Lets talk together about Staff & Player relationship !

Shinohara

22 hours ago, Shinohara said:

I think the biggest misconception that exists within the community is how complaints, votes and number works.

Everyone opinion matter and is important, no one excluded, as long as it's forwarded with respect.

However,  there are few things to mentions:

• Accepting, respecting and valuing a lot an opinion doesn't mean that you have to agree with it. 
  • Numbers of how many suggest or vote for something doesn't matter. What matter is the content of the suggestion/complaint and the arguments provided.
  • What direction the DEVs want the game to take is really important.

Number of opinions and value of them

Regarding the number, it's easy to make an example about it. if 300 people says "Ban Charizard." and then one person comes out will say "I think Charizard should be banned due to X reason, Z reason, Y reason and here below you can find all the data I have collected to support my argument." (I think Jorogumo does it greatly tbh) we will value that single person feedback in a higher and better way than the others.

And let me clarify that English is not the reason of why 98% of people actually is unable to give a productive and constructive argument/feedback/opinion.

Why? Is that person special?

Absolutely no, simply that person is providing a constructive and productive argument supported by data, meanwhile the other 300 people saying "Ban Charizard." are providing pretty much nothing and are unable to even properly give a constructive and productive argument.

Accepting&Respecting an opinion doesn't mean agreeing with it

Exactly what title say. This is not understood by many people and sometimes they (not everyone obviously but a portion of them) try to force their vision within the game and try to force us to do what they want.

This is wrong, and should not happen in any way. Being annoyed by an update is perfectly fine, however in not a single game I played the community can force the staff to do what they want.

At most, if the community see that the direction the game is taking (decided by DEVs, considering as well community feedback of course) is not the one they like and that it won't change for now, then they are able to leave the game or take a break to see how the new update will turn out to be(all of us played a game and then left it later).

I think you got my post misconstrued, I could give a rats-[butt] about any bans. That post was literally meant to troll the community who were complaining about Staff or using the post for just open ban appeals. Literally made it for pure satire ._.  lol.  I was ok with the gren ban lol. I just did that out of pure satire of the situation of everyone complaining. Sorry for wasting your time with a response my dude.

@Haruyukioand @Headphones are the Lebron James and Kobe Bryant or Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo of PRO Staff. Yall need to give them rewards for MVP

Now about your other mods.... I dont want to put names or screen shots of conversations here but heres the thing:

I understand that you guys chose certain mods based on diversity and what languages they are fluent in. However, when you get a mod who doesn't have the best English reading comprehension and just spout terrible nonsense over and over and are biased in their decisions... you guys lose loyal players due to this. I have been wrongfully banned on so many occasions due to trolls (usually non-american players) who gang up on me spamming toxic troll messages to get a reaction. I react cause I had a stressful day and then they SS the last message box and report me LOL and I get banned and they continue to do this cause there is a huge hole in your policies. I didnt report other players until the 2nd half of my time player pro (been playing since 2016 so only past few years i started reporting). I didnt feel the need to report players who are imbeciles, but then I realized I kinda have to if I want to make sure they don't run havoc on the community since they think they can get away with it. Also the PRO "infraction" record is completely unorganized and terrible. I had many "infractions" count as double and many infractions that I proved to be unwarranted and mods appealed but they still count as infractions on my record? This kind of BS is what made PRO lose tons of loyal players, the server has not grown in popularity in many years because of the aforementioned reasons as well as the many other reasons people here have posted. 

No game has a perfect community/staff, we get it. But THIS level of negligence and incompetence is due to there being no motivation provided to the Staff. Staff are not paid and I get it, its a community ran server so having to pay all staff would be rough. However, why not pay the veteran mods that have been providing amazing player service a weekly Pokedollar salary? My boy @Haruyukio doesnt even play PRO much but hes on the forums 24/7. We did not discuss this and he never complained to me about anything, I am just speaking on behalf of amazing mods like haruyukio. They deserve more compensation and by doing so, Walross should be providing this kind of incentive/compensation to his staff because that will improve quality and relations. It all starts at the top for any business, if its all about stuffing $$ in their own pockets and not providing for his team.. then its obvious this crap would happen and I don't put much blame on the staff but the owner of the server who is getting paid $$. Don't have to pay Pro staff with Real life currencies but please compensate them better for their hard work (they deal with constant crap everyday) and maybe have MVP awards each month to those who are as amazing as Haruyukio.  

