Log out teleport

Crucifixuz

+1 for some reason u guys change things that are working perfectly fine . Logout teleport and spawn rarities are the most recent ones . Whole pro playerbase is against them but u still go for the " rework" instead of focusing on more important aspects of the game . 

Someone who would start the game would not ever find the "feature" on their own because it shouldn't be a thing, it is a longtime players abused feature.

44 minutes ago, Pispi13 said:

spawn rarities are the most recent ones

I suppose players would want to be lied to. The tiers were missleading in many cases. A pokemons rarity in a map is dependant on what other pokemons spawn in the map and how rare they are, because it's inconsistent across almost all maps and people don't realise that, they only see a number 7 that is lower than 8 and think it would spawn more frequently than the other map. Which made 95% of the maps for a pokemon never to be used as hunting ground even if they were way better in reality, the change to tiering system deceives the player less and gives them the option to go hunt at a place they may prefer or what is closer. It isn't a hard concept to understand and it's weird people still call it a bad change or whatever. 

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

1 hour ago, Comrader said:

A pokemons rarity in a map is dependant on what other pokemons spawn in the map and how rare they are, because it's inconsistent across almost all maps and people don't realise that, they only see a number 7 that is lower than 8 and think it would spawn more frequently than the other map

Im pretty sure players could check how 

many low tier pokemons where on the spot and decide based on that aswell not only the the tier of the pokemon they gonna hunt . The change was done cause it would be easier for the spawn editors and i dont think it really made it easier for ppl that farm pokes. Also saying the old system was deceiving while the new one isnt is absurd , u can have 2 common poke in one route and one can be 10 times easier to farm while both have the "common " label  .  And thats not the point tbh as i said players prefered the old features so i dont see why u have to rework them while there a still a ton of other things that need to be  fixed 

Edited by Pispi13
  • Like 1

I'm actually one of those who are glad we don't get thrown into Pokemon Center anymore because it's extremely annoying to have that happening in BCC

I can see why people think it shouldn't be applied outside BCC though. But I guess one of the intentions is to regulate money in the server by making people buy more escape ropes.

• Like 1

To me this is a step in the wrong direction, like we don't have fly so we can't port from whereever we are to the desired location.

This log out thing was kind of a blessing to save time like walking deep in  a cave for a boss or whatever and leave again. Saves unnecessary time waste. I dont get the need in making the game feel even slower. How is a good thing??

They wanna hit the players pokedollars??? What? There are obviously way better ways of doing so instead of forcing people to buy escape ropes.

If i was to buy an escape ropes for how often i used the log out command i wouldn't have enough money for other things like balls/repels & other needs. (There were obvly locations i often had to use escape rope too)

So is it really the goal to force people to spend all their earned ingame currency on escape ropes? Like when would i be able to stack enough money to buy a desired shiny or regular pokemon from someone? Is the goal here to force people to buy cc in order to have enough money to buy a pokemon.

Let's compare pro to the actual games, its true we walk faster than on the regular games but on other games we can fly from whatever location or even use teleport on abra to get back to a pc. The log out thing was the only fast travel on spot that we have. If they really want that option away then atleast code the attack move teleport so we can atleast use an Abra or w/e to tp to the PC.

Truth to be said personally many recent changes just make me stay away/play less the game, a game i truly like. I am not here to insult any admins but i feel like they are just heading a bad way.

slsgoi.png.387b78a551b3e2e0c09b364e56438d36.png

On 8/28/2021 at 12:00 PM, Comrader said:

I suppose players would want to be lied to. The tiers were missleading in many cases. A pokemons rarity in a map is dependant on what other pokemons spawn in the map and how rare they are, because it's inconsistent across almost all maps and people don't realise that, they only see a number 7 that is lower than 8 and think it would spawn more frequently than the other map. Which made 95% of the maps for a pokemon never to be used as hunting ground even if they were way better in reality, the change to tiering system deceives the player less and gives them the option to go hunt at a place they may prefer or what is closer. It isn't a hard concept to understand and it's weird people still call it a bad change or whatever. 

I said it once, I said it a thousand times: this argument is flawed and additionally, the rework did nothing to prevent the core issue you are seeing in this.

Yes, some players did not understand that the tiers that make up the spawns in the map are the most important factor for the spot and not just the tier of the target. The number of times I had to convince people to farm Shuppet in Mt. Pyre 1-3F (T5) instead of outside (T4) has more ciphers than 22 divided by 7. Anyway, now people are forced to look at the other spawns on the map, so all should be good, right?

Wrong. The encounters that waste most of your hunting time are the ones in the now bundled "common" tier, since naturally those are the ones you are running away most from. But here lies the issue: Former T1 pokemon are about 3 times as often encountered than former T2 pokemon. The chasm between T2 and T3 is not that enormous, but still noticeable. Just to give you an idea how skewed the "common" category is: it would be more fitting to reality to split common/uncommon/rare like this:

Common - T1

Uncommon - T2-5

Rare - T6-9

That's how bad T1 encounters are. 

As an example, look at Route 1 at daytime, it has 3 commons (Rat, Pidgey, Sentret), 1 uncommon (Furret) and 1 rare (Shinx). If you ever tried to farm Shinx on Route 1, you will probably know that you are better off investing your time watching paint dry because it will be close to impossible to encounter.

Now take a look at Evergreen Waterway and imagine farming Magby: 3 commons (Sandshew, Sandslash, Sentret), 2 uncommon (Vulpix, Skitty) 2 rare (Munchlax, Magby). This spot looks much, much worse on paper than hunting Shinx on Route 1.

But the opposite is true, because the commons on Route 1 are 2 T1s and a T2, the uncommon is T4. On Evergreen, the commons are 1 T1, 1 T2, 1 T3 and the uncommons are both T5, which makes it much, much better.

So what exactly did this update do, apart from shifting from "Oh my target is 1 tier lower somewhere else" to "Oh there are 3 commons in that route with my target, this must be terrible"? Exactly, absolutely nothing. People will not go and "try out the spawn" as it was glorified in the update sentiment (I'm not even calling it patch notes or explanation, that would be a disgrace), they will go to Evergreen Waterways, encounter 3 Sandshrews, 3 Sandslashes and 3 Sentrets by an unlucky random distribution and go like "This spot is trash, put it on the shitlist" and go to a different one. Thinking that people who didn't even take their time to understand the old tier system, as flawed as it was, will now thoroughly explore the new hunting spots, is illogical and nonsensical, wishful thinking.

The conclusion you have drawn that players want to be lied to is absurd and insulting. Players hate the new system because it fixes nothing and obscures reality even more. That is the reason people were so up in arms, not because they "hate Prehax" or don't appreciate his work.

Edited by Kary0plasma