotten to far so we could have both fixed the situation before it was gonna be too late and avoided a ban, since ban sucks specially in situation they can be prevented.

image.png

However, about it, what did you do? Made this piece of art and spread it.

image.png

Included this into your google doc and spread that into a community with 2500 PRO players, which later got shared around.

This not only is racist for obvious reason (it clearly is as you are using my nationality to judge me) "Japanese sexist culture", regardless the fact you called "sexist" over than 20 staff members even when you were a staff member simply cause they told you to remain respectful if you wanted to participate in discussions and you were replying "Oh yeah, I am a woman so I have to shut up cause I am an object... you are sexist", despite no one ever said anything even minimally close to that (and there were other women in the discussion) but people just asked you to not insult people with a different mindset.

Which was followed by further spread of hate:

image.png

So, in short, no staff should be allowed to behave like this but recently the frustration shown and verbal abuse is literally a result of not being able to absorb anymore all of this hate based on lies and false things.

Small mention to the fact on how you created us hundred hours of work by saying in your video by calling it HOW TO GET UNBANNED saying that all the banned people should go and appeal again mentioning they felt humiliated by staff. Despite they had already appealed and complained already in the past, and I mention past cause you made people spam that stuff in more than 300 people all with the same copy paste message you passed them that had already their case solved and complain reviewed and handled by one of the admin/leader in the last 4 years.

This is just the tip of the iceberg obviously, but this is not the place aimed at pointing out everything unless further spread of lies are done where it will be necessary to point out any false-accuse and just say the truth done to avoid people being innocently being put in the bad light.

The same happen with players obviously, which is why I had no problems in mentioning Rise (a former staff member we kicked) who damaged players by power abusing.

In my eyes there is not just black or white, regardless if it's player or staff, truth is necessary and the spreading of lies and false accusation to put people in a bad light is just wrong.

I will also make you other examples here below to make you understand what I mean with player unjustified hate.

As I mentioned them in another post, I  will simply put them in a spoiler so they are easier to close for the one who read them already:

Spoiler
  1. Example one.
    Few months ago there was a really big group of Real Money Traders that in total were actually selling (obviously not from a single account but many) around 900.000.000 Pokedollars (900 millions).
    Said staff member found it and banned all of them, both the seller and the buyer exactly as it is correct to be since Real Money Trading is a really serious infraction that can potentially destroy the game economy.
    This group was from a single specific country and a few of the banned went to complain to a PRO Youtuber they were following saying they were unjustly banned and the staff member was racist.
    This Youtuber started publicly accusing the staff member of racism and banning innocents, which has lead the story to get bigger and bigger until this person and staff (admins) started to receive threats from many users supporting that youtuber and thinking what said was true.

Now, unfortunately, we cannot address these things publicly cause it's sort of unprofessional to call out people in front of everyone.
    However, the staff member called "idiot" or "stupid" (I don't remember which one of them) that person who did their best to put people against the staff who issued the punishment.
    Was it correct to call them stupid/idiot? Honestly not correct and not even worth the staff member time.
    However, we are humans and therefore get tilted as well when we experience such things. Does it justify any disrespect? Absolutely not, but that's exactly to say that things are never just black or white and there are many things that cannot be seen by a lot of users but users just assume that the staff his doing everything alone and starting it.

2. Example two.
    We have a user who was able to reach the total amount of mutes necessary to get permanently banned. This number is exactly 8.
    In short, this user, a pvp player, was being toxic against opponents every time he had the chance to (mocking them or their skill after beating them, insulting them after this user was losing, etc)
    Every mute the user was receiving he was making an appeal, where he was promising to not be toxic anymore and follow rules/respect other players.
    However, after not even a month it was back to the start with the user being toxic again.
    Time passes and mute by mute the user reaches his 8 mute and then the permanent ban as the limit was reached and crossed.
    User at that point appeal, as he was permanently banned, and ask for a final chance. The staff member believes him and his words and decides to give him a last chance, however giving him a long mute despite the unban (this is how policy works after you get out from a permanent ban, having reached the limit, for toxicity).
    The user really happy accept it, a mute of 250 days aimed at making him reform and chill.

The 250 days of mute passes, the user played without any problem until then. However, after the mute ends, not even a month later the user was back again being toxic, insulting after losing and mocking players after winning. This lasted for months, he continued doing it for months until we checked chat log and people started reporting him.
    At that point, the staff members decide to issue the last permanent ban as it was clear that the user could not get reformed.
    In that way we lost a PRO veteran player, and it sucks but at the same time we cannot give a special treatment to people only cause they are old players.

