Enable the usage of upper case letters on the in-game chat

Kaasfondue

It would be a good idea to let people use capitalization in the in-game chat. It is a very easy suggestion and it can clarify terms like WTB, WTS, WTT, BCC, CC and so on. I know that moderators have the ability to use capitals in the public chats, so it's just a matter of changing a "false" to a "true" in the code. It is also just natural for people to type with upp- and lower case letters, it exists for a reason.

I can't remember who I had the conversation with (one of the mods, probably), but the argument was that they were afraid it would be a spamfest with all caps.

This does not hold true with other online games and doesn't even apply to the discord server many of us use.

It is just a weird thing and maybe after enabling the first days people will be surprised you can use capitals(and will maybe be annoying for a minute or two), but I guarantee that in the long run it does not harm the chat experience, I can think of other things that post a bigger threat to the wellbeing of the playerbase.

thank you for at least considering it, I think many long time players have accepted it as a normality, but it is still really strange for many, as if we are not trusted with a little bit of responsibility

• Like 1

Not happening due to how obnoxious the chat will become.

• Like 1
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

• Qeight locked this topic
  • Eaty unlocked this topic
  • Developer

Only solution I might be willing to offer would be that you can only use upper case for the first letter in each word and less than 50% of all letters to avoid space upper case spam.

Everything else would only cause more work for moderation staffs as said above.

On 8/27/2021 at 1:30 AM, Eaty said:

Only solution I might be willing to offer would be that you can only use upper case for the first letter in each word and less than 50% of all letters to avoid space upper case spam.

Everything else would only cause more work for moderation staffs as said above.

If chat abuse is a concern, one capslock per word might still be somewhat abusable, I think making it a max of three capslock per post would be fine.

I agree with Prehax here, it would serve no function other than making the chat even more unreadable.

Also it's a good idea to only allow staff members to type in caps because that makes their role so much harder to fake. I can already smell the scam attempts if this is changed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 6:30 PM, Kary0plasma said:

because that makes their role so much harder to fake.

idk fam, mods have the special icon in front of them, the usage of capitalization has nothing to do with that

On 8/26/2021 at 8:30 PM, Eaty said:

That would still not help with the usage of WTB/WTT or other abbreviations like IIRC, IDK or IM(H)O