Lets talk together about Staff & Player relationship !

Shinohara

Sup,

To follow Pinklax's post :

I think 3500000 ivs was really to high.

You needed 17500 ivs for 0,5%, so ( 17500 ivs / (186 / 2 = 93)) = 188 bidoofs to be potentially safe.

Let's say you catch one bidoof each min, the result will be 3 hours and 8 min.

Then you had to SUBMIT all of them 5 by 5, a horrific task 🙂. 188 / 5 = 37,6, so 38 min.

It took me 4 hours to do everything mentionned above. But not everyone was hyped, nor had maybe the time to hunt a t1 for 4 hours straight ( Work, Timezone etc...)

I understand that Walross had in mind that even if this is such a big number, a t1 is relatively easy to hunt and therefore no problems should have occured. But the difference here is 17500 ivs feel like an enormous mountain to climb on. And not everyone was enough motivated to do it. 100 bidoof max would have been better imo.

Let's not forget that there is a certain quantity of newbies that didn't have access to Sinnoh, where bidoof spawns are.

So to avoid that end in the future, I would suggest Walross to lower needed ivs, to come back on old WQs  where you needed like 1/4 less ivs than the current ones. Those old WQs were a pleasant hunting party.

On the other hand, current WQs can be really frustrating for unlucky people if they don't finish it at time with their occupation etc...

Take as an example yesterday WQ with Archen that needed 880ish ivs, I know some people that got 2 Archen in 2 hours ! They can't allow themself to stay this amount of time for reasons listed above. Without mentionning the Bidoof one that felt like a FATALITY for some people.

After explaining all of this, if the decision hadn't been rushed as Cosanostra said. None of this would have happened. Don't get me wrong, It's ok to do mistakes ! You have a hell of a game, don't waste it.

I hope Walross will take this in consideration for next WQs.

With all of that said, I wish you a good day.

Kind Regards.

Fafouney.

Edited by Fafouney
  • Like 10
  • Checked/Done 1

12 hours ago, Belzebel said:

I think, as a Dmod you should focus on the purpose of the thread. Instead of being against me and proving me wrong, why not focus on improving the relationship between staff and players.

Answering your predictable quote though, yea I know people can lie their ages. However, Youtube is telling me my people are over 18. So thats the only facts I have. The same way I can't confirm my public is over 18, you guys can't confirm my public isn't either. You have no facts at all. And, even if they were under than 18, this is not my problem. Now can you please focus on what matters and forget about me, Dmod?

Just apologize or something, stop defending yourself. Just accept your wrong or something like that Idk.. But just stop defending everything you did. You know most of the things you did were bad, so just accept it and lets move on. But nooo.. You just keep defending yourself, like everything you did can be justified. It can't

2 minutes ago, ShadowDanny said:

Just apologize or something, stop defending yourself. Just accept your wrong or something like that Idk.. But just stop defending everything you did. You know most of the things you did were bad, so just accept it and lets move on. But nooo.. You just keep defending yourself, like everything you did can be justified. It can't

I mean, is not like the post is about her behavior, to "move on" people should drop the bone of disliking the person and keeping attacking and focus on the thread. (you guys are just showing her points lol) It's better to let staff handle this in a more private issue or this will be just a public shaming of 2 sides.

Regarding of the WQ, i TOTALLY agree with  @Fafouneyand @Pinklax, the WQ was a failure, the intention was good, but the amount of iv was a shot of bazooka in the feet. I believe most players lost even more motivation (the ones that wasted 3-4hours). I recommend to put the testers to go for the 0,55 needed before each WQ, i know there is a randomizer, but i believe this can help to avoid stuff like "unfair spawns" and avoid situations where everyone need to dedicate 3hours to find 2 pokes.

https://tenor.com/view/anime-cute-blushing-rejected-gif-9959247

Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars....THAN NERF THIS!

Lets see... What do I think about staff? Well nothing is wrong with them, I started playing this game at exactly 1 year ago, and so far nothing bad has happened. But what's all this thing about Qeight? Lmao... Do most of you even know the dude? I feel this thread is just a massive outbreak of players randomly hating on a guy they don't even know. Why do you hate him btw? Is it because he punished you for something you deserved? Or was it because after all his hard work to improve the game, he did not want to be disrespected by the likes of PRO players who don't even know what he does? Why don't you be a GM and deal with the kind of people in PRO and tell me if you will be able to take the amount of nonsense he takes. @Qeight, You are a good staff, keep doing what your doing. Just don't be so harsh and so brutal when you talk to others. I love this game and community. I could give jack what the staff do with this game. If they want to improve it so be it. If they want to be mean to players so be it, Its their game... I mean we all lived all through our lives until 2014 when PRO was created right? So if you don't like the game, just do what you were doing when PRO was not created. 

