Do you think making the game harder by denying evolution of pokemons until lvl 98 is good game design?

Victotem

It's funny how they whine. Here I am, doing story in my third account, with my unevolved lons being level 80+ upon reaching elite four. I didn't grind any, btw. All leveled up with npcs.

An experienced player in story can easily reach e4 with lvl 80 unevolved pokémon.

A normal player will evolve them WHEN THEY NEED that boost, and still be able to reach E4 with their mons around lvl 70-75.

A noob will whine.

Btw, after around 300 hours I would have expected you to be over this "issue".

Edited by Olker

16 minutes ago, Olker said:

It's funny how they whine. Here I am, doing story in my third account, with my unevolved lons being level 80+ upon reaching elite four. I didn't grind any, btw. All leveled up with npcs.

An experienced player in story can easily reach e4 with lvl 80 unevolved pokémon.

A normal player will evolve them WHEN THEY NEED that boost, and still be able to reach E4 with their mons around lvl 70-75.

A noob will whine.

Btw, after around 300 hours I would have expected you to be over this "issue".

you have a team of 6 pkmn lv 80 just with trainers? proof.

I am not whining for me. I am simply commenting that I do not see how it is expected to play with a full team through the story and how HAVING to evolve at lv 98+ because it's optimal is not balanced. 

Also I hope you never have issues with anything in life if your mentality is the way you are showing it is.

Nobody can comment on anything because everything is correct the way it is. 

Edited by Xtremes
  • Haha 1

Let me introduce you to AshKetchum95, hehe.

Screenshot_20210719-161417_PROClient.jpg.69c2750a2c536e868d105f5a0d262d72.jpg

However, if you really want me to record all my playthrough just to show you proof that this is legitimate, then there's something wrong with you. It's not a "nobody can comment because everything is the correct way". If something might need a change, or it's a good idea to do so under my point of view, I support it. This, definitively does not need a change.

Oh, btw, there's a guy that beat the whole Kanto region only with his Char, and he streamed the whole thing, sooo, I guess there is an even more solid proof than AshKetchum95.

Edited by Olker

13 minutes ago, Olker said:

Let me introduce you to AshKetchum95, hehe.

Screenshot_20210719-161417_PROClient.jpg.69c2750a2c536e868d105f5a0d262d72.jpg

However, if you really want me to record all my playthrough just to show you proof that this is legitimate, then there's something wrong with you. It's not a "nobody can comment because everything is the correct way". If something might need a change, or it's a good idea to do so under my point of view, I support it. This, definitively does not need a change.

Oh, btw, there's a guy that beat the whole Kanto region only with his Char, and he streamed the whole thing, sooo, I guess there is an even more solid proof than AshKetchum95.

I guess you are just built different brother. Because I have a friend who also did Kanto just with charmander and he was just hitting level 100 by the time he got to Blaine (8th gym). I do not see how you have 6 level 80s while he barely got 1 to lv 100 in the same time, but hey, whatever my man. I also have a friend who is in Hoenn who is stuck training his Krabby on digletts in Dewford town that are way below his level because he can't train elsewhere that's worth training at. He's done nothing but fight trainers and he has a lv 29 Krabby by the time he reached Mauville city which has an electric gym. Not sure how he's supposed to have 6 lv 29s without grinding for hours on wild pokemon.

Regardless, you are right, I am wrong. Doesn't matter that 7 of my other friends also had the same struggle of not being able to have a team come E4 in any region just through trainers. The game is perfectly balanced and everybody who comments is just a whiner.

6 hours ago, Xtremes said:

Overall it just feels like it's designed the way it is just to make the game harder

good, its supposed to feel like that. Since it is an MMO, difficulty scale is required to be higher than originals.

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

1165D9A76F16E125E61514F70BC6AF4369639B5D

4 hours ago, Deathwing said:

good, its supposed to feel like that. Since it is an MMO, difficulty scale is required to be higher than originals.

But why are we just taking a small phrase out of everything I said and using that as a point? 

Playing with just your starter from every region is the easiest thing you can do. You use 5 worthless pokemon to revive and heal your starter and you can win every single fight simply because he out levels everything by 20+ levels. 

The game is not hard when played like that. The game is hard when played like a regular pokemon game, which makes no sense. Am I just not explaining myself properly? 

11 hours ago, Xtremes said:

But why are we just taking a small phrase out of everything I said and using that as a point? 

Playing with just your starter from every region is the easiest thing you can do. You use 5 worthless pokemon to revive and heal your starter and you can win every single fight simply because he out levels everything by 20+ levels. 

The game is not hard when played like that. The game is hard when played like a regular pokemon game, which makes no sense. Am I just not explaining myself properly? 

The way things are viewed on an MMO scale differs from what you experience in singleplayer games. Single player games are less competitive so the narrative is "is it too difficult?" wheras on an MMO the difficulty narrative is "as long as its not impossible"
Since majority of the playerbase have cleared the storylines, it is not "impossible" and relatively easy if you know to work your way around the mechanics and use them to your advantage, as well as type of pokemons that will give you the upperhand against the gym u're facing.
The "fodder" pokemon mechanic is what you normally do on original games where you just have 5 useless mons and your starter is basically carrying you throughout the game. While it is doable, its not efficient and will make you lose alot of money down the line from revives potions etc.
So the bottom line is, the game is not "that" difficult, you're just making it harder for yourself. Thats why i specifically quoted that out of the whole thing.

• Like 1

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

1165D9A76F16E125E61514F70BC6AF4369639B5D