nice bidoof quest!

Darkbrey777

I could care less about the people who did not participate in this whole Bidoof wq thing. I'm just sad for the people who wasted their money and time getting the Bidoofs. However I think the main reason, (even if we don't want to say it is), we aren't mad at staff, we are mad at other players. This whole Bidoof thing was all about teamwork. If everybody pitched in, the quest would have been done in no time, but seeing as most people were discouraged from doing the quest, we got this. Accept it it wasn't staffs fault it was ours, in a way. 

• Like 2

On 7/4/2021 at 1:29 AM, Epithet said:

Hello all. Regardless of whether we agree or not, I do not wish to ignore your concerns.

I want to be clear that it was not our intention to troll anyone. The World Quest was done as a form of compensation for the recent server crashes that plagued the previous World Quest. We truly did expect it to be finished, but unfortunately that was not the case.

You may be thinking “how could we possibly finish that giant amount of IVs in 24 hours”.

That is a completely fair question, but we have our reasons for believing it would be finished.

The main reason is how common Bidoof is. 

Bidoof is quite possibly the most common Pokémon in Sinnoh, as such, we wanted the IV count to be very high so it would not be too easy to get a ticket. 

As many players have calculated, it took between 180 and 200 Bidoof to reach the required amount of IVs for a singular ticket. While that is indeed a large number, Bidoof is extremely common in early Sinnoh routes and easy to catch. Taking into consideration it’s low rarity and low catch-rate, it could range from 3-4 hours to reach 0.5%, as noted by other players.

That is not very different from normal World Quests where everyone hunts until they have enough IVs and then submit them all at once, resulting in the quest ending in 6-8 hours.

Participation was the biggest factor in not completing the quest. Seeing the seemingly insurmountable number of 3,500,000 IVs needed is enough to demotivate a lot of players. So from the get-go, there was a disadvantage for those wanting to complete it. Only 200 players needed to reach 0.5% to finish the quest, and many did. Not to mention the players who went above and beyond to contribute 3%, or even more. Unfortunately, this was not enough and it did not get completed.

Furthermore, World Quests always have the risk of either not being completed or of any particular player not reaching the IVs needed for a ticket. I personally have reached 0.49 when the quest ended and I did not receive a ticket. But that’s just the nature of the quest.

Remember that they are completely optional. Many players realized this and did not participate, further lowering the chances of competing it.

We understand your frustrations because we are players too, who also participated and also did not get a ticket. Although this was a challenging one, it was certainly doable. 

There will be future World Quests where you can earn a ticket. Hopefully there will be more participation and it will be completed.

"It wasn't our intention to troll anyone"

*Someone from staff sends a troll image through a client system link*

Uh huh.

I think the main problem was the pokemon itself. Let's be honest wq was not that hard at all many players just didn't bother to do it cz it was bidoof which is not only common but useless compare to other pokes if it was any other t8 poke then wq would had been completed long ago. After the 1st wq most players were tired of hunting and from server crashes and without a break we got a 2nd wq where we have to catch almost 200 bidoof it was not only demotivating but enough to rage quit on the spot since most players already got a ticket from 1st wq they didn't bother to do it or quit midway. If there was a special wq bidoof sprite then that would had motivated players to keep doing it. It's wrong to blame everything on stuffs but as a player i have to say it was really disappointing 

Edited by Dani4123

The lack of motivation is completely understandable. Who wants to hunt a Pokémon with 0 PvP Viability and 0 use in bosses, right? We honestly thought players would be more motivated by a low-tier spawn, since hunting high-tiers can be frustrating in its own way. Catching 200 Bidoof seems simple on paper, but when you take into account the time to use False Swipe, a status move like Spore, throwing the ball to catch it, and submitting them, it adds up and takes quite a while. Some players did not use False Swipe or a status move to catch the Bidoof and it still took a substantial amount of time to complete their portion of the IVs.

Bidoof was chosen simply because it was Bidoof Day, a day what was announced by the Pokémon Company only a few days before the World Quest. 

Our intentions were to give the players an opportunity for another Mysterious Ticket and incorporate the recently announced Bidoof Day into PRO. Unfortunately, it didn't go as planned and many players were frustrated, even angry, as us. 

From my perspective, both sides have their faults, but it is our job to provide you all with an enjoyable time playing the game and its quests. Safe to say we did not accomplish that goal that day, but we will not give up. There will be more events, more World Quests, and in general more content that we hope you will enjoy.

