Move Tutor for Block

Hemshire

I have been checking some stuff out and realised we dont have a move tutor for block. I think it wasnt added cause Block wasnt coded properly in the past . I would like to see a move tutor for block, there is alot of pokemon that can learn it from tutor in gen 7 meta game and Block is a realy usefull move. and it is an underrated move with great potential. I know we have banned arena trap and shadow tag but they are a instant way to trap your oppenent and block is a move your oppenent gets a chance to switch freely, and bring in a pokemon that opposes a threat to yours. It would be a great addition to pro pvp meta game and gave us diffrent options. Thank you for reading my suggestion, i hope you agree with me and we see this cool move get a move tutor. Take care!

and before i forget you can see pokemons that can learn block via move tutor from this link;
https://www.serebii.net/attackdex-sm/block.shtml

• Like 3

-1 Block is an abusive move that is unhealthy for pvp meta game and can cause pp stalling by many pokemons.

"Pokémon has a built-in failsafe to prevent battles from going on forever. Typically, the move Struggle causes the user to faint once all its PP is gone. But there's one strategy that can force enemy to struggle. A Slowbro holding a Leppa Berry with Recycle, Rest, Block, and Slack off/toxic or similar set is the key. The troublemaker uses Block to trap the opponent, Rest and Slack Off to restore party's HP and status condition, and Recycle to keep using the PP restoring Berry. once a trainer gets trapped, the battle won't end until someone forfeits. Stall builds are a legitimate strategy, but they aim to let opponents faint via Struggle. The only reason someone would use this strategy would be poor sportsmanship." even if this thread gets accepted, it should be banned in pvp definetly.

Edited by CruelGreen
  • Like 1

Hyena Lionking GIF - Hyena Lionking Laughing GIFs

7 hours ago, CruelGreen said:

-1 Block is an abusive move that is unhealthy for pvp meta game and can cause pp stalling by many pokemons.

"Pokémon has a built-in failsafe to prevent battles from going on forever. Typically, the move Struggle causes the user to faint once all its PP is gone. But there's one strategy that can force enemy to struggle. A Slowbro holding a Leppa Berry with Recycle, Rest, Block, and Slack off/toxic or similar set is the key. The troublemaker uses Block to trap the opponent, Rest and Slack Off to restore party's HP and status condition, and Recycle to keep using the PP restoring Berry. once a trainer gets trapped, the battle won't end until someone forfeits. Stall builds are a legitimate strategy, but they aim to let opponents faint via Struggle. The only reason someone would use this strategy would be poor sportsmanship." even if this thread gets accepted, it should be banned in pvp definetly.

Hello Cruelgreen, I read your concern about block and i can assure you those concerns are redundant. PP stalling is a strategy that can be used to break pokemons that don't have a way to deal with constant healing from a tanky pokemon and it is not any worst than people using pokemons with regenerator ability and switching between enemy atacks and using pokemons with a reliabe healing move and constantly spam healing to wear down opponents pp. 

Lets talk about slowbro with recycle and leppa berry; This slowbro set sounds good on theory, if you catch an opponent pokemon and block them, if they have no way of dealing more than 50 percent damage to slowbro, you can wear down their pp. In pokemon pvp system swtiching out a pokemon always has maximum priority so opponent has their chance to switch out unlike (arena trap ability which was used to trap and revenge kill pokemons and give people no chance thats why it was banned.) , lets say opponent switch out to an electric type or a dark type that can deal huge damage to slowbro or they switch out to a pokemon with the move Taunt or they switch to a pokemon that can use setup moves and dont mind being trap against a slowbro that cannot deal any damage to them and opposes zero threat, these were the good scenarios for the opponent now lets talk about bad scenarios, opponent switches to a pokemon that cannot deal with slowbro and they get blocked if this happens they lose that pokemon,they wont lose the whole match, its a bad play on their part. when someone first encounters a pokemon set like this and they lost to it they will not forget and they are expected to not to repeat their mistake next time.The point is this slowbro move set has its counters and not hard to handle unless the opponent is using a similiar strategy themselves. When games reach to maximum turns they end on a draw even. maybe you have lost time but you will not be defeated. If this strategy was succesfull everybody would use it and it would get banned accordingly, and people can play however they like aslong as they are not cheating, this wont make them a ''poor sportsman''. there is no reason to ban a move like block from pvp without testing it. Block has never been banned in any smogon meta game and this shows those type of strategies arent as succesfull.