We had initially thought about having him playing with a permanent mute, however the limit was already reached and honestly it would have been unfair toward all the players (new and old) that this user had insulted and mocked until now.
    Lets be clear, there are players that know they are toxic and therefore ask us (before getting punished) to kindly mute them so they are chill and can play without any concern. In fact, we appreciate that, as player realize they can't control themselves and want to play without causing problems.

Anyway, after that person was banned, he started to try to put an entire community (the community of his country) against staff, even going as far as saying that if he will find that staff member he will stab him with a knife and kill him.
    In that way we got a big community from a country against us for something that staff had no fault with.

3. Example three, and last one.
    Long story short, during Summer Tournament 2019 the user winning the gold tournament had cheated the whole tournament by making someone else playing for him. Host were me and that staff member.
    That staff member realized something was wrong and pushed for a investigation which has lead to the user being called racist by that person and spreading the fact he was racist for doing that check. (user was trying to defend himself and play the racist card to block the investigation)
    Also, that person had a relative within the staff team that also pushed and promoted the "you are racist" card. (this is explained better later).

Unfortunately, time passes and we cannot find anything solid about it  (we ban only after solid evidences) so we just close the investigation.
    Few months later, this group of people have a discussion and stop being friends so they start to report each other. It was then that we found evidences about it, as they literally reported the whole tournament situation where, sadly, the staff member (the relative mentioned above) also helped in cheating the tournament and hiding it.

Needless to say, the staff member was kicked and the user got their first prize removed.
    However staff got once again a big amount of people hating staff and that staff member despite nothing wrong was done on our end, but people just blindly believed their friend.

If the majority of the players do not appreciate how a staff is treating us or handling situations, will something be done about it? Or are we going to be ignored? Will this thread be another one of those to let players express themselves but nothing will be done about it? Please, lemme know before keep investing time in this game.

Thank you for your time.

Already addressed this Staff Roulette above and how much abusive it can be.

Action will be taken only if the staff member is directly involved in the case (e.g If you in-game insult me, I cannot ban and handle the case and I have given example above) or they abused power (in that case will be removed if there are evidences to support that claim, since we don't punish someone only cause player says stuff but is not able to prove it and on our logs everything is fine) or they have misused power or treated the banned user wrongly due to personal reasons or similar.

However, none of that happened until now in the case you mentioned.

Or, if it happened, then 10 different admins (Red, Arkos, Sugar, Mage, Eaty/Walross, Shaolan/Cames, Fluffles, Xylos, me-Shinohara and Logan) from 2018 until today are totally unaware of it and I invite you to properly report it.

Please, read as well the link I passed in the second part of the post HERE (Written by Shinohara) and HERE (written by Walross) cause they are important and address things that I didn't repeat just to avoid a 30 kilometre post.

Kind regards, 

- Keita

• Like 10

image.gif

• Administrator
On 6/25/2021 at 12:53 AM, UnionJess said:

This is what I was going to bring up as well, I'm fairly sure we may be thinking of the same staff member. I've seen screenshots of him being disrespectful and rude to both active and banned players (falsely banned or otherwise.) Talking down to them, mocking them, making jabs at them. Far be it from me to tell you guys how to control your staff, but I've administrated a lot of forums in my time and that dude would have been gone long ago. Every single person here deserves to be treated with respect until they've proven extremely undeserving of it, this particular staff member seems unwilling to do that.

I have a feeling we don't even need to name that staff member, from the few staff members I have spoken to he's a known issue among you guys... Yet he's still here? I know a lot of you guys are great and care about the game and it's community, but staff members like that are giving you a very bad name among the playerbase. 

Hi there @UnionJess

I have already addressed the reason of why users cannot pick a different mod in another post aimed at Belzebel's question.

You can find it  HERE (Click to Open) and I invite you to read it as it answer your whole point (pick another mod and staff being rude) really accurately.

In that post it was aimed at Belzebel, but you have to see it as the fact that everyone can do what she did, which is literally playing the Staff Roulette and abusing such a system by changing 350 staff members with the aim to find someone that agree with you when the correct thing should just be wanting a staff member that handle the case fairly and justly, as it's correct to be.

My suggestion is to read that post and try to generalize it into your head while reading it, to understand that thing is doable by everyone (also reading the examples related to the staff hate and how it gets created)

I am sorry if my answer to you is rather short, but rather than repeating myself I would redirect you toward the post where I have answered already all of this in a really accurate way HERE (Click to Open)

If you have any other question, feel free to ask me and i'll be happy to answer.

Kind regards, 

- Keita

image.gif