Ability to report beggars

Kboww

just bumping because within 2 days ive gotten spammed 7 times total from people wanting free level 100 pokes and/or money. if people keep falling to the level of giving them money and mons out of being guilt tripped then itll never end because these people dont just take what you give them and stop, they take what you give them and it gives them more of a reason to continue because they know people are just gonna keep giving them free stuff and they will never have to work for it

Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png

• Developer

Heyho, I understand the annoyed feeling of getting repeatedly pmed for free stuff but that's exactly why I took the hassle to implement a permanent ignore list. You are always free to ignore these players!

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 11:45 AM, Kboww said:

If there was a rule where we can report the first time and they get a warning/mute I think it will stop alot of the begger problem that pro has. And trust me that problem is huge im sure everyone knows that already 

Ignoring them will also make a lot of them stop. Those players will eventually find their way and not beg if they are simply ignored, or consider seeing why they are begging and maybe try to help them like a decent player. You never know why they may be doing it. Maybe they're stuck on a gym and feel the only way to get through it is by begging for a pokemon or money to buy a pokemon. Regardless, those players also help keep the game alive, so just ignore them if it's that much of an issue.

1 hour ago, Xtremes said:

Ignoring them will also make a lot of them stop. Those players will eventually find their way and not beg if they are simply ignored, or consider seeing why they are begging and maybe try to help them like a decent player. You never know why they may be doing it. Maybe they're stuck on a gym and feel the only way to get through it is by begging for a pokemon or money to buy a pokemon. Regardless, those players also help keep the game alive, so just ignore them if it's that much of an issue.

"Maybe try helping them like a decent player" ummm excuse me i refuse to help people that spam stuff like this to me constantly. Don't go around calling people non decent players just because they would rather not be harassed unknown-5.png.7271bbedf196ed58c8ff23e808259656.png

• Like 1
Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png

12 hours ago, Kboww said:

"Maybe try helping them like a decent player" ummm excuse me i refuse to help people that spam stuff like this to me constantly. Don't go around calling people non decent players just because they would rather not be harassed unknown-5.png.7271bbedf196ed58c8ff23e808259656.png

I gave him, or someone from his guild, clothes once. I left vermi and came back a few minutes later. He asked me for clothes again.

It reminded me of that south park episode where beggars were everywhere.

Edited by Olker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Olker said:

I gave him, or someone from his guild, clothes once. I left vermi and came back a few minutes later. He asked me for clothes again.

It reminded me lf that south park episode where beggars were everywhere.

Exactly. If it was just one person who actually needed help it would be different. But this is a whole guild who camps out in vermillion and never leaves. They are running a full pyramid scheme of begging

On 8/5/2021 at 8:26 PM, Kboww said:

But why do you even entertain it? Why bother speaking back to him? You complain about them, yet you have a conversation with them. Ignore them and move on. They will either stop begging or stop playing when they see no one pays them any attention. At almost 500 hours, I've only been pmed once by someone asking for 2k, I simply said no and closed the pm. Simply put, ignore them and continue about your business. This shouldn't be as much of an issue as it's being blown out to be, beggars exist in every mmo.

5 hours ago, Xtremes said:

But why do you even entertain it? Why bother speaking back to him? You complain about them, yet you have a conversation with them. Ignore them and move on. They will either stop begging or stop playing when they see no one pays them any attention. At almost 500 hours, I've only been pmed once by someone asking for 2k, I simply said no and closed the pm. Simply put, ignore them and continue about your business. This shouldn't be as much of an issue as it's being blown out to be, beggars exist in every mmo.

if you have only been pmed 1 time then you shouldnt even be speaking your opinion in my opinion. most of the people agreeing to this post get pmed every single day, me included. and that screenshot was took right when the dude was pming me i would rather convince them what they are doing is wrong rather than ignoring because ignoring WONT DO [heck]. they will just stay in the same spot and pm EVERY single other person that walks in