Thats all I have to say fellas and girllas.... Cia

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SainteBaguette said:

I mean, is not like the post is about her behavior, to "move on" people should drop the bone of disliking the person and keeping attacking and focus on the thread. (you guys are just showing her points lol) It's better to let staff handle this in a more private issue or this will be just a public shaming of 2 sides.

Regarding of the WQ, i TOTALLY agree with  @Fafouneyand @Pinklax, the WQ was a failure, the intention was good, but the amount of iv was a shot of bazooka in the feet. I believe most players lost even more motivation (the ones that wasted 3-4hours). I recommend to put the testers to go for the 0,55 needed before each WQ, i know there is a randomizer, but i believe this can help to avoid stuff like "unfair spawns" and avoid situations where everyone need to dedicate 3hours to find 2 pokes.

The WQ... had good intentions... It had the right idea... but poor execution. It was a waste of most people time and most of my friends are complaining how they lost money to Pokeballs and I do feel for them (Ofc I didn't even dare do the WQ, cause I haven't done Sinnoh and we all know Bidoof isnt the true god, Its Rattata).

16 hours ago, Madtrainer said:

I am a bit scared to say that, but I personnaly never understood this hate against Q8.

I remember him from Yellow Server, he was very cool and helpfull.

He probly do and did some mistakes, as everybody.

It must be, obviously, very hard to stay respectful with people who arent.

Dosent mean he can be rude freely, but it dosent mean he is a bad staff.

Someone pin this please, finally someone saying something Smart about the felix situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xarcom said:

Someone pin this please, finally someone saying something Smart about the felix situation.

The thing is about the behavior, not about his work. The posts about it are about how he speaks, his work is very good and needed for the community, people criticizing his WORK, mostly can be banned/heavily punished, but the behavior have a merit in the critic. We all have different experiences with different people, we can't generalize our opinion with everyone else. I have a good relationship with Felix (he blocks me and unblocks me every 3 days after i annoy him), but i can only say that for myself, if others show evidences, i have to see the facts (like i do). So clearly have a mistreatment issue that need to be WORKED ON. I recommend reading former staff Chris post for example.

• Like 2
https://tenor.com/view/anime-cute-blushing-rejected-gif-9959247

Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars....THAN NERF THIS!

Pasting this here to get ignored by staff since my thread was locked.

I never had issue with staff, in fact, I always said PRO, comparing it to other games I played, had one of the best staff I've seen.

We all agree the charmander World Quest was a complete disaster. Of course, this was something that wasn't too easy to handle. They made another WQ, which was awesome, if not for:

1. They manage the numbers, they knew it was impossible.

2. They made fun of us after not completing it through a system link, showing this image.

image.png.3c4ff2587b9fdf1898ffe6e3d61e7de0.png.438385b0f06bd4dd2ac0c24584f5be4a.png

I wasn't going to rant until that system message popped up. You are basically laughing at us.

Now imagine someone who plays casually because he doesn't have much time, but still loves the game. Imagine he scheduled his time so he was free for 1st WQ. Well, bad luck, he could not do it because of all of the crashes, nothing to do here. Surprise, good news! There's another WQ to "compensate" the last one. Somehow he finds the time to play, and spend 3-4 hours to complete it, just for the goal to not be met. Well, yeah, that's how the system works, I would say, if it wasn't because of the points I mentioned above.

I'm not asking them to give us a ticket, or any compensation (although many probably should get one because of the time spent). I'm only ranting about their burlesque attitude, which, if you ask me, doesn't improve the staff - player relationship.

• Like 3

Hey, I would like to know what are different roles (I mean the difference between roles some are easy to guess but some needs a bit of explanation ) I would be glad if a staff could tell us. 

Other than this, How are things implemented? (Do you guys have a poll with all the other staff members or just the developer) 

As of punishment purpose do staff and players are treated equally? Or staff punishment is harsh or easy going? 

Is it compulsory for a staff to work specific numbers of hour each day? 

How often are staff rewarded? (What are the rewards for staff? ) Do you think staff rewards are equivalent to time worked? 

How staff solve issues between each other? 

How do recruitment works? (Steps involved) Who is responsible for this? 

When a player gets banned for any reason why he/she is supposed to prove he is innocent? 

When a player broke the rule ( not intentionally) due to game glitch or error why a player has to suffer ( mainly want to talk about my case here) 

Why is staff able to see personal mails (made on forum to a player) Isn't that privacy issue? 

What happened to player stuff when he/she is permanently banned. 

I think that too much of questions (but I kinda want to know these) Thanks! 

• Like 2