• Like 1

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.

Blaming the devs depite the Bidoof WQs literally being free tickets encapsulates how bad and lazy this community is.

First off, I hope you don't really complain about 200 pokeballs that you have to use in order to get this quest done. It's literally one boss fight worth of pokeballs, so if you complain about that you might as well complain about having to buy a bike to access bike road in Kanto to have a shortcut to Fuchsia during the story playthrough.

Secondly, the Bidoof WQ was super easy. You just went farming some Croagunk (212 South) or Riolu (203) while catching all the Bidoof you encounter. Took maybe 3 hours for the 3.5m and 2 hours for the 2.5m one. If you were literally only looking for Bidoof, there is not much anyone can do to help you, sorry. The quest was as free as it can get.

Thirdly, the low-tier WQs are way better looking at the consistency of time invested vs reward. Hunting an unrepellable T8 like Charmander is just based on luck, it can take 2 hours to complete or it can take 2 hours to just get a single encounter that then happens to have 40IVs total in which case, even tho the user put in the effort to participate in the WQ, RNG simply said "nope". Funnily enough, I don't hear any complaints about that happening. But damned be the world and the WQ is a repellable high tier. People literally repel-trick to get a ticket and lemme get this clear as day: the cost of repelling a single high-tier is higher than the cost of catching 180 Bidoof.

The WQ failed because of the abysmal and sodden crying and bitching of the community. "Don't waste your time, WQ gonna fail anyway", "Boohoo my pokeyballz", "It's useless to hunt Bidoof, so I am not doing it.", "LOL as a compensation we have to do this [heck] and it will fail lmao". Great job, self-fulfilling prophets, sorry that Walross expected a baseline of effort and not just magically teleported a ticket into your bags. Must be really rough being you if you have to complain about that.

The Bidoof extermination was a fun break from the usual monotony in the game and I enjoyed it a lot. Did both quests on 2 accounts and haven't felt my time was wasted at all. Got a kick-[butt] Croagunk in the process, so thanks for nudging me into farming one. I probably wouldn't have done it without the WQ.

The only issue with the WQs were that it was such a hassle to run between the cultist and the PC a million times to sacrifice a shipment of Bidoof. There should be made some work in that department since this is pretty much the only valid complaint.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Edited by Kary0plasma
  • Checked/Done 1

In my honest opinion, the world quest should just be reworked so that the person who contributed 0,5 or more always gets a mysterious ticket, regardless of the entire server succeeding or failing in gathering the total amount of required ivs. Work and effort should always be rewarded. It's the only logical thing for me

• Checked/Done 4

Here's a idea next time lets do "Bidoof" WQ 1.65M in sinnoh only(those who havent unlocked sucks to be u no copensation huh).

I mean it was supposed to be a compensation for the troubles in Char WQ, but guess what its a troll, the devs r laughing at foolish us trying to do the same meaningless wq twice.

Bidoof Troll 1st part - 3.5M Sinnoh only | Useless Poke | 3-4 hrs Hunt time Epic Failure

Troll Part 2 - Well that went well lets have some more fun lets make them hunt Bidoof again just reduce it to 2.5M ez and yeah those in first 3 region sucks to be u again.

• Like 1
  • Checked/Done 1

1 minute ago, NightClown said:

Here's a idea next time lets do "Bidoof" WQ 1.65M in sinnoh only(those who havent unlocked sucks to be u no copensation huh).

I mean it was supposed to be a compensation for the troubles in Char WQ, but guess what its a troll, the devs r laughing at foolish us trying to do the same meaningless wq twice.

Bidoof Troll 1st part - 3.5M Sinnoh only | Useless Poke | 3-4 hrs Hunt time Epic Failure

Troll Part 2 - Well that went well lets have some more fun lets make them hunt Bidoof again just reduce it to 2.5M ez and yeah those in first 3 region sucks to be u again.

how much reason so many wq of bidof

and none of them gave us a prize, we spent many hours hunting

I am poor and the little pokeballs that I had I wasted

My time

other than that the summer event got me down a lot too late

I still appreciate that they made us 2 wq but not in such an inappropriate way

IMG_0209.gif.0ec24d2ac7779e4d4b59d5c9005fe104.gif

Click on picture shop of limit