If you read this, thank you. I hate writing , This took me 40 minutes, hope you enjoyed reading it. Take care.

19 hours ago, Hemshire said:

Hello Cruelgreen, I read your concern about block and i can assure you those concerns are redundant. PP stalling is a strategy that can be used to break pokemons that don't have a way to deal with constant healing from a tanky pokemon and it is not any worst than people using pokemons with regenerator ability and switching between enemy atacks and using pokemons with a reliabe healing move and constantly spam healing to wear down opponents pp. 

Lets talk about slowbro with recycle and leppa berry; This slowbro set sounds good on theory, if you catch an opponent pokemon and block them, if they have no way of dealing more than 50 percent damage to slowbro, you can wear down their pp. In pokemon pvp system swtiching out a pokemon always has maximum priority so opponent has their chance to switch out unlike (arena trap ability which was used to trap and revenge kill pokemons and give people no chance thats why it was banned.) , lets say opponent switch out to an electric type or a dark type that can deal huge damage to slowbro or they switch out to a pokemon with the move Taunt or they switch to a pokemon that can use setup moves and dont mind being trap against a slowbro that cannot deal any damage to them and opposes zero threat, these were the good scenarios for the opponent now lets talk about bad scenarios, opponent switches to a pokemon that cannot deal with slowbro and they get blocked if this happens they lose that pokemon,they wont lose the whole match, its a bad play on their part. when someone first encounters a pokemon set like this and they lost to it they will not forget and they are expected to not to repeat their mistake next time.The point is this slowbro move set has its counters and not hard to handle unless the opponent is using a similiar strategy themselves. When games reach to maximum turns they end on a draw even. maybe you have lost time but you will not be defeated. If this strategy was succesfull everybody would use it and it would get banned accordingly, and people can play however they like aslong as they are not cheating, this wont make them a ''poor sportsman''. there is no reason to ban a move like block from pvp without testing it. Block has never been banned in any smogon meta game and this shows those type of strategies arent as succesfull.

If you read this, thank you. I hate writing , This took me 40 minutes, hope you enjoyed reading it. Take care.

(you spent 40 minutes to write that ridicilous text? well next time spend 4 hours, you may have a good argument this time.)

Oh nice, A Slowbro! Why don't we sacrifice a pokemon to see which set it is. oh, what? block set? now I have to use my pps untill I struggle. you should understand not all pvp teams has taunt, even if have mostly has it is not something you can send against slowbro that you don't know the moveset. in order to learn it you have to let one of your pokemons get trapped and pp stalled. sounds very fair! even moves such as magma storm and whirlpool only traps enemy for 5 turns can be stopped by things such as water absorb and flash fire and have chance to miss. in other hand block can't miss and forces enemy to stay in till it dies. slowbro opposes zero threat? yea spamming infinity healing moves and forcing enemy to struggle must be zero threat. yea game will end draw if game reaches 1000 turn but can your pps make it through 1000 turn? you should understand not all teams are that offensive to kill slowbro with that set. such as stall, rain, ballanced they may do something if they could switch; but they are forced to stay in till they struggle. and only block trapper isn't slowbro after all. this is not smogon , we ban things if it can make players to tire of the game or unhealthy for pvp. stall is legilmate, but pp-stalling is not. infact even if it doesn't get banned, it will cause in game player bans for unnecessarily  pp stalling. and as we both know you are trying to abuse that as you already admitted in discord. even smogon players aware that is pathetic and poor sportmenship that is one of the reasons it has %0.1 use after all. but if you still want to use that pathetic play style you can go smogon.

Hyena Lionking GIF - Hyena Lionking Laughing GIFs

• 2 weeks later...