Edited by Seoulmate
  • Like 1

eevo.gif.88d014eddc516ba802b8acd79ad33113.gif

4 hours ago, Seoulmate said:

then they SS the last message box and report me LOL

Thats why you should always SS your conversation if it toxic in nature.

why not pay the veteran mods

Under fairuse agreement, which is the legal greyarea how pokemon mmos are made and stay alive. Staff/owners are not allowed to pocket the donations for themselves, unless they want a lawsuit. Or someone in staff is jeff bezos rich and doesnt mind throwing money away.

maybe have MVP awards

İsnt that basicaly the yearly PRO awards made by the community?

I didnt feel the need to report players who are imbeciles, but then I realized I kinda have to if I want to make sure they don't run havoc on the community

The literal dream of every moderation staff regardless of game, is having a self-moderating community with reports etc.
To put into perspective, lets say an epidemic of trolls took over PRO, staff alone can clean it up in lets say 3 months tops, with a self-moderating community it'll take 3 weeks.

Edited by Orihara
  • Like 2
spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

1 hour ago, Orihara said:

Under fairuse agreement, which is the legal greyarea how pokemon mmos are made and stay alive. Staff/owners are not allowed to pocket the donations for themselves, unless they want a lawsuit. Or someone in staff is jeff bezos rich and doesnt mind throwing money away.

Why did you deliberately leave the end of his quote out? He said pay them with pokedollars, not donations.

"why not pay the veteran mods that have been providing amazing player service a weekly Pokedollar salary?"

Not that I care about that suggestion, but you clearly took it out of context.

Edited by 666G0D999
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 666G0D999 said:

Why did you deliberately leave the end of his quote out? He said pay them with pokedollars, not donations.

"why not pay the veteran mods that have been providing amazing player service a weekly Pokedollar salary?"

staff alrleady get paid in coin capsules every once in a while if im not mistaken , not to mention the staff mons they get as a privilege.

• Like 1

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

3 minutes ago, Ghabra said:

staff alrleady get paid in coin capsules every once in a while if im not mistaken , not to mention the staff mons they get as a privilege.

I know. They get staff mons and cosmetics. I'm not saying they should get payed pokedollars.

What I'm saying is, he left out the end of the quote and twisted the meaning, or he didn't read the post properly.

Edited by 666G0D999
  • Checked/Done 1

On 6/29/2021 at 2:11 PM, Orihara said:

Thats why you should always SS your conversation if it toxic in nature.

İsnt that basicaly the yearly PRO awards made by the community?

The literal dream of every moderation staff regardless of game, is having a self-moderating community with reports etc.
To put into perspective, lets say an epidemic of trolls took over PRO, staff alone can clean it up in lets say 3 months tops, with a self-moderating community it'll take 3 weeks.

Where does all those item mall payments go then.... It definitely doesn't go to the server as the stability is atrocious. And as 666god quoted you with, I never said pay the mods/staff REAL money, you cut out where I said weekly Pokedollars. I don't think PRO community will have an issue with Mods getting better compensation as a lot of them deal with constant crap all day every day. Customer service is one of the hardest/stressful jobs out there and the worst part is they get compensated the least, but here we can change that and compensate our Mods better so they can take their roles more seriously and increase quality of the server. I do believe that some mods, especially ones that I had to deal with were ignorant, biased, and insulting and the "power" they have as mods have messed with their heads. I think having the veterans retrain or quality check each other would be a good thing to do. I am not a mod, dont plan on being one, and dont have many friends that are mods so I feel when I say they should get compensated better has more weight as I am unbiased in my opinion here. 

Edited by Seoulmate

eevo.gif.88d014eddc516ba802b8acd79ad33113.gif

50 minutes ago, 666G0D999 said:

Just to inform with my limited knowledge, i'm not qualified to be able to discuss such matters as a method of "reward" 

• Like 1
spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.