Introduce an automated start of world quests - About estimated times for the World Quest

Norex

Hey, I would like to suggest to introduce a process which automates or assures the start of a world quest at a certain previously given time.

I know its not easy to give estimated times and we dont get any most of the time which is totally fine. However if we do get an estimated time for a world quest for example which is a must for an important and time-limited event like the world quest, it is extremly frustrating for the community if the event does not start at the given time.

The world quest is an extremly important event for the players considering its the only way to obtain a mysterious ticket, which enables you to catch certain legendaries, grants your guild access to guild island, unlocks the double reroll service etc. Needlessly to mention some players want to plan ahead so they are able to participate in the world quest. They stay up late, wake up early, even may take a day off work or similiar stuff, you get the point. Yes it is their own decision and their own risk but considering some people struggle to find time to do the world quest and its an extremly limited event since its only once a month that should be understandable to a certain extend. The player should be able to plan ahead of time to make sure to have some freetime during the world quest.

I fully understand that there may be technical issues or personal issues, which may delay the start of a world quest, so I would suggest to improve the communication about that part as well.

A small message on the #announcements channel on the PRO discord would be enough: >> 'Hey for some XXX reason/s the world quest will/might be delayed [...]'. <<

Leaving the community in the dark about a very important event which had a set time to start can be frustrating for some parts of the playerbase.

I still want to mention that the communication on previous delays has gotten better a lot over the last few months but can still be improved.

Lastly I want to mention that this post does not come from personal frustration or 'hate' but rather from the motivation to improve the player-staff-relationship, the world quest and therefor the game itself.

grafik.png.7abbf1b3393fda52e8c25b6dddb60bf4.png

grafik.png.6cb678dd085283b8d540816579cd8ab3.png

grafik.png.aaecab3c4f5801df6b33a63a9db65aee.png

grafik.png.ae8d2ebd3b2abcdd9b42556f6f09445d.png

grafik.png.dbc17f9688cc47391f81697d3d17fb25.png

grafik.png.37f616e2c25ac7a64566e73774d7bf2e.png

Edited by Norex
  • Like 11

• Norex changed the title to Introduce an automated start of world quests - About estimated times for the World Quest
  • 5 months later...

As always when there's a cool idea you'd get a respond like "denied, scripters would have too much work with it" and eventually they think of something else so it won't look like your idea.

I like yours though and I'm giving it a +, good luck!

"To hurt others is part of being human but...
Sometimes we hurt people so much
That there is no way to fix their soul...
And we lose them
Forever."